Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 02:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,522,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
The basic story is that Snow White's mother, died right after she was born, so her father, who was the king, married a new woman. Her new step-mother was very vain, and would ask her mirror who was the fairest in the land, and the mirror would always answer she was, until Snow White got to be about seven, and then the mirror started to say that Snow White was the fairest in the land.

So the Evil Queen ordered one of her huntsman to take Snow White out into the forrest and murder her, and bring back her heart as proof. But the huntsman couldn't bear to kill the child, so he abandoned her, and took back the heart of an animal instead. Eventually the seven dwarfs found Snow White, took her home with them, and raised her.

When the mirror started to once again say that Snow White was the fairest in the land, the Evil Queen disguised herself as an old woman selling apples, and showed up on the dwarves doorstep, and offered Snow White a poisoned apple. Snow White died, and the dwarves put her in a glass coffin, and a prince who happened by, saw her in that glass coffin, and fell in love with her, and it was his true love kiss that brought her back to live.

Then the Evil Queen was punished and everyone else lived happily ever after!

So if this show is sticking strictly to the fairy tale, the only thing Snow White ever did was take the Evil Queen's place as the fairest in the land. And I would guess there are still women in the world, who would give anything or do anything to be considered the most beautiful woman in the world.

It will be interesting to see if they add to, or change the fairy tale history in any way!
That is the fairy tale I always heard too. But last week the lady the Queen was trying to get the charm back from mentioned something about how the Queen was supposed to have gotten married on the same day as Snow.

And the Queen's father indicated that something happened that involved Snow White should be forgotten and the Queen should get on with her life.

So I think more exaggeration of the actual fairy tale will be shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Yes, that is the tale I remember, btl, but I heard what Min was saying too, so I assumed there was more to the tale then we were brought up on. Sounds like they are taking liberties with the Tale. Either way, I am enjoying it.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,522,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, that is the tale I remember, btl, but I heard what Min was saying too, so I assumed there was more to the tale then we were brought up on. Sounds like they are taking liberties with the Tale. Either way, I am enjoying it.
Me too. If I want total accuracy, I wouldn't be watching TV.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,051,630 times
I missed the first, and possibly second epi and am trying to catch up (recorded tonight's to watch tomorrow).

What did I miss? Is that epi available online?

Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM

5,614 posts, read 6,556,372 times
Did anyone else crack up when Prince Charming told Snow that he wanted back "his jewels"? Just struck us as funny. :-)

Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,662,193 times
Tonight's episode was the best so far! I really liked it. I think the story is picking up some momentum now. Obviously, the mayor found someone to pretend to be prince charming's wife! The woman acted fairly convincing, too! But the "coincidence" was too fishy.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,394,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Obviously, the mayor found someone to pretend to be prince charming's wife! The woman acted fairly convincing, too! But the "coincidence" was too fishy.
His wife was also his fiance in the fairy tale. She was the blond in the carriage he planned to give the ring to. But he clearly met his match when he met Snow White - how could he not fall for her after she saved him from those trolls! And I have a feeling that history is going to repeat itself! The current wife may love him, but she's not a match for a modern day Snow White turned school teacher!

I'm also fairly certain the Mayor knew all along who he was, and where to find his wife, but as long as he was in a coma, she was happy to just let him lie there.

It really is interesting to see how things are evolving!

And I do hope we get to see some dwarves at some point. Snow White mentioned the difference between trolls and dwarves tonight, so I hope we get to see some soon!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,414,271 times
I don't get something, maybe you guys can help me: Does the mayor/queen know that she is the storybook queen?
It seems that Rumpelstiltskin knows who he is in present day, because he knows how to use someone's real name against them, and he seems to know who Emma really is. Sometimes I think the queen knows (because of how she treats Henry) and sometimes I think she is just an overly-controlling mother.
She (queenie) did the spell that sent them all into the real world, right? Was she a part of the spell?

Or did I miss something critical? (it's been known to happen )

Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Did anyone else crack up when Prince Charming told Snow that he wanted back "his jewels"? Just struck us as funny. :-)

LOL, fellow pervs! I was doing the same thing at the time and having retorts run through my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
I don't get something, maybe you guys can help me: Does the mayor/queen know that she is the storybook queen?
It seems that Rumpelstiltskin knows who he is in present day, because he knows how to use someone's real name against them, and he seems to know who Emma really is. Sometimes I think the queen knows (because of how she treats Henry) and sometimes I think she is just an overly-controlling mother.
She (queenie) did the spell that sent them all into the real world, right? Was she a part of the spell?

Or did I miss something critical? (it's been known to happen )

I've been wondering the same thing myself, Nan. At times I think she does know who she is but then there are times I think she is just a controlling witch. Rumpel seems to be more aware than the others.

We saw some dwarves in the first eppie but I, too, am looking forward to seeing more of their part of the story.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:30 AM

4,067 posts, read 5,662,193 times
I think the mayor/queen knows enough! That's why she plots so much to keep the others from finding out what's going on! If they knew...she wouldn't be able to control everybody. She already can't control her adopted child...because he knows who she is. Until "Prince Charming" gets his memory back, I guess there's no proof whether that woman is his wife or not in present time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV