Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 04:28 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,008,243 times

Advertisements

I remain an outsider on this issue.... I love David and Hilary on Love or List It. Yes it is scripted.....but still I find the show very entertaining. Now Love or List It - Vancouver is a bit too bland for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times
They play this show like 10 to 20 times a week do they check out the internet to see home much this show is hated. I just wish they would end it already I am not a big fan of it HGTV has 5 other shows that 50x better

Old 11-07-2014, 11:59 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
I remain an outsider on this issue.... I love David and Hilary on Love or List It. Yes it is scripted.....but still I find the show very entertaining. Now Love or List It - Vancouver is a bit too bland for me.
No, I love it as well! Yes, some of it is staged but it's TV for entertainment.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:50 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
actually Hillary needs to teach the homeowners how to organize and throw away. Almost all of the homes they have, have nothing wroing with them, other than slobs living there

Old 11-10-2014, 02:05 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Hillary needs to allow for more money in these older homes she always trys to make open concept.

they werent designed for open concept.
That's not really her fault though, she has to work with the budget the homeowners give her.

I do like the show even though it's clearly largely fake. But I do get annoyed by the homeowners who have a renovation wish list a mile long but only hand over a budget big enough to do 1/2 of what they want, and then get an attitude when they can't have everything. Uh, did you really want a new kitchen, a new luxury master bath, walk in closets, a finished basement, and open concept main flow requiring knocking down multiple walls and rewiring, and an extra bedroom for $15,000 dollars? Really? SMH

Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 991 times
Love it or List it is my favorite HGTV show and Hillary and David do an excellent job. I watch the show every day and Hillary is a very talented beautiful decorator. I think she handles her clients very well when they expect too much for the amount of money they want to spend. Also, anytime you remodel an old house you are going to run into problems when you start tearing down walls. Both of you keep up the good work.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,609,639 times
I love the rapport between Hillary and David and find their banter quite amusing. Yes, it's not accurately portrayed but the fake outraged homeowner stuff is necessary to provide some needed tension. I fall asleep to this or House Hunters most nights. So I hardly ever know if they loved it or listed it. It's a familiar routine.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Eess not too gut yah.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:59 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,442,125 times
Not surprisingly the "old" home is a mess...just cleaning it up would be a big improvement..
the kitchens are not cleaned, nor the bathrooms, toys and clothes thrown all over the house,
it makes Hillary's makeover look so much better...but I get that's part of the setup..who would
let cameras in a messy house on purpose otherwise?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:22 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,476 times
There isn't a reality show on tv that isn't scripted to a certain extent------love it or list it is a show with a format and script, but I agree with some others that I find it entertaining.

Homeowners are committing anywhere from $50 to $100,000 on home remodels, so there is an element of some stark reality involved.

One feature I would like added, is that after a family decides to list their home for sale that the viewer should know if the sale actually happens.

I would also like them to what the property brothers have done----they have done episodes in Austin, Texas. It would great for Hiliary and David to do a season in the United States , maybe in several cities----the numbers for home purchase and remodel are so high in Toronto that a lot of us have trouble relating to the figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV