Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 05:32 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times

Advertisements

I gave up on this a while ago. I do like what Hilleary does for what she has, and its not surprising the majority do stay (unless that's fake too). But what really bugs me is how people and even professional designers seem to be surprised when they open up a wall on an older home and .... surprise .... mold, electrical gone wring, seepage from a leak, etc. Maybe the family but certainly not the pros.

I'm fixing up my own house corner at a time, room at a time. It might take me ten years, but it will be just how I like it and power tooss ar a girls best friend (and its fun)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Hillary needs to allow for more money in these older homes she always trys to make open concept.

they werent designed for open concept.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:29 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
HGTV has really gone downhill, IMO. They seem to have only a few shows, shown over and over. I wish they would bring back Candace Olsen and Sarah Richardson.
It's not just HGTV. It seems ALL the cable networks have dedicated blocks of the same programming they run over and over and over. I swear -- TBS runs Castle and Bones in continual rotation. Castle has 105 episodes they run -- and they go from 1-105 in about a month. And start over again.

There is so much other programming, but since people started to talk about "binge watching" -- these networks have decided "that's the ticket!!" and that's all they do. Lazy lazy programming...

Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 PM

41,976 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
But I do learn from watching this some of the do's/don'ts of rehab.
Yeah ... Don't hire Hilary to do your remodel.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yeah ... Don't hire Hilary to do your remodel.

OMG, Muah ha ha ha ha !!!!

word!!!!!

everything she does looks so monochromatic. I hate that bland "I might sell" type of a look.
Boring.

What most of these homeowners need is a lesson in organization, nevermid a make over that they probably cant even take care of properly.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:42 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,325,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Hilary can NEVER give the people what they want, ever. There is always some major problem down in the basement that eats up over half the budget. I am starting to think it's a scam. Don't give the people what they want, they list the house, she and David get to split the commission. And David needs to shave that hair. His hairline is at the middle of his head. Just shave the rest off, already.
People should know that their homes are old and leaky. This couple had a damp basement and when Hilary found out that it was a major leak, they threw a fit. It's an act. They get their house renovated properly in a short amount of time and at a big discount -- not a bad gig

Old 10-20-2014, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,558 times
I'm convinced Hilary actually has no professional expertise in home design. She makes these radical agreements to give a couple what they want when she has no idea on the fundamentals of what is possible based on the homes current structure. She is an absolute joke and hands down the worst thing about any show on HGTV. I know this sounds extreme but I watch this channel constantly and she seriously has no business being on this show. Your average handy man in any city would do a better job than Hilary.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:57 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times
There is a lot of hate for this show it is the most hated show on HGTV or DIY and they still show it like it is one of there top 5 shows. I am not a fan of it either any show on any other network with this much hate it would have been canceled already

Old 10-24-2014, 01:43 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,577,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kferencz View Post
I'm convinced Hilary actually has no professional expertise in home design. She makes these radical agreements to give a couple what they want when she has no idea on the fundamentals of what is possible based on the homes current structure. She is an absolute joke and hands down the worst thing about any show on HGTV. I know this sounds extreme but I watch this channel constantly and she seriously has no business being on this show. Your average handy man in any city would do a better job than Hilary.
She's scripted to be this way. It's her counter-balance to David. She takes the couple's list of wants and tries to give them as much as she can within their budget. But, it's still scripted that she won't give them everything, otherwise, why would anyone choose to List It?

Old 10-24-2014, 04:10 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
She's scripted to be this way. It's her counter-balance to David. She takes the couple's list of wants and tries to give them as much as she can within their budget. But, it's still scripted that she won't give them everything, otherwise, why would anyone choose to List It?
Agreed...after two episodes I was done. Not just because it was scripted but because it was so badly scripted...same for Property Brothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV