Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
If I watched only based on who's cast that season, I'd never get to "know" (and vote for) some awesome people. And if you didnt watch last season you missed Donald Driver. He looks better shirtless than Maks and he has a rags-to-riches story that's as uplifting as his dancing.
And don't forget J.R. Martinez, an actor maybe, but an American hero if ever there was one, and one that millions of people fell in love with because of who he was, and not how he looked. I will never forget watching him and being amazed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,461,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
And don't forget J.R. Martinez, an actor maybe, but an American hero if ever there was one, and one that millions of people fell in love with because of who he was, and not how he looked. I will never forget watching him and being amazed.

Absolutely! We all fell in love with J. R. Martinez' spirit!!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Yes, it's time for Tristan to get a partner who's younger than 60 and doesnt have two left feet.
I maybe getting names and faces confused but didn't Tristan have Sabrina as a partner just recently in this all-star season? She is younger than 60 isn't she and she didn't appear to have two left feet .

So Tristan had his chance to shine if I'm not mistaken???

Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I maybe getting names and faces confused but didn't Tristan have Sabrina as a partner just recently in this all-star season? She is younger than 60 isn't she and she didn't appear to have two left feet .

So Tristan had his chance to shine if I'm not mistaken???

No. Poor Tristan was paired up with Pamela Anderson, who didnt have time to practice and was the first one eliminated. Sabrina's partner this season was Louis Van Amstel.

Below are the stars and their partners from this All-Star season:

Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff

Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas

Drew Lachey & Anna Trebunskaya

Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke

Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd

Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower

Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson

Kelly Monaco & Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani

Pamela Anderson & Tristan MacManus

Sabrina Bryan & Louis Van Amstel

Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough

Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 PM

Ahhhh.....I see. Thanks for the correction. I knew it was too good to be true that Tristan had a decent partner. I get some of the pros mixed up sometimes...especially Louis and Tristan and someone else. So Tristan does need his chance to shine!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM

I like both Louis and Tristan but how could you confuse them? Louis is the only gay pro (according to Mark). Tristan is as cute as his accent.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM

There is a big difference as you've pointed out....I guess because they are both somewhat new in my eyes compared to some of the other pros and I haven't quite spent enough time differentiating them. Especially when they keep getting paired with partners that get them sent home quickly As you said....the two left-footed partners LOL! It's hard to get to know them as well when they dont get much time each season.

I'm going to be watching with a keen eye next season! Thanks for the insight!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM

I think Louis has been on the show since the beginning. He's taken off for a few seasons here and there but had a great blog about the show the last time he was off. He has a very delicate style that I like but I think his being openly gay limits some of his interaction with his dancing partners. That's not an anti-gay remark, just an honest observation. Most of the other pros consider him an awesome teacher.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times
Louis & Kelly Osbourne were fun to watch he really turned her 180º she actually seems to act like a lady now instead of a spoil rock star's kid. I didn't like her at first but she really grew the season she was on.

Louis head bugs me some times it's a little big but maybe he appears to have no neck??? Love his dancing though he's old school ballroom IMO.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM

I agree about Kelly Osborne, Jaxson. She really grew on me too. In fact, I had hoped she's be on the All Stars season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV