Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,580,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
So Melissa never co-hosted an actual DWTS show (which runs from Sept thru Nov), right?
From what I can tell, she filled in doing promos from Jan 2010 to March 2010 in between Samantha quitting and Brooke being hired. She was in the running for the co-host spot, but the powers that be chose Brooke instead. So, no, I can't find where she ever hosted a season. Seems like Samantha went until the end of 2009 (Donny Osmond's win) and Brooke took over for the Spring season in 2010 (Nicole Sherzinger's sp? win).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,580,366 times
Loved the two hours, loved the eliminated ones dancing, loved it all and ESPECIALLY the winners! I loved when Tom said, in announcing the winners, "And the winner now has a trophy, too!" I didn't see Kelly flip off the judges, but I DVR'd it and will go back and watch in slow motion.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,984,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
No one had to watch the entire two hour show. The first hour was pure entertainment. I loved seeing Drew's daughter dance and I also enjoyed the Back to the Future dancing.

I liked it that all the performances were was done by the pros/stars from this season and I was excited to see them dance with abandon tonight. There were no performances by has-been/up-and-coming singers (thank goodness). Dance Central was great, as usual. I think two hours was just right.
Yeah, I admit that I did not watch the entire two hour show. I tuned in to something else during the second hour and just keyed back during commercials. I saw the highlights. I'm probably just in a mood. I'm tiring of all the glitz and drums and everyone being so terribly great at what they're doing. It feels too much as though they're all pushing it a bit too much.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,410,091 times
Great finale I think the results were right-on. Although Derek and Shawn were awesome, they did have a huge advantage what with Derek's choreography talent and Shawn's physical abilities. And although they did go rogue with the rules, I enjoyed every dance. Melissa and Tony put in the work, followed the rules, improved every week, and came out on top. The brilliant smiles on those two about burned through my flat-screen though

Like TFW noted above, I'm also glad we did not have to see a bunch of AMA rejects singing hip-hop throughout the show. The dancing entertainment was much more relevant to the DWTS concept.

I loved it how the other pros were so happy for Tony! Maks and Val hoisted him up and carried him around in triumph, I don't know who was more excited, Tony or the pros!

I liked the All-Star season, but I'm ready to see some new faces for next season. I hope they go back to the original format.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:17 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,142,968 times
I'm very happy Tony & Melissa won the mirror ball. They both deserved it. I thought the finale was great also.

Can't wait to get back to the regular season with the new stars.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
I am SOOOO happy that Melissa and Tony won. "Now they have one too..." just perfect. Loved how the crowd erupted into cheers for Tony and Melissa when Tom first announced them at the begining of the show. Melissa looked a bit embarassed after Kelly got nary a peep.

Derek definitely cost Shawn her 2nd win IMO. Too bad but I'm happy about that for Melissa and Tony.

I loved seeing Gilles and Peta's Bollywood again. Even Bristol and Pamela looked like they were enjoying dancing last night. Did anyone catch what Tom said after Pamela's dance? Something about a cover charge? Brooke looked a little embarassed after he said it. It musta been good. I didn't like the dance. Too....Pamela.

Was Drew's daughter precious or what? I loved how she ran to Daddy's leg when Anna complimented her on a move in practice!

Loved seeing the "Fab 5" (?) both nights. One of them is from a suburb out of Boston. Love how their "15 mins" is not over yet.

Kenny: They did it.
Jerry: They did it.

LMAO with that!!!!

What a fabulous two hours that was. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,935 times
I'm very happy to see that Melissa won....especially after all, she's never won before....so I thought it was fair. Sad to see this season go so quickly....now what do I with myself on Monday nights until next spring? LOL! I will find something I'm sure.

The instant dances were not all that impressive, but the rest of last night's two-hour episode...very entertaining!!! To be honest, I would've loved to see Sabrina there in the final three instead of Kelly. Just my opinion! Sabrina's dancing was great last night!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,542,409 times
@tami, re: Pam's 'dance' Tom said something about there usually being a 2-drink minimum to see a dance like that. Really, the only thing missing was a pole.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM

126,299 posts, read 19,080,774 times
I am so delighted that Toni and Melissa won!.Unfortunately I dozed off and on...

Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
@tami, re: Pam's 'dance' Tom said something about there usually being a 2-drink minimum to see a dance like that. Really, the only thing missing was a pole.
Ah, ty, fuzz. Pamela is so...tacky IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV