Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,573,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wouldnt Melissa be an awesome DWTS co-host????????????
That is a brilliant idea! Really, it would be such an improvement--even though I don't want her to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Melissa or Dawn, Dawn or Melissa, Dawn or Kelly, Kelly or Melissa, no, Kelly, Dawn, nah, probably Melissa. Wait, Melissa, Dawn Kelly, decisions decisions decisions...

There must've been a lot of phone voters this evening, We had about 15 minutes of busy signals before we could get through. That's never happened before.
It's Shawn!!! Wow, you had me confused for a minute there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,607,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wouldnt Melissa be an awesome DWTS co-host????????????
Melissa WAS the host for one season in between Samantha Harris and Brooke Burke. I think it was 2010, but I'm not sure. Off to Google it...

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,548,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Melissa WAS the host for one season in between Samantha Harris and Brooke Burke. I think it was 2010, but I'm not sure. Off to Google it...

Gosh, I dont recall that. I thought Brooke took over right after Samantha left. I remember Drew Lachey's filling in as co-host for a few shows at some time, but I dont remember Melissa's ever co-hosting even one show.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,607,817 times
What I found was that she and Tom Bergeron announced the contestants for DWTS 2010 in January on GMA, and she did promos and fill-ins from January 2010 until March 2010 when Brooke Burke was named co-host instead of Melissa (who was vying for the job).

Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 AM

So Melissa never co-hosted an actual DWTS show (which runs from Sept thru Nov), right?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,287,627 times
I thought Derek was very selfish in insisting they do the same dance knowing they judges would take away points. Why not do that as their freestyle? I think Shawn was just going along to not rock the boat.

I've never encountered so many "busy circuts" when calling either, nit. I gave all ten of my votes to Melissa. (two phones)

Did anyone see Kelly give the judges the finger after revealing their scores? Her hand was just off screen but I'm pretty sure she flipped 'em the bird because that was an instantaneous reaction from her and we all know how classy and level headed she is. She then gave them a fist again.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,082,178 times
I voted by computer and phone. It was harder to get through with phone votes this time. All votes went to Tony and Melissa. I would like to see Melissa win since she hasn't won yet but she also deserves to win based on her dancing. I would like to see Tony win because like others have said he has certainly paid his dues when it comes to former partners! I also would like to see them both win because of their attitudes during this whole thing. No complaining, always smiling and so supportive of the other dancers.

I agree about Derek. I don't understand his attitude. He seems to forget it is not about him. I think Shawn really wanted to change their first dance. She did question his decision at one point but then seemed to back down.

Did anyone see Kelly give the judges the finger after revealing their scores? Her hand was just off screen but I'm pretty sure she flipped 'em the bird because that was an instantaneous reaction from her and we all know how classy and level headed she is. She then gave them a fist again.

I didn't see this because I didn't bother to watch them getting their scores but it wouldn't surprise me. I noticed when the judges gave them comments after their dances while they were complimentary they didn't make a big deal out of it like they did with Shawn and Melissa. Don't think the judges want them to win either.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,287,627 times
Don't forget, tonight's finale is on at 9, est tonight!

Goooo, Melissa and Tony!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM

And it's another two-hour show -- 8:00 CST to 10:00!!

Good luck to Melissa and Tony, indeed! I hope Kelly and Val are the first ones eliminated and then Shawn and Derek.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM

126,440 posts, read 19,205,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Don't forget, tonight's finale is on at 9, est tonight!

Goooo, Melissa and Tony!
I am too for Melissa and Tony ...Tony is such a likable fellow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV