Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times

Advertisements

I cant believe that Derek and Shawn chose to break the rules AGAIN and even discussed it on TV. I guess it's a good thing they both agree scores arent as important as audience enjoyment. Their dance wasnt even very entertaining because it was a re-play of the same dance as before...even down to the costumes.

And I thought Bruno's score was way too high. Len was right to deduct 1/2 point for each break-hold and each lift.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-26-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,231,014 times
Well this was a spectacular finale we enjoyed it quite a lot actually!

My picks:

Melissa & Tony
Shawn & Derek
Kelly & Val

Shawn & Derek are my fav couple ever I think but Tony really got to shine this year with a decent partner. Melissa really has improved through this season the most IMHO.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,453,869 times
I enjoyed the show and getting see the great dances again, loved Shawn and Dereks dance! But I'm pulling for Melissa because I want Tony to win.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,734,946 times
Tony and Melissa I have a feeling will be the winners..............I hope.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Tony and Melissa I have a feeling will be the winners..............I hope.

I hope so too. and not just because I like Tony and have enjoyed seeing him SO happy this season. I think he and Melissa deserve the win.

I've always liked Derek. I've posted, many times over the years, what a genius I think he is. But this season he seems as though he thinks he's too good for the show now. His deliberately breaking the rules -- and even flaunting his breaking of the rules -- is a real turnoff for me.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,231,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I cant believe that Derek and Shawn chose to break the rules AGAIN and even discussed it on TV. I guess it's a good thing they both agree scores arent as important as audience enjoyment. Their dance wasnt even very entertaining because it was a re-play of the same dance as before...even down to the costumes.

And I thought Bruno's score was way too high. Len was right to deduct 1/2 point for each break-hold and each lift.
I thought they were pretty arrogant talking about not caring if they break rules before they performed too. What did Len score them? I really thought the way the judges were talking about all the rules broken they would get a much lower score from them than they did really.

Isn't it funny how all of us (well most all of us don't want to step on anybody's toes) want Tony to win???? He so deserves it after all the older stars he's had and the ones with no skill sets really.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I thought they were pretty arrogant talking about not caring if they break rules before they performed too. What did Len score them? I really thought the way the judges were talking about all the rules broken they would get a much lower score from them than they did really.

Len gave them 28.5 -- 1/2 point off each for the break-hold and the two lifts. Bruno commented on the lifts and the break-hold but then gave them 29.5...much too high a score. I wonder if Derek and Shawn will still agree that breaking the rules was more important than winning -- if the points off, and giving up a perfect 30, means they're eliminated tomorrow night.

I was also surprised that Derek didnt come up with a new routine for them. They were the only ones who danced the same routine as before and wore the same costumes. It was as though Derek thinks they're such a cinch to win that they didnt really have to do a new dance.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,431,872 times
#TeamMelissa all the way again tonight, although Shawn and Kelly were dazzling as well. I enjoyed the touch of grace provided by the U.S. women's gymnastics team during the show.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,282,871 times
I agree that blatantly breaking the rules was a little arrogant, but I have to admit that Shawn gives me tingles with the way she dances and the complexity of her movements and sheer athleticism and flawlessness. I truly believe Derek has actually had to step up a little to keep up with HER.

I do love Melissa, though - she has a gracefulness about her and she really just seems like a nice person, as does Tony.

I like Kelly. I know a lot of you have seen her as pouty or whatever, but I haven't seen that. I think she's not a particularly warm person, maybe somewhat reserved, but I think she has danced very, very well, improving each week. Her relationship with Val? I don't know what that's all about but it was a little weird. I have actually gotten the impression that the last two or three weeks she has been trying to tone it down a little but that maybe Val didn't get the memo.

I've also loved that Kelly's television mom (Nancy Graham/Alexis) has been in the audience each week, along with some other random cast members from General Hospital.

It will be between Melissa and Shawn. I can't help but feel that Shawn has a bit of an edge talent/ability wise but if Melissa wins, I will be fine with that - she and Tony both deserve it.

(I can't believe that I've already watched it and it is just now playing here on the west coast. All this time, if I had known I didn't have to wait to watch it on-line until the following day, and I could have actually voted!!! Oh, well.....next season!)

Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM

44,695 posts, read 61,856,330 times
Melissa or Dawn, Dawn or Melissa, Dawn or Kelly, Kelly or Melissa, no, Kelly, Dawn, nah, probably Melissa. Wait, Melissa, Dawn Kelly, decisions decisions decisions...

There must've been a lot of phone voters this evening, We had about 15 minutes of busy signals before we could get through. That's never happened before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV