Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,611,858 times

Advertisements

I was surprised that Bree confessed to Orson about the stolen belongings. I wanted her to say that she stole them from their house so Orson would know how his victims felt. She could've said she was going to return it all after Orson "learned his lesson". But since he filed the police report, he was the one in hot water, not her. I wished the writers would've written the script that way.

I'm most interested in next season's story about Carlos' niece.

I think Mike married Katherine. The throughout next season we'll see Mike & Susan realizing they should re-marry. Katherine will realize this and attempt to hold on to Mike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 05:06 PM

563 posts, read 1,026,664 times
I thought Tom's reasoning for going to school made a lot of sense. (marketplace and China) I AM SICK OF LYNNETTE. She is ALWAYS so controlling of Tom and way to MANIPULATIVE. If I felt the need to do that with a man, well....yuck! That's not my idea of a happy life, to be decietful with your loved ones.
I thought it was funny that her plan backfired (getting him drunk). Anyway, she does this kind of sh-- all the time with her husband and kids. And I hope her son DOES go to Europe - heck yes, he should live his own life.
Regarding the pregnancy - SERIOUSLY, can they say birth control - the permanent kind. Either one of them could have had that done since they knew more kids wasn't what they wanted. Actually, just because they are a married couple doesn't make it any more responsible than teenage pregnancy because it was unplanned and unwanted. They are more irresponsible - old enough to know better. Sorry, this is sounding like a rant. Can you tell I don't like Lynnette? I suppose if she miscarries that would be "acceptable". Personally, this is the storyline I am most disappointed in.

Last edited by whatnow; 05-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,838,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I think Mike married Katherine. The throughout next season we'll see Mike & Susan realizing they should re-marry. Katherine will realize this and attempt to hold on to Mike.
Oh, goodness, I sure hope that won't be the plot. That would be SOOOOOOOOOO BORING.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,461,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I thought Tom's reasoning for going to school made a lot of sense. (marketplace and China) I AM SICK OF LYNNETTE. She is ALWAYS so controlling of Tom and way to MANIPULATIVE. If I felt the need to do that with a man, well....yuck! That's not my idea of a happy life, to be decietful with your loved ones.
I thought it was funny that her plan backfired (getting him drunk). Anyway, she does this kind of sh-- all the time with her husband and kids. And I hope her son DOES go to Europe - heck yes, he should live his own life.
Regarding the pregnancy - SERIOUSLY, can they say birth control - the permanent kind. Either one of them could have had that done since they knew more kids wasn't what they wanted. Actually, just because they are a married couple doesn't make it any more responsible than teenage pregnancy because it was unplanned and unwanted. They are more irresponsible - old enough to know better. Sorry, this is sounding like a rant. Can you tell I don't like Lynnette? I suppose if she miscarries that would be "acceptable". Personally, this is the storyline I am most disappointed in.
This is an interesting - for me - take, since I have an opposite view of Lynette - she's an un-drying well of support for Tom. He wants to open a pizza restaurant - not only she supports him, but works her a$$ there, too - forgoing the less "greasy" and more lucrative office career. He was OK with having kids after kids - she was making them, until she said, "enough". He wants to go to school in his late 40s - she supports him (even though not right away, but after realizing that learning Mandarin (Chinese ) would be his career booster). His school, by the way, would mean her financially supporting 3 or 4 college students, the little girl, and the household.

I agree with the "unplanned" pregnancy thing - being as sophisticated as they are, they could know a thing or two about prevention (their sons are big enough to have the birds and bees talk and the prevention talk).

They needed to add some babies to the show, I think - the older kids will disappear from the show (where is Susan's grown daugher, btw? Where are Bree's kids?). Babies always brighten and cute-fy a show. I think Lynette will go through with the pregnancy. (And, maybe they are jumping on the trend of older moms, too).

Old 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,697,827 times
They want us to think it was mike and susan. But it was probably mike and katherine. Which i must agree...is a boring story line.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,264,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
Your post exactly reflects my thoughts. How stupid are this middle age people not using birth control. Maybe Lynette was sound asleep when the the conception took place. LOL. Remember how tired she was from the job. Going back to school as an adult is not childish. As a matter of fact, a lot of unemployed people in this country are doing the same thing. Learning Mandarin was an excellent idea on Tom's part.

BTW - President Obama just named a member of Republican Party to be ambassador to China. One of the reasons was the candidate was fluent in the Chinese language.

Last edited by tigerlily; 05-18-2009 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM

266 posts, read 867,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
When I saw Bree walk into her lawyers office with her hair down I knew she was going to end up having an affair with him. I feel bad for her husband....I kinda liked him. He was trying to be a good husband. I hope Mike ends up with Katherine. Susan needs to back off and leave them alone. I haven't gotten sick of the show yet but I like Brothers and Sisters better.
mike and katherine ...gag me :-p. there is just something off about katherine. As far as susan is concerned her and mike divorced because of the trauma of the accident not because they didnt love each other anymore.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,463,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
mike and katherine ...gag me :-p. there is just something off about katherine. As far as susan is concerned her and mike divorced because of the trauma of the accident not because they didnt love each other anymore.
My daughter thinks it was Mike and Susan, I think it was Mike and Katherine. I think Mike is going to marry Katherine and all next year struggle to deal with his feelings for Susan.

Who knows.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,270,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
My daughter thinks it was Mike and Susan, I think it was Mike and Katherine. I think Mike is going to marry Katherine and all next year struggle to deal with his feelings for Susan.

Who knows.
When love interests marry, it tends to kill the show. Ill go with M&K not M&S. I agree with you, I think that would make the show a little more spicy. It needs something, im about to turn it off in favor of reading until Breaking Bad is on later. Dave needs to escape, and kidnap Mike, Orson needs to go psycho, or at least more diobolical.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM

563 posts, read 1,026,664 times
Katherine or Susan? I am guessing the writers don't even know. I vote for niether! Since people are always coming out of the woodwork and moving to Wisteria Lane, how about a third choice? Someone from Mike's past to add more spice to his character. I think both Katherine and Susan are boring choices for Mike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV