Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,743,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
My example of how NOT to end a season was this past season of Downton Abbey. Killing off one of my favorite characters does not motivate me to look forward to the next season........
If you've followed the story from the beginning, where the most obvious hero, Ned Stark, was beheaded in season 1, you'd know that the story doesn't follow typical formula.

Although I couldn't believe it at the time (who kills a main hero right off the bat anyway?), Ned Stark's death was actually one of the most important & necessary plot twists that moved the story to the way it's heading now. Without it, there would be little reason for the house of Stark to partake in this war and the Stark children would not be scattered all over the place trying to survive on their own. I'd say that's brilliant and gutsy writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 AM

7,393 posts, read 12,714,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
If you are looking for a humorous but still pretty accurate recap of all the episodes, look no further! I've been turning to these every Sunday afternoon, to refresh myself on details before Sunday evening.

Funny GoT Recap Season 3 Pictures, Videos, News and Tweets on Happy Place
I spent waaay too much time last night just sitting there, laughing at the "Facebook" shenanigans of Tyrion and the gang. Funniest thing I've seen in weeks! Maybe months! Thanks!!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,558,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
If you've followed the story from the beginning, where the most obvious hero, Ned Stark, was beheaded in season 1, you'd know that the story doesn't follow typical formula.

Although I couldn't believe it at the time (who kills a main hero right off the bat anyway?), Ned Stark's death was actually one of the most important & necessary plot twists that moved the story to the way it's heading now. Without it, there would be little reason for the house of Stark to partake in this war and the Stark children would not be scattered all over the place trying to survive on their own. I'd say that's brilliant and gutsy writing.
Your correct. And as an example, I don't think anyone could be feeling warm and fuzzy about the way book 5 ended.......

Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM

45,562 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Quite honestly I'm not looking forward to the next two weeks, well maybe a little to Joffrey's wedding. Such a handsome groom, such a nubile bride.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,733,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Quite honestly I'm not looking forward to the next two weeks, well maybe a little to Joffrey's wedding. Such a handsome groom, such a nubile bride.
Yes a nubile bride, indeed, that has certainly been around the block a few times.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:48 PM

17,648 posts, read 22,693,432 times
Dany is really increasing her Troop count...& will have many more freed slaves......Yiiiipppppppeeeeee

Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM

45,562 posts, read 60,834,968 times
Don't get too excited. She becomes the Quizno's of liberators. Bad advice and worse follow through.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Don't get too excited. She becomes the Quizno's of liberators. Bad advice and worse follow through.
I smell betrayal.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,714,439 times
And always lurking (and here I'm totally guessing about vol.6) is the suspicion that she may have inherited some bad genes from the Mad King... Perish the thought!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 PM

Wasn't there a comment by Cersie that the Gods have fun rolling the dice with
the Targerians to see who will turn out to be nuts later on. Was Dany's father
nuts all his life or did he slowly descend into madness ?

Her brother was definitely a nut case or a complete imbecile from the get go.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV