Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,354,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
If you think you do not like "Cat" now, if they follow the book, you will not like what she becomes........
agree with you tmozer. Didn't want to spoil it for the folks but she sure has some anger issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,592,049 times
Too many future spoilers on this thread, can't bear to look anymore...

Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM

380 posts, read 377,804 times
I'm glad they are diverging from the book. Especially Dae's story. Hopefully her situation will be sped up some. I pretty much scan her part because its so boring.

Also wondered how the two red priests would interact with each other which the show, er, showed us.

Some good things have been added while other bad things from the book have been dropped.

I feel the same way about the 'Walking Dead'. Its interesting to see characters that died in the cb stay alive while some that stayed alive died. Plus the new characters. Still think Shane should have lived to help Rick with the Gov, but I guess its just not a road that will be taken by the main authors.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,033 posts, read 6,578,332 times
The HBO "Sneak Peeks" are kind of worthless. But I do like the "Inside" the episode short shows.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 AM

7,414 posts, read 12,779,908 times
One of the things I like about the TV series is the subtlety in direction (which has gotten better since Season 1). Just a little lifting of the eyebrow, or a sideways glance, and you know there's going to be trouble!

But I'm also fascinated by the many "degrees of evil." Some characters are just slightly bad, some are very bad, and others are just chillingly monstrous! So who do you think should get the prize for being the most evil character so far? Theon is nasty, but nothing compared to his mysterious tormentor (whom some of know the identity of. Hint, hint, deliberately within the show, no spoiler, just putting two and two together: Does the contraption that Theon is attached to remind you of a certain banner?).

And the Hound? Not nearly as evil as his evil brother, the Mountain, who killed Targaryan women and children...Personally, I think it's a toss-up between Tywin Lannister and Petyr Bayliss. Tywin is soft-spoken and cool; he doesn't chop limbs off people, but he hatches the most ruthless schemes with his own children as pawns, for the sake of the family name. But perhaps Petyr is a tad worse, because he doesn't even have some abstract cause, he's just in it for himself. Bad boy Joffrey is of course evil, but not as evil as someone with self-control who can plan ahead and wait for the best moment to do the maximum damage. I started out thinking that Varis, the Spider, was going to be one of the ultimate evil characters, but now I'm not so sure...

Great story showcasing strong women--but not necessarily good women! Of course there are also good souls, men and women, but even here there are degrees of goodness.

I really don't care one hoot about the "fantasy" aspect. For me it's all about the character of the characters!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:16 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,392,457 times
I noticed in the last episode when Sansa was speaking with her intended groom he was describing the dress she would wear. He said it would have French sleeves. That caught my attention right away, like a shock. Are these people in the real world, or is French sleeve just a way to explain some part of dressmaking? Puzzled....

Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 PM

7,414 posts, read 12,779,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I noticed in the last episode when Sansa was speaking with her intended groom he was describing the dress she would wear. He said it would have French sleeves. That caught my attention right away, like a shock. Are these people in the real world, or is French sleeve just a way to explain some part of dressmaking? Puzzled....
Of course he should have said Dornish sleeves! I guess the main point was that Loras is extremely well-informed about fashion styles...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:51 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,740,565 times
Missed tonights episode. Did the Dragon Queen do anything new ?

Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,740,565 times
I noticed that the bear in the credits of the last episode was called "Bart the Bear."
I thought he died squite a few years ago......... or maybe it was his trainer ?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:01 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,300,044 times
I hope they kill off Greyjoy soon, or do something with that storyline, I'm tired of seeing the torture scenes.

The only scenes I really like now are Danerys (of course) and Jaime and Bren's (sp?), everything else is a distant third, with torture-boy, dead last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV