Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM

7,401 posts, read 12,732,809 times

Advertisements

It's amazing how fast we can catch up when we want to! I watched all of Season 1 in three days. Then I was hooked...

Let's be realistic: Nicolaj (Jaime) is on the way to becoming the new Viggo Mortensen (good jaw, Danish genes, cleans up nicely)...they're not going to let him rot at the Bolton stronghold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM

380 posts, read 377,486 times
Did Jaime do the right thing when confronted with the mad king? According to the old fogies with Dany, he should have let the king blow up the city. I think Jaime should have placed the king in protected 'custody' after killing the pyromancer. Jaime could have used the excuse that his oath includes protecting the king from self inflicted harm.

Not sure what would have happened after that. Not sure Jaime could have prevented his father from ordering the royal line to be ended, but he could have transferred his oath to Aegon. Having to put the king on trial might have sundered the kingdom earlier than it did. Then again a regency might have been set up with Tywin or Robert in charge with the ex-king locked away in the dungeon.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:13 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,707,398 times
Should have taken the crown for himself

Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,565,268 times
Even though Jaime is a self centered "sexest pig" by any standard, the women still seem to love him. Go figure.......

Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM

380 posts, read 377,486 times
Bad boy (archetype) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its wiki so take it with grain of salt.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:46 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,596,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Even though Jaime is a self centered "sexest pig" by any standard, the women still seem to love him. Go figure.......
Yep, you gotta love a bad boy! But they aren't the ones we bring home to mama, are they?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,565,268 times
Just watched S3E6. IMHO each episode has become more divergent from the books. For example, I do not remember any of the scene and interaction between Melisandre and Arya Stark (one of my favorite characters) in the book.

I would be interested in seeing what other differences readers and viewers have observed. The way this is going, I think the HBO writers will be creating an ending to the saga without Martin's influence.......

Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times
I agree about the series being divergent from the books. Some things I noticed too:
Jon and Ygritte did not climb the wall in the book.
Loras was not gay.
Sansa was going to marry Willas.
I don't remember Joffrey shooting a naked woman full of arrows.
Bran and Rickon went in separate directions after leaving Winterfell but on the show they are traveling together.
And who was the young man Melissandre took away?
I hope HBO doesn't change things too much. The Red Wedding is coming up and to me that was the most pivotal moment in the third book.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,459,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I agree about the series being divergent from the books. Some things I noticed too:
Jon and Ygritte did not climb the wall in the book.
Loras was not gay.
Sansa was going to marry Willas.
I don't remember Joffrey shooting a naked woman full of arrows.
Bran and Rickon went in separate directions after leaving Winterfell but on the show they are traveling together.
And who was the young man Melissandre took away?
I hope HBO doesn't change things too much. The Red Wedding is coming up and to me that was the most pivotal moment in the third book.
Loras was gay in the books. A "sword swallower" as his grandmother put it.
The woman Joffrey shot full of arrows looked like Ros. That was not in the book at all. Eeew.
The young man Millisandre took away was Gendry, Robert's bastard son.
They are spending a lot more time on miserable Theon at this point than they did in the book.
I am so not looking forward to the Red Wedding.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,707,398 times
Loras was gay in the book and pretty sure bran and rickon were together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV