Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,694,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I am wondering if we will ever know the outcome of all the things book 5 left up-in-the-air. I wonder if George R. R. Martin or I will live long enough to see the end of the series (unless someone else finishes it).

Doubt it because he just signed on to do Skin Trade with avatar comics. So he basically has to write an entire comic book each month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,719,274 times
That sucks because I read the wiki on Dany and I want to know what happens in the end. Maybe the HBO writers will make up something??? Ugh.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

thank you

Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,555,683 times
I keep kicking myself everytime I start reading a series, either without realizing it is the first of many, or a series that is incomplete. For example Clan of the Cavebear. I guess that series will never be completed either......

Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,731,882 times
[quote=Hawk J;29287740]Khaleesi...
Khaleesi - Game of Thrones Wiki

Just curious, Hawk. I saw Khaleesi's army marching out of the Slave King's city. Not wanting
a spoiler can you say where she is on the map and which direction she will be taking to
encounter her first battle? I know she crossed the Narrow Sea, but in the beginning show
credits I don't even see the Narrow Sea on the map - so I can't tell excatly where she is in
relation to King's Landing.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM

45,542 posts, read 60,783,308 times
[quote=Pawporri;29291855]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Khaleesi...
Khaleesi - Game of Thrones Wiki

Just curious, Hawk. I saw Khaleesi's army marching out of the Slave King's city. Not wanting
a spoiler can you say where she is on the map and which direction she will be taking to
encounter her first battle? I know she crossed the Narrow Sea, but in the beginning show
credits I don't even see the Narrow Sea on the map - so I can't tell excatly where she is in
relation to King's Landing.
Spoiler

She is anti-slavery. If it follows the book(s) she will start to conquer the slave city-states on Essos. She does this to gather an army to take to Westeros. The problem is that she expands too fast and can't control some variables. She also has a fair share of double crossing happen to her.

Because the books kind of bounce around I don't remember if it's in A Storm of Swords or one of the next two. A Dance of Dragons is almost entirely set on the Eastern Continent.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM

7,389 posts, read 12,705,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I don't own season 1, and can't remember the first few episodes. If it's already aired long ago it can't possibly be a spoiler. So, who in season 1 did Ned SAY was Jon's mother?

Because, I've always thought (after having read all 4 books and watched seasons 1 & 2) that I don't think that Martin has ever TRULY revealed yet who Jon's parents REALLY were.
I just found out how to hide a spoiler! So here goes: The name Ned mentions to Robert when he asks who Jon's mother is, is...

Spoiler
"Willa!"

Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,762,271 times
Does it say anything about who his mother was? Social station or family ties? Was she a prostitute (hard to imagine Eddard visiting one) or was she a girl of social standing?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,694,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
Does it say anything about who his mother was? Social station or family ties? Was she a prostitute (hard to imagine Eddard visiting one) or was she a girl of social standing?

Spoiler

Martin has stated the he does already know who Jon Snow's mother is and she will eventually be revealed.[5] He has told some of the cast members secrets about their characters which have not been revealed in his novels yet however he has only revealed things which their characters would logically know already. Kit Harington has said that Martin therefore did not tell him who Jon Snow's mother is because his character does not know.
Harington says he prefers not to think too much about the various theories of his character's parentage as Jon Snow has come to accept that he will never learn the truth about his mother's identity.[6]

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Wylla

Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,555,683 times
How many episodes are there to season 3? I have my Roku set up to receive HBO-GO here in SC and only have this Sunday and next left to watch. I want to determine if I should take this Roku to NJ with me on 5/12.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV