Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 AM

651 posts, read 705,136 times

Advertisements

I tried to watch SOG and some of the other crap out there that deludes itself as a gun show. I kept throwing up in my mouth a little bit and found it was the show that was making me sick. LOL

Its staged and seems to be targeting the 7-19 yo idiot market or the beer swigging idiot who thinks he or she knows a lot about guns because they can **** a hammer, but when you talk sectional density they go huuuhhhhh?

This show SOG is about as intelligent as buying one of the over priced POS guns they sell. Really, strip down an AR call it a Katana like no one has ever thought of it then charge 2k for it and thats before the SH crap. Then do a show where you put motorcycle handle bars on a M1919? Im out. Tried a couple of shows and kept getting sick.

When I want to watch a gun show I want it done like Marlin Perkins wild kingdom not Honey boo boo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
Cool story brah

Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Well, let's see....I collect guns - have more'n one safe to store 'em in, and currently have TWO guns on order from RJF because I saw 'em on their show. Overpriced? Well, tell me who else builds an internally-suppressed AK in 5.56 with a side folder....lemme know when you find one, will you?

And one of their .45's....built on a STI frame, then slide by RJF, hand-fitted, trigger by RJF as well. I've held one in my hands - and frankly, I own enough .45's that I can tell a quality build when I see one....ordered it. Is the show hokey? Oh, without a doubt - but THAT is created by the show producers, NOT the hands at RJF. Having met 'em, they're as down-to-earth folks as one would care to meet, and actually went out of their way to ensure that they were building both guns the way *I* wanted 'em.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
Don't watch it. ALL those goofy shows are geared toward the brain dead.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
You're right, to a large extent - but a lot of times, there ARE interesting tidbits to be picked up. Sure beats watching "dual survivor", "honey boo-boo" and "storage wars"!!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:44 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
I knew about Red Jacket's work before the show started. I was excited to watch it but the owner just seems so full of himself. I respect his work, but couldn't watch more than 3 episodes
TexasRedneck congrats on your new toys!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 AM

Not only is the show dumb ass, but they are starting to get a bad reputation. Over priced stuff and not delivering or taking care of customers.
Red Jacket Firearms - 17 Complaints 40 Reviews @ ComplaintsList.com

Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM

For those who don't want to link

• Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #2
    Red Jacket Firearms – ZK22 no ship?

On: February 11, 2013 By: Wagonbacker9@gmail.comStill have not received the stock I purchased on April 22nd, and was promised before...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #3
    Red Jacket’s ZK-22 Stock

On: February 8, 2013 By: Don
    Customer Loss = $256.00
    I preordered the ZK-22 stock on April 25th 2012. I received confirmation of my $256.00...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #4
    Red Jacket Firearms – never recieved zk-22 now fighting just to get my money

On: February 6, 2013 By: ronaldI ordered the zk-22 in on April 21 2012 from Red Jacket Firearms. I still...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #5
    Red Jacket Firearms – ZK-22 Never seen

On: February 4, 2013 By: ZK-22 Rip off
    Customer Loss = $256.00
    Ordered a ZK-22 Stock in April. This was the second day it was out (April...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #6
    Red Jacket Firearms “If you can dream it, we can take your money and not deliver”.

On: February 4, 2013 By: anonymous
    Customer Loss = $1,800.00
    A year an a half ago I ordered a saiga-12 conversion from Red Jacket. I...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #7
    Red Jacket Firearms – Absolute Fraud

On: January 31, 2013 By: robert2155
    Customer Loss = $2,800.00
    Two year ago I ordered a suppressed AK-47 from Red Jacket and actually spoke with...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #8
    Red Jacket Firearms – No ZX-22 after nine months

On: January 20, 2013 By: Big B
    Customer Loss = $250.00
    Ordered one of these 9 months ago from Red Jacket Firearms. Assumed I would get...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #9
    Red Jacket Firearms Needs to Be Fired At with Lawsuits

On: January 17, 2013 By: Ethan Derr
    Customer Loss = $2,440.00
    On March 3, 2012 I placed an order online for (2) AK 47′s through Red...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #10
    Red jacket rip off

On: January 15, 2013 By: KIM MCCORMACK
    Customer Loss = $265.00
    Tuesday, 26 june 2012 17:57 i purchased a zk-22 rifle stock from redjacket..Com . At...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #11
    Red Jacket Firearms – 10/22 Bullpup ripoff?

On: January 8, 2013 By: Rippedoff?
    Customer Loss = $256.00
    The 10/22 bullpup order from September 2012 #2925 has not arrived. No updates, no answers...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #12
    Red Jacket Fire Arms, delivers weapons of far less quality than the ones they demonstrated on tv and up to and longer than 18 months after they have had all my money!

On: January 8, 2013 By: Wayne stowers
    Customer Loss = $4,200.00
    I watched their tv show regularly, being a gun collector I decided to order a...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #13
    Red Jacket Firearms – RJF are Liars

On: December 19, 2012 By: hereford
    Customer Loss = $4,704.00
    I ordered two rifles online and put down a deposit on my CC on April...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #14
    Red Jacket Firearms – Not What I Ordered

On: November 13, 2012 By: FelipeOn 4-3-12 ordered model # ZK-MR-SP in 7.62X39 from Red Jacket Firearms and asked whether...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #15
    Red Jacket Firearms – In late 2009 I decided I wanted a converted Saiga-12

On: June 11, 2012 By: Phantom50
    Customer Loss = $1,200.00
    I considered converting it myself, but never found the time. In 2010 I spent most...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #16
    Red Jacket Firearms – Please think twice before doing business with this company

On: January 15, 2012 By: SteveMany months ago I sent my new, never fired Saiga 12 shotgun to Red Jacket...
    Continue Reading →
  • Red Jacket Firearms Consumer Complaint #17
    Red Jacket Firearms Mr. William Hayden, Stephanie Hayden, Christine

On: January 1, 2012 By: creole318
    Customer Loss = $950.81
    I drive tractor-trailers in cross country. My residence state of Louisiana. I was recently transferred...

Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 AM

Well Tex I know you must feel special because you have met them but some also feel special because they met Honey Boo boo. You need to separate yourself from the celebrity association blinders.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 AM

Default SOG gets into trouble with ATF and Loses FFL

"The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned. The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business. Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem. We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF. But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company. It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show. William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees. Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment. TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business."

copied from TMZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV