Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 09:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,529,088 times

Advertisements

I was away from the computer all last week and just learned, from this forum, that Wynonna was sent home. I agree with those who said she deserved to go but I also think it's unfair that she gets $250,000+ for performing so poorly. Same for DL. Maybe they dont have natural rhythm but it doesnt look like either of them has even tried to do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,567,520 times
I think whoever had the bright idea to have DL dancing up on that raised stage should be booted from the show. He practiced in a big room with walls(!), then he had to dance on that little, tiny stage. It was probably like trying to dance on a balance beam to him, no matter how much room he had to spare.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,329,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I saw a little feature on Vanderpump and she's quite admirable a woman. She is an entrapature. They toured her house, with the usual extravagance, but she has made it all herself. She finds and sponsers businessed and has started a number of her own. Dancing is far afield for her, but I do admire her drive and willingness to go up and face challenges. I do wish she'd let the dog run around more though.
Just adding something here. I was told her little dog was born with brittle bone disease, and could easily break his legs. This actually makes her caring for this little dog a quite awesome thing. Most people wouldn't bother and this raises her up considerably in my view. I think most people who cart little dogs around in little cages are doing a disservice to them, but in this case its saving the dogs life and from injury. Cudos to her.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,107,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Just adding something here. I was told her little dog was born with brittle bone disease, and could easily break his legs. This actually makes her caring for this little dog a quite awesome thing. Most people wouldn't bother and this raises her up considerably in my view. I think most people who cart little dogs around in little cages are doing a disservice to them, but in this case its saving the dogs life and from injury. Cudos to her.
The poor little guy has alopecia too.....so in his case.....the clothing is needed.

Everything You Need to Know About Giggy the Pom - Yahoo! TV
Quote:
The tiny pup has allergies and a condition called alopecia, a form of pattern baldness that causes him to lose his fur. Lisa told People, "He's got chronic alopecia so that's why he wears clothes. Am I the kind of woman that's going to dress her dog up every day if I didn't have to? Probably not. My other dogs don't wear clothes, but Giggy has to. It's a necessity."
Quote:
While he has a passion for fashion, one accessory Giggy snubs is the dreaded pet carrier. Lisa told Petside, "Giggy is never carried in a pet tote. He doesn't like it and prefers to be carried. Other than the house and the grounds, he never walks on the ground in public. If we put him in a bag, he will bark … just as he does when we go out and leave him at home with the other dogs. He prefers human company; he prefers to be with us, and we love taking him everywhere."

Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,602,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I was away from the computer all last week and just learned, from this forum, that Wynonna was sent home. I agree with those who said she deserved to go but I also think it's unfair that she gets $250,000+ for performing so poorly. Same for DL. Maybe they dont have natural rhythm but it doesnt look like either of them has even tried to do better.
He hasn't made $245,000 yet. Here's an article about the salary the "stars" make.

How Much Do DWTS Contestants Earn on the Dance Floor?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,239,663 times
Well on GMA this morning they said Lisa fainted at practice this week from the stress & physical workout. She is OK now they said made me think of Marie Osmond at least Lisa wasn't on camera.

Tony is their new correspondent since being voted off last week.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,021,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The poor little guy has alopecia too.....so in his case.....the clothing is needed.

Everything You Need to Know About Giggy the Pom - Yahoo! TV
I'm sorry. I watched this woman's (Lisa) demeanor on the first show. She appears to me to be a charlatan. I would not trust her as far as I could throw her and I would not take her word for anything because she just impresses me as a user who is out for number one alone.

I would not take her word on the dog unless a vet confirmed it, frankly. Sorry if I am wrong, but I've seen 'men of God' being such phonies and taking advantage and I don't think she's any better than they.

There are business people who are up front - what you see is what you get - and then there are the other sort. I feel she is one of those.

I guess I'm too easily lead by first impressions. It's hard to forget her 'transformation' after that initial bs didn't fly.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,686,565 times
So where is everyone tonight? They've already shown the clip of Lisa fainting several times, even as the lead in for the show, totally overboard, I think. She wasn't in the line when they were introduced, Tom said she is resting, a little too much hype for me these last few seasons.

Not a fan of the dances so far, o.k. but not outstanding. I am warming up to this season a little more now (I think)!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,178,532 times
Sean & Peta should have gotten higher scores imo!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,686,565 times
He's ok but kind of rigid. I thought the scores were fair as his solo portion wasn't great. Andy did well, best dance for him so far, I was surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV