Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,213,337 times

Advertisements

PICKLES for the WIN

PICKLE POWER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,529,088 times
My heart is just broken about Andy's going home last night. I've watched DWTS every season and I cant recall ever being so enchanted by a competitor.

I've never cared for Aly but, after the way she and Mark selected Andy in the dance-off, I really hope she doesnt make it into the Final 3.

I've gone back and forth about Jacoby, but his goofy faces and his angry face last night have made me hope that he doesnt make it into the Final 3 either. I've been wondering whether the producers have been encouraging his mother to act the way she has -- and I agree with Jaxson that it looked like she was wearing a microphone last night.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,415,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
... Jacoby ... and his angry face last night ...
I know! He was totally pouting like a spoiled child Sheesh!

I am really going to miss Andy. This is one of the things I like about DWTS. It can totally change my perception about a celebrity once I get to see them in action.
Well, except for that Sean doofus. I was less than excited when I heard he was going to be on, and that opinion has not changed at all.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:42 AM

313 posts, read 402,818 times
I enjoyed all the pro dancers last night. I usually do, so not a surprise. Seeing Tristan again was nice. He's such a sweetie!

Quote:
My heart is just broken about Andy's going home last night. I've watched DWTS every season and I cant recall ever being so enchanted by a competitor.
Me too. I felt so bad. Andy really grew, and in his own way he was quite charming.

I understand though, someone's gotta go. Agree w/ your predictions, Jaxson.

Jacoby's mom explains a lot about how he's so childish and immature. I started out liking him but he and his overbearing mom are getting on my nerves!

I'll be really bummed if Zendaya wins and not Kelly. I have not warmed up to the 16-yr old at all.

Quote:
I've never cared for Aly but, after the way she and Mark selected Andy in the dance-off, I really hope she doesnt make it into the Final 3.
Same here. I don't see how she gets these high scores - same as Kelly and Derek, really!?

Plus the unsporting approach in selecting Andy was just so uncool. I don't think much about Mark as a person, he's never struck me as having much class. he proved it again the other day.

IMO too Ingo and Sean are at about the same skill level, but Ingo will go first since he doesn't have a special coming up. I'd like Aly to go before them though.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,239,663 times
I've been thinking about Mark & Ali's dance since they were chosen to do it again last night. How is being on your knees shaking your body and crawling on all fours dancing? Let alone ballroom dancing? This season has gotten so weird with allowing them to do interruptive & contemporary dance in a ballroom competition.

Zendaya, IMO, hasn't had the time to develop social skills it has always been about getting the audition, getting the lead, winning at all costs I'm sure. So she can't relate to anybody let alone adults. She is not going to come across all warm & cuddly~ in her business she has had to develop a thick skin. She can't relate to the sensual movements that many ballroom dances need because she hasn’t experienced them yet. Just another reason why ABC needs to quit putting under 20 yos on this show. I’m sure Ali is in the same boat since she has been in training her whole life to win as well.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,686,565 times
I really want Sean to be gone. I know Andy couldn't last forever but thought Sean could go, or Ingo, too before Andy, a true good story. The guy is turning his life around, Sean is so affected. There isn't anything about him that seems sincere or genuine.

This show is nowhere near as good as it was the first several seasons. Now that there is a glut of "reality" TV and they feel they have to compete, it has totally changed. I watch it but feel the outcome is controlled, I don't think for one minute it is totally fan/audience driven.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,329,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I really want Sean to be gone. I know Andy couldn't last forever but thought Sean could go, or Ingo, too before Andy, a true good story. The guy is turning his life around, Sean is so affected. There isn't anything about him that seems sincere or genuine.

This show is nowhere near as good as it was the first several seasons. Now that there is a glut of "reality" TV and they feel they have to compete, it has totally changed. I watch it but feel the outcome is controlled, I don't think for one minute it is totally fan/audience driven.
I really really hope this 'immunity' is a one time thing. I think of stupid reality shows and when they bring that into something I do watch, I tend to bail. And why give immunity to someone who isn't going anyway? Stupid stupid stupid.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 PM

23,033 posts, read 34,467,498 times
Quote:

I've gone back and forth about Jacoby, but his goofy faces and his angry face last night have made me hope that he doesnt make it into the Final 3 either. I've been wondering whether the producers have been encouraging his mother to act the way she has -- and I agree with Jaxson that it looked like she was wearing a microphone last night.
Completely agree

Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,239,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I really really hope this 'immunity' is a one time thing. I think of stupid reality shows and when they bring that into something I do watch, I tend to bail. And why give immunity to someone who isn't going anyway? Stupid stupid stupid.
Exactly why give it to the leaders? They should have made it a random draw of who got immunity even let Jacoby or Ingo's son do the drawing.

This could very well be my last DWTS if they keep the same concept as this years.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,213,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Exactly why give it to the leaders? They should have made it a random draw of who got immunity even let Jacoby or Ingo's son do the drawing.

This could very well be my last DWTS if they keep the same concept as this years.
Naw, you cant leave us Jax.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV