Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,239,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I didn't get to watch the whole show last night so I'm trying to catch up. I don't want Zendaya to go home, I'm the only one that likes her, I guess. She is 16, not much life experience, and I don't buy all the "dance experience" either. She has very long limbs, which makes her appear awkward at times but I credit her for doing something totally out of character.

I get very tired of Derek and his clowning, trying to steal the spotlight, grow up Derek. I like Kellie and I feel like they are setting up a Zendaya/Kellie finale, and not sure who the 3rd person will be.

Jacoby Jones and all the facial expressions, faces he makes bug me, too. I guess because I've watched all seasons, I'm getting tired of certain things. It is almost like they tell them to exaggerate certain personality traits. Show seems more phony the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I'm unhappy tonight, I definitely wanted someone else to go home, bummer.
He needed to go home his dancing wasn't improving. Was he a nice guy? Yes what we saw of him. Was he admirable because he raised his siblings at such a young age? Of course. None of that was being judged his dancing abilities were he wasn't cutting the mustard sadly. I liked him too but less personable stars we are all over getting them gone when they aren't improving aren't we? So he can't have a pass just because he is nice on a dancing competition.

Andy isn't a dancer either but he is the Kirstie Alley of his season the entertainment dancer that the viewers like even though they know he won't win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,415,935 times
Anybody know what happened with the Macy's stars of dance segment tonight? It started out fine, with the cool running graphics, and then it all just broke. They finished the dance on the plain wood dance floor.

Or was it supposed to be like that?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,602,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I don't want Zendaya to go home, I'm the only one that likes her, I guess. She is 16, not much life experience, and I don't buy all the "dance experience" either. She has very long limbs, which makes her appear awkward at times but I credit her for doing something totally out of character.
Zendaya is the Disney plant this season. She has a show on Disney, is a singer, hip-hop dancer and has been in show business for years. She's been taking dance lessons since she was a toddler. Like Kyle Massey and Chelsea Kane, among others, ABC tries to have a Disney dancer each season.

This is why she's an unfair competitor...a ringer...as the Andys, Victors, Seans, and others have had NO dance experience. Those are the ones I love to see succeed, as that's what the show is all about; taking non-dancers, pairing them with pro-dancers, and seeing them improve from week to week. It's not about taking an experienced dancer, and pitting her against those who've never hear the work Samba before. Below is Zenday's Wikipedia biography...she has extensive theater, film, television and dance experience.

Zendaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Marcy1210; 04-24-2013 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 AM

977 posts, read 1,112,976 times
I haven't seen the results show yet, as I watch on Hulu and there's a 24 hr delay......but several comments resonated with me. I like Derek and think he's a fabulous dancer/choreographer, I really enjoy watching him dance, but do wish he'd stop mugging for the camera so much. Of course, Mark is about the same. Maybe it's just their personalities??? I like watching Zendaya dance. I guess because i don't have a strong favorite yet this season I'm not worried about her prior experience and just enjoy seeing her performance. Besides, she's just a kid, so I guess I cut her some slack for some of her comments. She's trying to fit in with the grown-ups.
This season I've really enjoyed the contemporary dances, too, and the jazz style. I love to watch the beautiful movement and the expressiveness.
I feel bad for Victor. He seems like such a nice guy.....but I'd guess he'll be going home soon. Andy, too, is likeable but just doen't dance well. I can't say I like watching him. Sean really seems to be trying hard, as does Ingo. I hope they can last a while longer. I often don't agree with the rest of America on the winners, though....but this season I'm still hoping Kellie will win.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,107,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Anybody know what happened with the Macy's stars of dance segment tonight? It started out fine, with the cool running graphics, and then it all just broke. They finished the dance on the plain wood dance floor.

Or was it supposed to be like that?
I don't know, but I wasn't impressed with any of the so-called professional "talent" on the show last night.....a real snooze fest, IMO.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,529,088 times
I agree about the Macy's Stars of Dance and other performances last night. After Tom had raved about the precision, I found it to be anything but precise. And Will.i.am really was a snooze-fest.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 AM

I think viewer/voter support for Andy is growing. I agree that he's this season's Kirstie Alley, in that he's not a good dancer but people appreciate his efforts and his sweetness. But, with Kirstie, we never knew how many people were voting for her and how many were just voting for Maks. With Andy, it's obvious that people are voting for him and not his partner Sharna.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 AM

44,705 posts, read 61,900,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree about the Macy's Stars of Dance and other performances last night. After Tom had raved about the precision, I found it to be anything but precise. And Will.i.am really was a snooze-fest.
Agree, our family thought so too. Never heard of Will I Am and hope not to again, so lame.

Victor admitted he had no dancing legs but enjoyed the experience.

Onward to next week, will it be Andy, Sean, or Ingle?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Agree, our family thought so too. Never heard of Will I Am and hope not to again, so lame.
Victor admitted he had no dancing legs but enjoyed the experience.
Onward to next week, will it be Andy, Sean, or Ingle?

Victor was so very gracious last night. Most stars are nice when they're sent home, but he seemed much more genuine in his feelings than a lot of them.

Sean and Ingo are almost interchangeable (for me, anyway). Give Sean brown hair and a haircut and I might not be able to tell the difference. It doesnt matter to me which one goes home next week, as long as the other one goes home the following week.

But I'd be very surprised if Andy doesnt make it to the final 4. What a fan base he must have -- and deservedly so. I cant believe I'm rooting for him after all these years of disliking him so much. I'm very thankful that DWTS gave me the opportunity to see him "clean".

Old 04-24-2013, 10:09 AM

884 posts, read 1,064,037 times
Last night's results didn't shock me! He was on my bottom three list....however it was sad to see him go so gracefully and respectfully. I might be outnumbered here.....I really find Jacoby and Andy both VERY entertaining to watch dance! They are the reasons I turn the TV on to DWTS on Monday nights now! I love them both....despite they are both a little social awkward on TV (however this is a dancing contest I have to remind myself).

Once again, bored with Ingo,Ally, Sean. Wouldn't care if either of them went home next week. My bottom three choices for next week Ally, Ingo, Sean. I don't really look forward to watching any of them dance nor to hear their lame, boring comments. No excitement from any of them.

Zendaya, Jacoby, Kellie, and Andy bring excitement to the show and they all seem to really have dancing skill or dancing improvement over the weeks....hope they all remain safe next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV