Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,414,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The biggest surprise, for me anyway, this season is Andy. I disliked him very much because of all his bad behavior years ago. I never expected to be drawn in by his gentleness and sensitivity -- but he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I hope he goes far in the competition. I was glad to see that he wasnt in the bottom two last week or this week. That may mean that other viewers are starting to appreciate the "new, improved" Andy too.
Right there wit'cha about Andy. When I first heard he was going to be on I was like 'oh no - not that ahole', and hoping they'd get rid of him right away. Now, I'm rooting for him. He has definitely redeemed himself in my eyes.

LOL@ Team Pickler-Dick. Did you guys see Kelly go over and hug him right away to let everyone know she was cool with the joke? She's a sweet lady.

I think DL was relieved to get out of there. Props to him for working hard. Dancing just ain't his thang I guess.

Jacoby moves beautifully, but his goofy antics are bugging me too. Maybe it's a defense mechanism from childhood - I dunno. But time to let it go.

Zendaya is a ringer. Doesn't seem fair. And yeah, Val - get off your high horse, it's annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,015,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I'm betting that he was the Class clown in HighSchool and that has never changed.

But Damn he can dance
I know nothing about the guy, but I think you're right. I think he's a big guy, which could intimidate some people and, and this is just his way of broadcasting that he's a nice guy. He doesn't have to do that with adults who have more experience in the world than the kids he dealt with when he started that habit. I think he's unsure of how to deal with the 'public' without a persona. The thing is, he seems very smart and likable - and talented. He should learn how to be secure within himself. He should know that he's likable just as he is. Yes, he certainly can jive!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,015,574 times
Quote:
That's what I've thought too. But, again, that was high school and this is the real world. Surely someone (his mother maybe) should tell him that behavior is all right for friends and in private settings but not (at least, not continuously) for TV.

And you're right: Damn, can he dance. I'd like to see him win.

Kellie is wonderful and I like her a lot, but she's always been a front runner and I prefer the star who works his way up and improves from week to week.

And, as someone else said, dont even get me started on Zandaya. She's had years of dance lessons -- yes, I know it was hip-hop but she's still been working on the basics and body movements for a long time. And I hate how Val has taken it for granted that she'll win.

The biggest surprise, for me anyway, this season is Andy. I disliked him very much because of all his bad behavior years ago. I never expected to be drawn in by his gentleness and sensitivity -- but he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I hope he goes far in the competition. I was glad to see that he wasnt in the bottom two last week or this week. That may mean that other viewers are starting to appreciate the "new, improved" Andy too.
I am ignorant of many stars, but yes, I was routing for Andy, too. He is so vulnerable and not fearful of exposing that side of himself. He reminds me a bit of Woody Allen that way. I hope he does well in the rest of his life. His daughter is so lovely and seems like a nice person.

There is something that happens to some show biz kids when that is all they do and when they get a lot of praise. I think the business is hard on kids that way and they, for sometimes all their lives, are hard to relate to by 'normal' people - their reactions don't really hit as being all that sincere.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,100,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I too enjoyed the intro group dance on Monday night that was choreographed by Lacey Schwimmer. So much better than the couple walked down the stairway.

OK, Jacoby is a good dancer but does he have to act the clown and make that big wide-eyed goofy face?
Maybe Mark Ballas is his favorite pro!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,231,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Maybe Mark Ballas is his favorite pro!
Now that is funny right there.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,176,951 times
Quote:
That's what I've thought too. But, again, that was high school and this is the real world. Surely someone (his mother maybe) should tell him that behavior is all right for friends and in private settings but not (at least, not continuously) for TV.

And you're right: Damn, can he dance. I'd like to see him win.

Kellie is wonderful and I like her a lot, but she's always been a front runner and I prefer the star who works his way up and improves from week to week.

And, as someone else said, dont even get me started on Zandaya. She's had years of dance lessons -- yes, I know it was hip-hop but she's still been working on the basics and body movements for a long time. And I hate how Val has taken it for granted that she'll win.

Me too! Amazing how being sober can change a person's aggressive demeaning personality to a big teddy bear! I am LMAO reading the tweets on twitter "Love A.Dick" "A.Dick is the biggest surprise on DWTS" "Obviously once a dick always a dick not necessarily true #goAndy #DWTS
Hope I didn't offend anyone, just thought they were funnny tweets!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,176,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I know nothing about the guy, but I think you're right. I think he's a big guy, which could intimidate some people and, and this is just his way of broadcasting that he's a nice guy. He doesn't have to do that with adults who have more experience in the world than the kids he dealt with when he started that habit. I think he's unsure of how to deal with the 'public' without a persona. The thing is, he seems very smart and likable - and talented. He should learn how to be secure within himself. He should know that he's likable just as he is. Yes, he certainly can jive!
Talented guy Jacoby is! Unfortunately fans have said he isn't all that kind when he was just an athlete celebrity. I think someone at DWTS has told him to be more down to earth and approachable for the votes!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 AM

884 posts, read 1,063,852 times
I'm sort of rooting for Andy Dick and Jacoby now for top two. I know this may not happen, but I like them both. Don't care for the rest too much, and I don't want to sound mean but that Zendaya girl always seem to just expect to be safe all the time, I can't til the day they announce her in Jeopardy and go home. It would shock her!! I just don't think it's fair that she win with her dancing background in hip hop and they've incorporated all of these contemporary, jazzy dances in this season that it is easy for someone with contemporary (hip hop) dancing background to have mastered many of these skills already. Just my opinion....send her home. Make it fair to the true competitors.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Me too! Amazing how being sober can change a person's aggressive demeaning personality to a big teddy bear! I am LMAO reading the tweets on twitter "Love A.Dick" "A.Dick is the biggest surprise on DWTS" "Obviously once a dick always a dick not necessarily true #goAndy #DWTS
Hope I didn't offend anyone, just thought they were funnny tweets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I'm sort of rooting for Andy Dick and Jacoby now for top two. I know this may not happen, but I like them both. Don't care for the rest too much, and I don't want to sound mean but that Zendaya girl always seem to just expect to be safe all the time, I can't til the day they announce her in Jeopardy and go home. It would shock her!! I just don't think it's fair that she win with her dancing background in hip hop and they've incorporated all of these contemporary, jazzy dances in this season that it is easy for someone with contemporary (hip hop) dancing background to have mastered many of these skills already. Just my opinion....send her home. Make it fair to the true competitors.

I think the tweets are funny and I'm sure that Andy would, as well. And, although I think his winning is a long shot, I'm rooting for him too and I'd love to see him get into the Top 3. It's happened with less-talented dancers than he.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,597,781 times
I wasn't expecting Andy to be the teddy bear he is at all. But, what really got me was his dance for his daughter. The way he related that she was always dancing for him when she was little, and now it's his turn to dance for her really made me get a lump in my throat. And his daughter is so pretty! What a sweetheart! His love for her really got to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV