Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:05 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,038,032 times

Advertisements

So I stopped watching TAR a couple of years ago...so maybe 3 seasons or so...I don't know why. Well, one reason is I didn't want to see Brendan and Rachel and that sort of started it but there are a few other reasons. None of them make sense now because I love the premise of the show, Phil and the traveling around the world and everything that goes with it. I used to imagine me and my husband or maybe my brother trying out for it.

Anyway, I'm going to commit to watching it again. I'm sooooo happy to hear that there will be no returnees or previous reality show contestants on there. I'm remembering that one episode, years ago, of the girl who was trying to slingshot a watermelon and got a backfired melon to the face (back and to the left)...o.m.g. how many times did they show that? I laughed so hard I just couldn't help myself. Ah, the memories. Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,280,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
So I stopped watching TAR a couple of years ago...so maybe 3 seasons or so...I don't know why. Well, one reason is I didn't want to see Brendan and Rachel and that sort of started it but there are a few other reasons. None of them make sense now because I love the premise of the show, Phil and the traveling around the world and everything that goes with it. I used to imagine me and my husband or maybe my brother trying out for it.

Anyway, I'm going to commit to watching it again. I'm sooooo happy to hear that there will be no returnees or previous reality show contestants on there. I'm remembering that one episode, years ago, of the girl who was trying to slingshot a watermelon and got a backfired melon to the face (back and to the left)...o.m.g. how many times did they show that? I laughed so hard I just couldn't help myself. Ah, the memories. Good times.
LOL, Shell, I remember that one. Poor chickiee. Looking forward to your observations of TAR this season.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,736,515 times
I'm ready for the new season. I wonder how long they can keep it going for?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 PM

44,711 posts, read 61,926,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I'm ready for the new season. I wonder how long they can keep it going for?
^^^As long as the viewer numbers are up they will go on and on. And they seem to show good numbers on Sundays in the past.

ShellNic, are you planning to try out for AR like you did for which one, was it BB or Survivor?

Old 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,604,607 times
Phil, himself, is amazing. He just finished up Le Ride where he and a team re-created the 1928 Tour de France including using bikes like those used then. Between him, Gordon Ramsay and Joe Bastianich, there are some pretty athletic hosts out there. I get exhausted just reading about their accomplishments.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:39 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,844,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Phil, himself, is amazing. He just finished up Le Ride where he and a team re-created the 1928 Tour de France including using bikes like those used then. Between him, Gordon Ramsay and Joe Bastianich, there are some pretty athletic hosts out there. I get exhausted just reading about their accomplishments.

Amazing Race would not be the same without Phil

Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,297,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Woohoo! Can't wait.

Btw, if anyone has Amazon prime there are some free seasons on there now. Later ones so likely seen recently but if you missed a season or whatever! I'm rewatching the second chances one now.
Hulu Plus has every season up until last year as well. I did some binge watching this summer since last spring is the first time I've ever seen the show. I made it through the first six seasons this summer!

Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,844,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Hulu Plus has every season up until last year as well. I did some binge watching this summer since last spring is the first time I've ever seen the show. I made it through the first six seasons this summer!

aint it great??

Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,297,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
aint it great??
I can't watch an old season at the same time as a new one, though, or I get confused as to what happened in which season! lol So at the end of the month, I will have to stop watching the old seasons until Christmas.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:00 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,183,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Have they ever been to Mexico? I'd like to see that this year. Antarctica would be freaky but might be near impossible logistically for the show to handle.
Yes. My favorite season, Season 3, the first leg was in Mexico City, and the second in the Cancun area.

And while they didn't go to Antartica, they did go to Ushuaia, Argentina ... the southernmost city in the world, in Season 11 (All-Stars).

The last several years, the eliminated teams have been sent to Acapulco until the race is completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV