Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 08:51 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,674,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
Amazing Race's Travis and Nicole: Our Bad Moments Were Overblown - seattlepi.com

ER doctors said their bad moments were overblown and the result of editing.
I'm sure a lot of things that we think we know over the years are a result of editing. The most common one is, I suspect, displaying a close race to the mat (first or last place) when it isn't. But playing up only one certain aspect of a team when they aren't always like that is probably right up there.

Last edited by greg42; 12-13-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 08:59 AM

44,643 posts, read 61,669,787 times
Quote:
Amazing Race's Travis and Nicole: Our Bad Moments Were Overblown - seattlepi.com

Yep, edited to show their true colors.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
I understand about editing, but unless they allege that they edited it so words appears to come out of his mouth that he actually did not say, he still seems pretty much like a D-bag to me.

He seems to still treat her as one of his students at a medical school. Since that is how they met, I guess he never stpped treating her that way.

And I am sure their kids loved the show as they said. They have been brought up seeing the way he treats her each day and have probably been treated similarly, of course they think it is normal.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:39 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,493,391 times
I felt Travis was very demeaning to his wife Nicole and those were his words, his frustration, and his anger that we saw on tv.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,019,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Things like that and judges deciding when something is acceptable make me wonder a little bit.
More than just a little bit sometimes.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:30 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,168,201 times
I agree with all if you about Travis and Nicole. Travis emotionally abused his wife repeatedly, and the fact that was shown us no ones fault but his own. I'm sure the kids didn't see anything wrong with it because they have been raised watching him treat their mom like that.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times
I think both Travis and Nicole are in denial or just ignorant as to what emotional or verbal abuse is. As ER docs, I'm sure they've both seen their share of victims of domestic violence, so for Nicole to be unaware that she is being verbally or emotionally abused and that her husband is the abuser, is pretty scary. Like Dr. Phil says, you can't change what you don't acknowledge.

I'm curious though as to what their colleagues, neighbors, kids' teachers, and others thought when they saw Travis constantly berating Nicole. Or maybe it's something they're all aware of, and they just accept it?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
Quote:

What a bunch of bull.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:15 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post

He seems to still treat her as one of his students at a medical school. Since that is how they met, I guess he never stpped treating her that way.
After seeing so many stories of H.S. teachers being fired and charged for having affairs with their student this always makes me wonder. Of course they are/were adults.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
After seeing so many stories of H.S. teachers being fired and charged for having affairs with their student this always makes me wonder. Of course they are/were adults.
My guess is that she was a "student" of his ( basically under his supervision) for only a short time ( a month or two) for a particular rotation, and since she also entered the field of Emergency Medicine, they saw more of each other after she chose this field for her concentration..

i don't know if I'd call Travis' behavior as '"berating" , but I would certainly call it "condescending" and "demeaning"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV