Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Well, let's put it this way. They were apparently asked to do this next season of "All-Stars" ... and declined.
I bet that was HER decision and he had no say in it. I wouldn't do it again with him, not for a million bucks. It wouldn't surprise me if the show causes them to get divorced. Probably the first time he ever showed his true colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
He seemed worse than some of the hotheads of past because he was so calm with his withering criticism.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,153,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I bet that was HER decision and he had no say in it. I wouldn't do it again with him, not for a million bucks. It wouldn't surprise me if the show causes them to get divorced. Probably the first time he ever showed his true colors.
I have to correct myself. I thought it was Tim & Marie being discussed when I said that. That's who declined.

Nicole & Travis ... I doubt they'd ask them back. They weren't much "fun" to watch.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,168,201 times
It definitely was not fun watching Travis emotionally abuse his wife on national television. I really hope that when he watched the episodes that he was ashamed of himself. Maybe he should have done some of the roadblocks and picked up the slack.

I agree that it was the lesser of the evils that won.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
What was so evil about Jason and Amy? They did not abuse each other verbally, they did not screw another team, they did not cheat. At least for themselves. I have to admit I was tired of Amy pulling Nicole through through most of the tasks, sometimes to their detriment but there's nothing "evil" about that.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:50 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,274,334 times
The only thing I didn't like about Amy and Jason was their (mostly Amy's) constant need to help the ER docs. You're in the final 4! Why are you helping anyone?? Otherwise I liked them and of the 4 teams left, they're the only ones I wanted to win.

I did not find Pinky to be NEAR as bad the last 2 or 3 episodes. The only thing that always helped me get through her confessionals is that I tend to like more muscular girls and bare arms and that girl is built! Sadly her personality made her way too ugly but if I could just mute her, I wouldn't mind being around her at all!

I couldn't stand the ER docs at the end. I had no problem with them until about an episode ago when he started majorly emotionally abusing his wife. At the very end when Phil asked them what they think there kids would think while watching them on tv, I wanted to say "How mean their dad is? How he made their mom cry a lot?" She apologized over being so bad at the flour drop and he couldn't be supportive. Even just a simple "It's ok, we still can do this!" No, she said she was just frustrated and was sorry and he just said "I know" and then moved on. I was really, really wanting to see him majorly fail at a challenge, maybe second guess her at the totem pole puzzle and be wrong. Didn't happen, though.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I have to correct myself. I thought it was Tim & Marie being discussed when I said that. That's who declined.

Nicole & Travis ... I doubt they'd ask them back. They weren't much "fun" to watch.
Thanks for clearing that up. You are right . They were not much fun toward the end.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:36 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What was so evil about Jason and Amy? They did not abuse each other verbally, they did not screw another team, they did not cheat. At least for themselves. I have to admit I was tired of Amy pulling Nicole through through most of the tasks, sometimes to their detriment but there's nothing "evil" about that.
Jason and Amy weren't all that pleasant in several stretches of the race, esp during the first few episodes. They improved as the race went on, but Amy has bitchy tendencies, and Jason is a bit dour. Overall, they were OK, but not great..

I actually think that the Beards could have been the best racers of the entire lot. And whatever you thought of the Aphganimals, at least they had a great sense of humor, and interacted well with people all over the world..

Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,048 times
I'm glad Jason & Amy won - and while not my fav team this season (loved the beards!) they were a good pair and it seems to me that the keys to winning this race are:
1) Have a solid partner who is equally matched with you physically/mentally
2) Be clear communicators
3) Be patient
4) Take time to enjoy the journey
5) Be kind to the other racers - they might can help you at some point

The ER doctors and Pinky/No Brain did not have all those skills. The way Travis spoke to Nicole was appalling. I cannot believe that a woman who fought as hard as she did to become a doctor (no small feat mind you) would allow someone to speak to her like that. Does she have zero spine? I would tell him to kiss my butt six ways to Sunday.

I'm actually looking forward to next season. I wonder who the new teams will be? I saw a preview and they made it "appear" that Brandon/Rachel were coming back - ugh! I hope not! They also made it "appear" that it was the: Globetrotters, the Cowboys, Megan/Joey (the Youtubers), and Brandon/Rachel.

If anyone finds any leaks on the new cast post them up as spoilers I'd love to see it.

See you all in February!

Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,274,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Jason and Amy weren't all that pleasant in several stretches of the race, esp during the first few episodes. They improved as the race went on, but Amy has bitchy tendencies, and Jason is a bit dour. Overall, they were OK, but not great..

I actually think that the Beards could have been the best racers of the entire lot. And whatever you thought of the Aphganimals, at least they had a great sense of humor, and interacted well with people all over the world..
I agree about the Afghanimals. They got on my nerves at first and are way too outgoing and loud for me to actually hang out with in real life, but after 3 or 4 episodes, I didn't mind them. They did get along really well except for one time. And they really enjoyed the journey, treated all the locals with great respect, and were more excited than anyone about every place they went. Those are the types of teams I like to watch. I always remember way back to season 3 or 4 when Chip and Kelly won. They were on the Nile River in Egypt and while other teams were thinking about how to get ahead or arguing with each other, he just stood there and said "Look around you! We are on the Nile River! The Nile River! Can you believe that?" I love seeing people that just take the whole journey in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV