Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM

5,550 posts, read 7,145,648 times

Advertisements

I don't want to record this show as I always end up recoring 60 minutes as football runs late.

Is it on demand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,089,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Wow, TAR actually started on time! I had refused to set my DVR after several seasons of finding 60 Minutes recorded instead. No, CBS, I am not playing that.

I really want to like the Afghanimals. I called them hitting on the hockey girls about 1 millisecond after they introduced them. I thought it was funny (and perhaps misogynistic) that they referred to them as their brides. I think they're just having fun, though.

It was interesting how the clues were easily misinterpreted. It made sense that whoever did not paraglide would have to do the rowing, so having the other one do it made it easier to miss.
It didn't start on time on the East Coast. It started at 8:15pm EST here.

But, I'm just going to record The Good Wife this season as a precaution in case it runs late.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:35 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,030,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My townies came in 9th place so they better put some speed behind them. At least they weren't last. I wonder why, in the beginning, all the teams were introduced with their town they were from and Jason and Amy were "New England". That's a lotta territory! If it weren't for their bio, I'd never have known they were from here. I found that very strange. I noticed he was the only one who knew how to row a boat.
I think the Baseball wives were introduced as from the Mid-West.
Tom, I've never had any luck finding AR on demand, don't know why.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,009,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Amazing Race would not be the same without Phil
I agree. I hope he stays with the show.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ah, geez, a race card was already played in a commercial. Two American(?)/Ahfgan brothers saying they are as American s anybody. Couldn't you have just played, bros???
Well, there was a Muslim woman recently attacked in New York, and a Sikh man had his jaw broken because some idiot kids thought he was a Muslim and before that a nutcase pushed an Indian person onto the tracks of a New York subway saying she hated Muslims.

I think perhaps it's a good thing that these guys say they are Americans. I really disliked the warbling trilling that they were doing. I also dislike the women making those pathetic 'Whoooeee' cries. They just sound like mindless idiots to me when they do that. I know, I'm just showing my age.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
Well I'm just hopin that it starts on time since football always seems to finish late, making 60 mins finishing late and AR starting late.. I will bd DVR'ing it since its breaking bad night lol
Yup. Football is why I often watch the AR on my computer the following day.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,523,853 times
Wow, two people read the clues wrong on the very first episode.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,828,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Wow, two people read the clues wrong on the very first episode.

seemed to me that every team misunderstood the first task because those yelling,"I'll do it" thought they were going to paraglide, when they were actually going to be the tracker in the taxi.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,593,840 times
Good thing about the Mountain, Pacific and Hawai'ian time zones is football is over by 5:00 p.m, and we get our news, 60 minutes and TAR on time. Hawai'i gets morning football at 8:00 a.m., and afternoon at 11:00 a.m., then it's junk (or surfing and beach time) until news at 5:00 and TAR at 7:00 their time. Been there, done that. Had to watch the Broncos on an early game at 8:00 a.m.!!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,402,601 times
One thing about the TAR I like is seeing exotic places. I have never seen anyplace like that city in Chile. What an interesting looking place!
Who do you think the winners should give the express pass to? Maybe one of the weaker teams to give them a chance to win a prize or some money before they get eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV