Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 02:39 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times

Advertisements

Well I'm just hopin that it starts on time since football always seems to finish late, making 60 mins finishing late and AR starting late.. I will bd DVR'ing it since its breaking bad night lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 04:31 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Yea, looks like it could be a late start tonight.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM

-_- sigh figured as much lol..

Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
wow, the clues must have been worded in a tricky way for so many people to be so confused at both challenges.

Spoiler

Hope the ER docs are more careful with their patients than they were reading
clues.

Too bad daughter/dad won't get to experience more. I'm glad dad got to do the
paragliding.

The AfghanAmerican team,especially the shorter of the 2 is already on my very last nerve.

Loved each second of the episode. Wish it came on every night of the week!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:51 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
wow, the clues must have been worded in a tricky way for so many people to be so confused at both challenges.

Spoiler

Hope the ER docs are more careful with their patients than they were reading
clues.

Too bad daughter/dad won't get to experience more. I'm glad dad got to do the
paragliding.

The AfghanAmerican team,especially the shorter of the 2 is already on my very last nerve.

Loved each second of the episode. Wish it came on every night of the week!!!!!!
Oh yes, agree 100%. The first thing that came to my mind was "read the clue stupid". It seems each year some idiot doesn't follow the rules and get's tripped up.
Great 1st episode, loved it. The parasailing was exciting, felt like I was on one of them at times. Big screen TV ya know.
This is the best reality show on TV as far as I'm concerned

Old 09-29-2013, 11:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
I loved the energy from the Afghanimals,Leo is a hoot I also like the fun energy from the guys with Duck Dynasty beards (I hope long beards are not a new trend). I hope they step up their game.
I have to pull for the Bingo Queens since their from my home town. 4th place on first leg not to shabby.

I agree this is and has always been best show.
I agree they could add an extra day of the week and maybe even have the contestants go from one side of a country to another.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:38 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
I really enjoyed the episode. Were they on a movie set in LA for the start? That was a different beginning. I liked it. My favs are types I always like~~the guys from OK (loved the cowboys one year), the Duck Dynasty wannabes (loved Abba and James), and the football players (loved Big Easy and Flight Time~~Globetrotters and the Hockey Players who won last Spring). I didn't like the ER Docs~~they seemed kind of smug~~she was bragging about her Spanish when the Afghanimals also spoke Spanish. I don't usually like the "buff" couples, and this season is no different. I'm really looking forward to next week already!! Time flies in the fall, and between football, Survivor and TAR, next thing I know, it'll be Christmas...

Old 09-30-2013, 05:58 AM

LOL I agree every season it never fails at least ONE couple always misreads something and you always know cus AR always plays the funny noises in the back ground like a heads up to the audience lol

Old 09-30-2013, 07:50 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
My townies came in 9th place so they better put some speed behind them. At least they weren't last. I wonder why, in the beginning, all the teams were introduced with their town they were from and Jason and Amy were "New England". That's a lotta territory! If it weren't for their bio, I'd never have known they were from here. I found that very strange. I noticed he was the only one who knew how to row a boat.

Don't like the woman with the pink hair.

Didn't like the father with his idea of an "arranged" marriage for his daughter.

The Afghanimals got on my last nerve too, Pip.

Aww shucks, Love how amazed "good ole boys" are at the world outside of their town.

The boys with the beards would both be nice looking if it weren't for all that hair on their faces.

I sure hope those ER docs are more careful in their jobs.

Glad the show is back.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,393 times
Wow, TAR actually started on time! I had refused to set my DVR after several seasons of finding 60 Minutes recorded instead. No, CBS, I am not playing that.

I really want to like the Afghanimals. I called them hitting on the hockey girls about 1 millisecond after they introduced them. I thought it was funny (and perhaps misogynistic) that they referred to them as their brides. I think they're just having fun, though.

It was interesting how the clues were easily misinterpreted. It made sense that whoever did not paraglide would have to do the rowing, so having the other one do it made it easier to miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV