Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,584,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Yes. My favorite season, Season 3, the first leg was in Mexico City, and the second in the Cancun area.

And while they didn't go to Antartica, they did go to Ushuaia, Argentina ... the southernmost city in the world, in Season 11 (All-Stars).

The last several years, the eliminated teams have been sent to Acapulco until the race is completed.
I remember one season when the 1st eliminated team got to Acapulco and got to choose their bedroom in the house. They took the biggest one, of course. I don't remember ever seeing that happen since that they showed a team going to the safe house a la Ponderosa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,812,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I remember one season when the 1st eliminated team got to Acapulco and got to choose their bedroom in the house. They took the biggest one, of course. I don't remember ever seeing that happen since that they showed a team going to the safe house a la Ponderosa.

where are you guys getting this information?
I've never read anything about where the eliminated teams are sent.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
The first five teams eliminated were sequestered at a villa in Acapulco, Mexico to await the finale.

The Amazing Race 13 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM

9,787 posts, read 7,501,722 times
Kim DeJesus is supposed to be ridiculously hot. Hope her & Nicky Getz stick around for a while.

I'm thinking a final 3 of Jason & Amy, Tim & Marie and Chester & Ephraim with the ex-NFL players (Chester Pitts and Ephraim Salaam) winning.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Kim DeJesus is supposed to be ridiculously hot. Hope her & Nicky Getz stick around for a while.

I'm thinking a final 3 of Jason & Amy, Tim & Marie and Chester & Ephraim with the ex-NFL players (Chester Pitts and Ephraim Salaam) winning.

you are way ahead of the game!! LOL.............I don't typically know their names until it's down to F4. Unless they annoy me or stand out for other reasons.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

you are way ahead of the game!! LOL.............I don't typically know their names until it's down to F4. Unless they annoy me or stand out for other reasons.

The bios are on CBS.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The bios are on CBS.

yes but that's no way to determine how they are going to race, how they get along while racing under extreme conditions,etc...........

Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
yes but that's no way to determine how they are going to race, how they get along while racing under extreme conditions,etc...........

Ehh....I always make a prediction during the opening of the first show. I just decided to do it 3 weeks earlier this year and made a final 3 instead of just picking a winning team.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,584,342 times
Quote:

That's me!! I've gone in to it with a favorite (like their hometowns, their professions, a connection to my interests) only to have them eliminated by the third week. Now, I don't get into the teams unless they stand out (cancer survivor dad/son for example) in some way from the beginning. It also depends on how the teams are edited. Some of them never get much face time until several weeks into it, while the "dramatic" ones are in your face from week one.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:37 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,367,152 times
I usually never know their names until the end, either. I just refer to them as.....

The blonde chicks
Old guy and his son
Gay guys
Black couple
Two cops
etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV