Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 07:46 AM

4,349 posts, read 4,732,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Agreed

I like Jimmy Fallon, but I think the writing on The Tonight Show has declined dramatically since the beginning when they were trying hard to make the show successful. JImmy is very talented, but I dont' think he is a good interviewer and the material lately, is not that good. It will be interesting to see what happens when Steve Colbert takes over David Letterman's slot. I really don't care for either Jay Leno's or Jimmy Fallon's house band. I miss when The NBC Orchestra with Doc Severinsen would be allowed to do a complete musical number, not just for the studio audience during a commericial break. Sometimes, Doc or Tommy Newsom did a complete solo with the orchestra accompanying them. I guess there was more time to feature the house musicians when the show was 90 minutes.
Doc sat in with The Roots Monday night. He looks great for 87 years young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Surely you jest.

Carson was a grown-up.
THANK YOU!!! Fallon is child like which is why I have not turned to the Tonight show after his first week replacing Leno. I just don't think a grown man should be that goofy which is the main reason why I can't watch him. Kimmel is not goofy or child like and I can watch that show a lot more than Jimmy Fallon.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:55 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
So for those of you that were great Jay Leno fans, will you continue to watch the Tonight Show with its new host Jimmy Fallon?
It's all relative because I was a great Johnny Carson fan and anyone who replaced him came in second best.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:38 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times
I didn't get a chance to see Carson only watched Leno and now can't watch one second of fallon.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:22 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,745,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I didn't get a chance to see Carson only watched Leno and now can't watch one second of fallon.
Carson was very good and so was Steve Allen, who started the show. On his best nights, Leno was as good or better than either - right up there with the best of them. On other nights - those where he was transparently kissing up to NBC's progressive left executives with fringe left political commentary, I turned off the TV.

I, too, can't watch one second of Fallon. I keep reading that "he's very talented". It's amazing what passes for talent these days.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:30 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,782,794 times
I LOVE Fallon. His musical talent and ability is amazing. He's fun and entertaining, not just having dry interviews. Superlatives, pros and cons, and THANK YOU notes are very good.

"Thank you, Oatmeal, for looking like I already ate you before I eat you."
"Thank you, pita bread, for being a great combination between wheat and envelopes."

Old 02-05-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Kimmel is not goofy or child like
Huh?

Kimmel and his cousin Sal.
Kimmel and Guillermo.
Kimmel asking parents to film their kids after telling them they ate their candy.

Silly is as silly does.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I LOVE Fallon. His musical talent and ability is amazing.

Did you see him with Neil Young? Amazing.

And I loved his reverence for the older comedians - Carl Reiner last night (93 years old!) and describing his dinner the night before with Don Rickels, Tim Conway and ? {I forget}

Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,852,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

And I loved his reverence for the older comedians - Carl Reiner last night (93 years old!) and describing his dinner the night before with Don Rickels, Tim Conway and ? {I forget}
I wouldn't actually call any of those late night guys "Amazing "

Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,782,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

Yeah, he is great.

The other 2 at the dinner were Bob Newhart and Harvey Korman.

He has a great sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV