Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:43 PM

579 posts, read 762,398 times

Advertisements

Question

- Is Ramsay watching tape before the elimination? How else would he know Nicole was dead weight? Or did he maybe see her ridiculous (laughing) response when she wasn't nominated? But I doubt Ramsey didn't already have his mind up

- The dinners have been a horrible joke so far. I almost think Ramsey is forcing emotion at this point. Why the frantic struggle to complete a dish? Take your time and do it right. You will be yelled at either way, but it's more embarrassing to attempt to pass on uncooked meat.

And who in their right mind would ever hire Nicole for a respectable restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Question

- Is Ramsay watching tape before the elimination? How else would he know Nicole was dead weight? Or did he maybe see her ridiculous (laughing) response when she wasn't nominated? But I doubt Ramsey didn't already have his mind up

- The dinners have been a horrible joke so far. I almost think Ramsey is forcing emotion at this point. Why the frantic struggle to complete a dish? Take your time and do it right. You will be yelled at either way, but it's more embarrassing to attempt to pass on uncooked meat.

And who in their right mind would ever hire Nicole for a respectable restaurant?
Sure he sees footage before they film the elimination. We have no idea how long it is between service and that segment.

Nicole seemed to me to be one of the seasonal plants. They are always eliminated quite early after they provide their drama.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:55 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Question

How many times have we seen chefs telling GR that they need more time on the dish, only to have him continue to throw a fit until they rush the dish over to him. Then he throws another fit when it isn't thoroughly cooked.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Not liking this cast of characters. I have a feeling I'll be struggling to watch this season. Also, I would think if you addition for this you would be able to cook 3 things properly: 1) Beef wellington 2) scallops and 3) risotto since those are the only 3 constants from season to season, yet I'm always baffled how they struggle on the 3 main most consistent items.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Not liking this cast of characters. I have a feeling I'll be struggling to watch this season. Also, I would think if you addition for this you would be able to cook 3 things properly: 1) Beef wellington 2) scallops and 3) risotto since those are the only 3 constants from season to season, yet I'm always baffled how they struggle on the 3 main most consistent items.
It really is the same thing over and over again. I wonder at times why I bother to keep watching it.. Other than to see GR go berzerk.

The editing doesn't allow you to fully see what happens, either. I bet it'd be real interesting to see just a flat out 3 or 4 hour dinner service without edits.

The worst part of the show, however, is twofold.. First off.. Splitting of episodes into two parts.. Second is that the "Next week on Hell's Kitchen".. they hype the blue hell out of some event and it's a massive letdown.

It appears from the previews of this weeks episode that there are actually fists thrown.. Interested to see how that plays out. It's probably edited so that the shot is actually of someone throwing something against the wall, but they want you to think a fight breaks out.

I concur that Masterchef is a much better program, but.. HK does dig its hooks in to you.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:55 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Oh, lord. Masterchef is awful, too. Check out the Australian version of Masterchef ... it's so much better. A much kinder, gentler version. The judges don't seem bent on making themselves feel superior by berating and insulting the contestants.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:16 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
What? No donkeys on here tonight??? Hello? Where did everyone go???

Anyway ... Glad GR got rid of who he did. (Don't want to spoil it for anyone who didn't watch!)

I gotta say ... that Anton guy is driving me nuts with that horrible gravely voice!!!

Ok, this cow is being put out to pasture. 'Night all!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:43 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
What? No donkeys on here tonight??? Hello? Where did everyone go???

Anyway ... Glad GR got rid of who he did. (Don't want to spoil it for anyone who didn't watch!)

I gotta say ... that Anton guy is driving me nuts with that horrible gravely voice!!!

Ok, this cow is being put out to pasture. 'Night all!
Oh no!!!! I missed it again! Dumb, dumb bovine.

Nite-nite, Twink.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Worse season.. Not one decent cook. What irks me - when they do the challenges, he praises some of their dishes - Yet they can't complete a service...

Same ole, same ole...

Old 03-28-2014, 07:46 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
I've been watching the show since it started but I think they went terrible casting with this season. I'm going to give it a little more time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV