Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 10:32 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,299,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I hope that they put a little more into the Ponderosa videos. Last year was pretty weak.
I agree. I usually love the ponderosa videos but I stopped watching after 2 or 3 last year because they were just boring compared to previous years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,560,401 times
I too wonder why Ponderosa was back burner-ed like it was. Almost as if they couldn't be bothered with it.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:42 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,606,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
MARCY--say it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so. I'm hoping with football premiering Sunday, they may come to a compromise by then. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, so I can get around the CBS boycott of Direcv, but I hate the thought of having to watch all my CBS faves the next day if it goes that long. However, if push comes to shove, I have an OTA antenna I could hook up to one of the two bedroom TV's that doesn't have a DVR box and isn't HD, and watch over the air, but it'll be better than not seeing the shows at all. I love the NCIS shows (all 3 now), Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Amazing Race, and football. I can't imagine the ad money they're be losing, and how much more they'll continue to lose if they don't give in to Directv. Our CBS is owned by Raycom. Don't know if it's Raycom or the local guys boycotting Directv.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
It's so. I'm hoping with football premiering Sunday, they may come to a compromise by then. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, so I can get around the CBS boycott of Direcv, but I hate the thought of having to watch all my CBS faves the next day if it goes that long. However, if push comes to shove, I have an OTA antenna I could hook up to one of the two bedroom TV's that doesn't have a DVR box and isn't HD, and watch over the air, but it'll be better than not seeing the shows at all. I love the NCIS shows (all 3 now), Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, Survivor, Amazing Race, and football. I can't imagine the ad money they're be losing, and how much more they'll continue to lose if they don't give in to Directv. Our CBS is owned by Raycom. Don't know if it's Raycom or the local guys boycotting Directv.
Maybe you'll have some luck? DirecTV here just reached a deal with NBC so it suddenly appeared back on in the middle of the football game last night. As you said, with football starting and CBS now airing national games on Thursday nights and with all the shows getting ready to come back with new episodes, I'd think the pressure is on to reach a deal as soon as possible.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Maybe you'll have some luck? DirecTV here just reached a deal with NBC so it suddenly appeared back on in the middle of the football game last night. As you said, with football starting and CBS now airing national games on Thursday nights and with all the shows getting ready to come back with new episodes, I'd think the pressure is on to reach a deal as soon as possible.
Glad you got NBC back even though the game was kind of a blow-out. As a die-hard Broncos fan, I feel Green Bay's pain.

I don't think our local CBS affiliate has much of a dog in this fight. Or maybe it does. I have no idea what the percentage of viewers are Directv over Comcast, Cox and Dish. It seems to me that advertisers will probably force them to accept Directv's deal because there's so much at stake. The revenue from football alone is substantial, but then add in most of the top 10 TV shows, and our local has to buckle. Ironically, their call letters are KOLD and they are indeed, being KOLD to Directv viewers!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Apparently, it's not just KOLD in Tucson....It's Raycom that's causing the problem:

Keeping You Connected to Your Local Stations « DIRECTV Promise

Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Glad you got NBC back even though the game was kind of a blow-out. As a die-hard Broncos fan, I feel Green Bay's pain.

I don't think our local CBS affiliate has much of a dog in this fight. Or maybe it does. I have no idea what the percentage of viewers are Directv over Comcast, Cox and Dish. It seems to me that advertisers will probably force them to accept Directv's deal because there's so much at stake. The revenue from football alone is substantial, but then add in most of the top 10 TV shows, and our local has to buckle. Ironically, their call letters are KOLD and they are indeed, being KOLD to Directv viewers!
We don't have DirecTV so it didn't matter to me. We have an antennae and get over-the-air signals. I was just trying to keep your hopes up that CBS would be back for you by the 24th!

Old 09-08-2014, 10:07 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,560,401 times
The only "over the air" signal I'd get would be called snow. I'd be SOL. Good thing they prioritized getting High Speed internet to rural areas. Anyone recall "dial-up" back in the old days..??

Excited for the new season....

Old 09-11-2014, 10:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,284,446 times
Hey, Shell, I saw on the preview that one guy said he's been sending in tapes for 10 years and finally made the cut! Don't give up on your BB aspirations.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:12 PM

810 posts, read 1,028,431 times
Pre-season accessments from Jeff!

Survivor - Host Jeff Probst Castaway Assessment for Survivor - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV