Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 05:15 PM

186 posts, read 194,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I probably overstated a bit...

I understand he has a history and not a favorable one regarding his thoughts and comments. I'm not condoning anything he said. I do, however, think that the fire some folks feel about him being on the show is too much. I liken it to Jimmy Johnson a few years back...I did NOT want to see him on Survivor. I did like him while he was coaching the Cowboys but I was just over him entirely. But in the context of the show, I put aside any prior knowledge of him, and just enjoyed his time there...and I actually did enjoy him. It's crazy but I think we have to see what we have in front of us...and trust me, I know there's a TON of editing and they're probably saving the juicy parts for later, but until then, I think we all need to relax a bit.

Also, I really did think he was joking, even if he hated losing. Oh, and I agree that probably the contestants, other than maybe one or two, knew who he is and all the notoriety that goes with him. People can be very harsh...maybe he deserves it, maybe he doesn't. I just haven't seen enough yet.

I'll probably end up changing my mind...

Sounds like you may have misstated things when you said you thought people were taking his comments WAY too seriously.

Ischyros, I can believe Rocker doesn't watch the show. He not only didn't know Val was lying when she said she had two idols, he still believed her during TC. When he went to vote the second time after the tie he said, "I told you to play one of your idols and you didn't. Now I'm gonna look like a liar to your husband." I was thinking "Are you playing us??? She HAS no idol!!" But if he doesn't watch, he wouldn't know that lying is a strategy. When done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 11:27 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,224,596 times
I am going to have to pull the show up "On Demand" Maybe I dozed off during TC. I only remember 1 vote????

Old 10-04-2014, 12:45 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,610,846 times
I honestly thought Rocker was kidding when he said he was beaten by a girl because he had a "cutsey" little boy petulant look on his face, so I knew he was kidding, and when Julie rolled her eyes, she knew he was being dramatic. I don't think he was serious.

I read/heard somewhere that Julie (Rocker's girlfriend) had applied to the show and when the producers decided on the BvW theme, remembered her and who her boyfriend was, so they worked on John to partner with Julie on the BvW Survivor. But, it was Julie who wanted to be the contestant...I have no idea if that's true, but if it is, would explain why he isn't savvy about the game, but she seems to be.

Before the Colorado Rockies became a team in 1993, I was a HUGE Mets fan, thanks to my Grandfather, and I went to many, many Mets home games between 1964 and 1972, as he had purchased season tickets in 1962 when they became a franchise. In fact, the Rockies first ever game was at Shea Stadium. I was very torn! So, I remember John Rocker and his comments very well, but that was 15 years ago, and people can change. I hope he has, and I hope he stays in the game a long time. If their tribe goes to Council again, I hope Baylor will go home next...and as someone who's a little long in the tooth, I'm rooting for the old guys! C'mon Dale and Keith!

Old 10-04-2014, 08:40 AM

186 posts, read 194,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
I am going to have to pull the show up "On Demand" Maybe I dozed off during TC. I only remember 1 vote????
It was a tie so they voted a second time. You didn't miss anything exciting!

Old 10-04-2014, 11:04 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,256,050 times
Quote:
Blaspheme I say you can't sleep during Survivor not even a "resting my eyes" moment.

I want the older ones to stick around too but why is everybody there & some here chooing Baylor to go home? We haven't watched her enough to know much about her have we?

I think Rocker's statement about the girl was that his buddies back home would endless tease him by it.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:21 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,416,753 times
Rocker lost twice during that show. Way to go for the other John to win against Rocker. I didn't think that he had a chance!

Old 10-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Rocker lost twice during that show. Way to go for the other John to win against Rocker. I didn't think that he had a chance!
Yeah he's a washed up has been. J/K he still gets around better than me.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:41 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,295,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yeah he's a washed up has been. J/K he still gets around better than me.
LOL, Jax, I yelled those exact words to Jim Rice back in the 80's. Know what he did? Slammed a homer then looked at where the voice had come from and glared one heck of a nasty look!!

Rocker doesn't seem to be doing too well in challenges unless they are brute strength needed. I wonder how long his tribe will keep him around? Of course he has that HII too.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:02 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,224,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Blaspheme I say you can't sleep during Survivor not even a "resting my eyes" moment.
I did not even have a clue that I had dozed until I read about 2 votes here on CD.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I did not even have a clue that I had dozed until I read about 2 votes here on CD.
Ok we'll give you a reprieve this one time then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV