Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:03 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times

Advertisements

Tracking the sequence of the race, it looks like the Cousins' elimination could be attributed to two taxi rides. Although they were the fourth team to get the clue at the church, they were the ninth team to arrive at the detour. Teams were shown having a hard time finding taxi drivers who would accept US dollars. Whatever their problem, the cousins remained at the back of the pack from this point on. They also were the ninth team to finish the detour, the ninth team to start the roadblock, and the ninth team to finish the roadblock.

It only took the cousins 2 tries to do the tango. The Texas boys were having difficulty, and the editing made it look like this could have been their downfall, but they only needed 4 tries. I've seen dancing tasks that took 30 or more tries for some teams to finish, so this one looked pretty quick.

All of the last three teams to finish the roadblock were looking for taxis at the same time. They showed the cousins finding one first, but they were last at the pit stop. The taxi ride and perhaps the time they took to find the pit stop was their downfall. All three of the final teams arrived at the pit stop thinking they were the last team, so the taxi rides must have spread them out.

The order the teams got their clues at the church was very similar to the order at he pit stop, with one exception besides the cousins. Team Alabama got their clue 9th at the church, gradually moved up the standings, and finished 3rd. They benefitted from getting a taxi quickly after the roadblock.

Those recycling bins had an awful lot of bundled, unused cardboard strips that looked suspicious. I'm wondering if they were planted in the recycling bins to make sure the racers found enough cardboard.

I agree that the Texas boys are jerks. Justin was enthusiastic in his support of his wife, but I didn't hear anything that sounded like smack. The Texas boys are probably used to being top dogs and feel entitled to finish ahead of people like Justin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:23 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
I'm sure the card board was placed for them. You can't really have them picking through real trash, not there. Simply not safe. With editing it's really difficult to know how the little cousins got behind. They should've been fine from the edit but looked way behind so I'm guessing the edit manipulated a bit. Too bad, those were nice guys and doing well.

Yeah team Green can be too loud for me personally, but he was being supportive not jerky. Last night I pretty much liked all the teams. So no faves yet.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:38 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I'm sure the card board was placed for them. You can't really have them picking through real trash, not there. Simply not safe. With editing it's really difficult to know how the little cousins got behind. They should've been fine from the edit but looked way behind so I'm guessing the edit manipulated a bit. Too bad, those were nice guys and doing well.

Yeah team Green can be too loud for me personally, but he was being supportive not jerky. Last night I pretty much liked all the teams. So no faves yet.

cardboard definitely put there for them.
I thought the statue task looked pretty easy.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
cardboard definitely put there for them.
I thought the statue task looked pretty easy.
Yeah! So did I. I thought there would have been more teams doing that. The other thing that surprised me is the girls that used the Texan's cart were allowed to. I must have misheard the clue. I thought there were only a certain amount of carts available, so only that many teams could participate. I thought for sure they would have not been given the next clue.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Yeah! So did I. I thought there would have been more teams doing that. The other thing that surprised me is the girls that used the Texan's cart were allowed to. I must have misheard the clue. I thought there were only a certain amount of carts available, so only that many teams could participate. I thought for sure they would have not been given the next clue.
I thought so too!!! TAR once was tougher on enforcing the rules

Old 10-06-2015, 10:29 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Didn't the clue say 'first come first served'? So you had to wait or go to the other task.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:47 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
So far i'm liking it- Dont have a clear team yet b/c I was rooting for the TMZ gals and they let me down lol. I do like the Green team tho

Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
In the Cardboard/Cart Challenge, seeing that all the carts were already in use, my first thought was if there was going to be enough recycleable cardboard left in the bins to collect.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:37 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
I do not care at all for the Texans. They are hateful, pompous asses. I don't remember any teams plotting so hard and so early to use a U-turn on another team. And it's not primarily for strategy; it's mostly out of meanness. I hope their plans backfire, but apparently God has chosen them to win the race, so we'll have to see.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times
Yuck, those guys from Texas are obnoxious and effeminate and are snotty about "praying." . Boy, I can't stand them and hope they go soon!!!

I'm sorry to lose the team that went home tonight; they were really likeable.

Who to root for this season? So far the reporters and the track girls seem least obnoxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV