Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Also, who were the two agents that came to help, ordered by the computer in the car, Alex and Ryan? Was the implication that Ryan was flown to a hospital or other? Things didn't seem to flow smoothly, at least for me, at that point in the episode.
They aren't agents. They are the hacker people that helped Alex broadcast her message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:23 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
They aren't agents. They are the hacker people that helped Alex broadcast her message.
That is what I thought, but I couldn't remember for certain. I know they asked her if she really wants to turn herself in or join *their side*.

Thanks for clarifying

MSR

Old 11-20-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
ABC has ordered 22 episodes for the first season. Episode 8 just aired this past Sunday, so we are not even half way through the season.
I looked at the history of how a few more episodes were ordered several different times. It's kind of interesting to see how a full season was created.

With the holiday specials, that initial order for four more shows, I believe, the Sundays other special or awards programming replaces them, they will carry it off. Given the terroristic activity we've seen in three countries, it will be interesting to see if they lean more into this or not. I hope the writing and acting are crisp and engaging.

MSR

Old 11-21-2015, 03:56 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Does anyone remember what the nature of Alex's specific challenge, when the NATs were each given different situations that were actually just different parts of the same situation?

Old 11-21-2015, 06:04 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Does anyone remember what the nature of Alex's specific challenge, when the NATs were each given different situations that were actually just different parts of the same situation?
Bomb threat at the CDC in Atlanta.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Okay, so straight out terrorism. The reason why I was asking was because I was looking ahead: Can they drag out this back-and-forth between recruit training and what happened right after the Grand Central Station bombing for four seasons? I doubt it. It seems to me that sometime before the middle of the second season (and probably by the end of the first season) they're going to have to either exonerate Alex or make her a more permanent rogue but one that the FBI is no longer pursuing on a daily basis. This "oh my gosh she's going to get caught" (or, as the case may be, "oh my gosh she got caught") is going to get old quick. And the flashbacks, which may seem to be a feature of show, will either have to radically change in nature (i.e., flashing back to events other than the few months of training), become very occasional, or vanish.

And...
Spoiler
... if you read the ABC Press Releases on the show, you know that during the next two episodes she gets interrogated, and then, after that, is covertly working "with her team" (which sounds to me that either she escaped or the interrogation determined that she was not guilty and she was, at least secretly, reinstated). So...
... given her assignment during training, I'm guessing the show is going to evolve into a more traditional, counter-terrorism procedural.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:04 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Surprised this thread hasn't been more active.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Surprised this thread hasn't been more active.
Me too.

MSR

Old 12-02-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Okay, so straight out terrorism. The reason why I was asking was because I was looking ahead: Can they drag out this back-and-forth between recruit training and what happened right after the Grand Central Station bombing for four seasons? I doubt it. It seems to me that sometime before the middle of the second season (and probably by the end of the first season) they're going to have to either exonerate Alex or make her a more permanent rogue but one that the FBI is no longer pursuing on a daily basis. This "oh my gosh she's going to get caught" (or, as the case may be, "oh my gosh she got caught") is going to get old quick. And the flashbacks, which may seem to be a feature of show, will either have to radically change in nature (i.e., flashing back to events other than the few months of training), become very occasional, or vanish.

And...
Spoiler
... if you read the ABC Press Releases on the show, you know that during the next two episodes she gets interrogated, and then, after that, is covertly working "with her team" (which sounds to me that either she escaped or the interrogation determined that she was not guilty and she was, at least secretly, reinstated). So...
... given her assignment during training, I'm guessing the show is going to evolve into a more traditional, counter-terrorism procedural.
Given that Season 1 ends in 1 or 2 episodes, I'll bet she is exonerated. Then, give how she's helped Liam and Miranda, she'll head up or at least co-lead a team. That team may look back at old FBI cases or assigned a special type in the future. Either way, if they want to stick with the back and forth format, they could do that with how the team progresses and *looks back* as other agents might have reviewed data. Then fast forward to the present crisis to rethink/rework cases.

I think, given the shootings in Ore, Paris and now San Bernadino, the producers and writers have to be cautious, if they want to stay on the air. That's one reason heading up a specialty unit or old cases may be better received by many. Too much back and forth or too intense, people won't watch. We see the intense stuff daily. We need more analysis and working behind the scenes.

MSR

Old 12-03-2015, 12:07 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Given that Season 1 ends in 1 or 2 episodes
I've said this before, but Season 1 is 22 episodes. There are a lot more then just one or two episodes left this season. Episode 10 just aired, so we're not even half way through the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV