Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 01:41 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times

Advertisements

What was really pathetic was when they took the kids to the Crayola Factory and Kate wouldn't let the kids use paint/markers/anything messy. Who the hell takes their kids to the Crayola Factory and doesn't expect them to get messy????? That's like taking a kid to Chuck E Cheese and only going to eat pizza and not letting them play games!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
bumping this up for those interested in talking about the show.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
Hmm...Very interesting link. I'm just the messenger...

Gosselins Without Pity: Redesigning Reality

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
I honestly don't understand why anyone would bother to go to all this trouble to spew about people they do not even know. I mean really now, this is just like when fanatics talk smack about actors and such. Do you really have to do that to make yourself feel better?
USELESS FODDER for the masses.
Who really cares about their "image"? I do not see them ever harming their children. They seem to be well fed, cared for, and clean clothes on etc... That is the priority and they seem to be handling that just fine.

I am away from my kids for 10 hrs each day. It does not mean I am a bad parent, it means i WORK for a living to support them. If JOn and Kate travel so they can make some money, oh well. Just about everyone in America has to do it to survive. Why is this an issue? Of course the show is edited. ALL scripted TV is.

I am no fan of this current version of Kate because she is becoming plastic-ish with her hair and teeth and tan, and she belittles Jon in public during the interviews STILL - Hey what they do in the privacy of their own home when the camera's are not there is NOT our business- maybe he likes a dominatrix type (i'll bet he does). BIG DEAL.

I understand that saying something in the heat of the moment it may not sound so nice when you play it back, but when she does it in the interview segment it just sounds degrading (but again he is an adult and he can accepts it).

And there are plenty of people in the world who do not get along with their families for whatever reason. I don't really care how this fits in. So what, they don't have grandparents around. Sad, but i am certain the children will decide for themselves when they grow up if they want them in their lives.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I honestly don't understand why anyone would bother to go to all this trouble to spew about people they do not even know. I mean really now, this is just like when fanatics talk smack about actors and such. Do you really have to do that to make yourself feel better?
Because they have nothing better to do then keep up a blog about J&K.
Sad.

If they had kids to take care of, when would they have time to blog about a show?

Jon does the same thing to Kate with attitude. We just don't see it as much for some reason. They are human. It's a show that's edited. Who knows if she said something once and they used it multiple times?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,414 times
They must do the John and Kate interview late in the day when they're completely exhausted, because man, she was extra cranky last night.

Anyway, I loved the tile John picked out and he's right about Kate's style - it's countryish and not in a good way.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
They must do the John and Kate interview late in the day when they're completely exhausted, because man, she was extra cranky last night.

Anyway, I loved the tile John picked out and he's right about Kate's style - it's countryish and not in a good way.
I watched this episode last night and I used to be on Kate's side, but I think I've had it! First of all, the entire episode was basically nothing more than a commercial for those washers and dryers. Notice how she shamefully kept mentioning them, and how much water they saved, how many clothes they held? Nobody talks about their washer/dryer like that. I'm guessing they got them for free.

And I'm getting sick of Kate's "me, me, mine, mine" attitude. She keeps calling it "my house", "my appliances", etc. She's just coming across as so selfish now.

And then enough with the bit@hiness toward Jon. I was embarassed for her.

I fast forwarded through most of what the kids were doing - painting and running around outside. What the kids do is just not that interesting anymore. We have twins, and while in the beginning it was crazy, tireing, and unusual to be dealing with two babies, at some point it really becomes less of being the parents of twins and more just being the parents of two children. I think it's become the same for them - the kids pretty much do their own thing and every second of Jon and Kate's days aren't filled with baby duty anymore. They're just parents of eight children, so not all that interesting. I hope they paid cash for that house, because I have a feeling their cash cow is coming to an end.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I watched this episode last night and I used to be on Kate's side, but I think I've had it! First of all, the entire episode was basically nothing more than a commercial for those washers and dryers. Notice how she shamefully kept mentioning them, and how much water they saved, how many clothes they held? Nobody talks about their washer/dryer like that. I'm guessing they got them for free.
Maybe Kate really is amazed at how much water, etc the washer/dryer saves?
I'll have to watch the episode, if she got ones like I did (Whirlpool) yes, you'd be surprised to see how little water it washes with. Mine has a glass top; a Cabrio washer, I talked about it to anyone that would listen lol.. let's put it this way, when it "fills" the drum with water to wash, it uses more then 1/2 less water then my last washer.

As for Whirlpool donating them, well maybe so, maybe they got a decent discount but do you think Whirlpool didn't "bid" for that airtime? You bet they did.. and giving Jon & Kate new washer/dryer is nothing compared to what they'd pay someone to make a commercial; and how many people are going to buy it or consider buying it just due to seeing it there?

I'm happy to hear it sounds like the new house is working out for them.
The kids looked really happy last time I saw it.
I'm happy for the family for being able to turn their lives around; and hope they are smart enough to save.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:09 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Maybe Kate really is amazed at how much water, etc the washer/dryer saves?
I'll have to watch the episode, if she got ones like I did (Whirlpool) yes, you'd be surprised to see how little water it washes with. Mine has a glass top; a Cabrio washer, I talked about it to anyone that would listen lol.. let's put it this way, when it "fills" the drum with water to wash, it uses more then 1/2 less water then my last washer.

As for Whirlpool donating them, well maybe so, maybe they got a decent discount but do you think Whirlpool didn't "bid" for that airtime? You bet they did.. and giving Jon & Kate new washer/dryer is nothing compared to what they'd pay someone to make a commercial; and how many people are going to buy it or consider buying it just due to seeing it there?

I'm happy to hear it sounds like the new house is working out for them.
The kids looked really happy last time I saw it.
I'm happy for the family for being able to turn their lives around; and hope they are smart enough to save.
I'm not putting them down for possibly having the washers/dryers donated, it just came across as over the top and fake, like she had been coached on how to "casually" bring up the appliances. Overall, the show is now coming across as more staged and no so much "real people we can all relate to".

Old 02-18-2009, 02:55 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Overall, the show is now coming across as more staged and no so much "real people we can all relate to".
That's why I seldom watch anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV