Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:53 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,622,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
I'll definitely watch season 2 next summer.

You want an antagonist? Well they may very well get one in the form of whatever O'Reilly's become
Detective Brigid O'Reilly is Mayhem, and has been in the comic books since 1983. The TV show does change some of the backstory from the books. The second season is subtitled Mayhem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(comics)

Father Delgado is also from the comic books in the early 1980s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Delgado_(comics)

Mina Hess does not seem to come from the comic books. Her fate was also left unresolved, so the writers may have more flexibility as to what to do with the character.

Evita Fusilier also does not seem to come from the comic books. She has some interesting supernatural powers which they didn't really try and explain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 06:15 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,563,677 times
Yeah I’ll take a pass on this one.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:58 PM

12,404 posts, read 8,189,526 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CHOa5WWrHR4

Old 02-15-2019, 01:25 PM

22,939 posts, read 28,327,427 times
Nice teaser. I hope Season 2 is more genuine drama and conflict and less Disney Teen Drama.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:44 PM

12,404 posts, read 8,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Nice teaser. I hope Season 2 is more genuine drama and conflict and less Disney Teen Drama.
I was thinking the opposite about the teaser. They are just over 7 weeks out and that was it? Time for FreeForm to start upping their game.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I was thinking the opposite about the teaser. They are just over 7 weeks out and that was it? Time for FreeForm to start upping their game.
Well, it is a teaser, not a trailer. I expect we'll get a full blown trailer by mid-March, if not before.

TV is different than movies. TV shows don't usually start advertising months in advance like movies do.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6kay8vAp-S8

Old 03-03-2019, 07:31 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,898,342 times
I gave this show a second chance (after seeing how good the trailer for season 2 looked) and I'm really glad I did. This a was a really solid series. I stopped halfway through the first time because I got kind of bored, but the second time around I paid attention to more of the details, and honestly the second half of the season is where everything comes together. When the 2 started to learn how to use their superpowers, it got really cool. They have unique, cool powers.

I'm really excited about season 2. I disagree with the criticism that the show didn't have a main villain. Based on the plot and story, it didn't make sense to have one. It's better not to throw one in than to have a subpar one. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the main villain they're setting up for season 2, but maybe it will work.

Also, loved how there were a good amount of references to the MCU, so this definitely has potential crossover possibly. I didn't realize how far back Cloak and Dagger comics go in Marvel. They've appeared in Spiderman series, Xmen series, and their own comics off and on since the 70s through present.

Overall a really solid series. Definitely similar to the Netflix Marvel series, although the 10 episodes felt exactly right. It didn't feel like there were a lot of filler episodes like you get with many of the Netflix series. About my only complaint was that the ending was really abrupt and the final episode was really rushed. The two previous episodes before the last one were great, so I guess they didn't know how to end it well in one episode. Overall a very solid addition to the Marvel tv universe. Looking forward to season 2.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:06 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,898,342 times
Default Season 2

The season 2 premiere was pretty good. Similar to the first season in that it's uneven, and takes time to pick up, but it seems like it will be a pretty entertaining season. Now that Cloak and Dagger have begun to master their powers, the action should be a little faster paced this season.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:38 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,768,624 times
Just watched the premiere. Strong start to the new season. Still the annoying angsty teen music. And this time we got angsty hip hop (as a hip hop fan (especially 90s hip hop) I think todays stuff is garbage). Tandy and Ty are still growing. Mastering what they already know and learning new stuff along the way. But we also got a shocker at the end of the episode. I went in thinking O'Brien had a split personality thing going on and that she'd eventually give in to that dark side. Well it's a split personality alright just not how I thought. Can't wait till episode 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV