Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:28 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,466 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone name their son Bonner?! Too much teasing potential .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Why would anyone name their son Bonner?! Too much teasing potential .

I'm betting it's a family name -- perhaps a relative's surname.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:18 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
No way can I stomach more than a couple of minutes of the Kootchie Kootchie gal.

From Wiki:

María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza, (born March 13, 1941) professionally known by her mononymous stage name Charo, is a Spanish-American actress, comedian, and flamenco guitarist.
I remember her giving her full name when she was being interviewed on talk shows and laughing about it. She always talked about her past and held nothing back. She was a frequent guest on the Mike Douglas show. She would sometimes perform on the acoustic guitar and could really play.

I can remember even farther back when she was a singer in her husband's Xavier Cougar's band. She told the show. It was not only her singing but her sense of humor that made her fun to watch. I've been a fan for years. The WIKI bii doesn't do her justice.

I doubt if she will win but I hope she goes far.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I remember her giving her full name when she was being interviewed on talk shows and laughing about it. She always talked about her past and held nothing back. She was a frequent guest on the Mike Douglas show. She would sometimes perform on the acoustic guitar and could really play.

I can remember even farther back when she was a singer in her husband's Xavier Cougar's band. She told the show. It was not only her singing but her sense of humor that made her fun to watch. I've been a fan for years. The WIKI bii doesn't do her justice.

I doubt if she will win but I hope she goes far.
Charo was married to Xavier Cugat.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Yeah, she was smart. That's what first got her in the spotlight. He was a popular entertainer at the time.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Someone posted that Heather Morris has a dance background but I didnt know she was a backup dancer for Beyonce on The Beyoncé Experience Tour and a competitor on season 2 of So You Think You Can Dance. Really seems unfair to have someone with that kind of experience compete:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Thinks Heather Morris' Pro Dance Background Will Only Help Them on DWTS

Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Someone posted that Heather Morris has a dance background but I didnt know she was a backup dancer for Beyonce on The Beyoncé Experience Tour and a competitor on season 2 of So You Think You Can Dance. Really seems unfair to have someone with that kind of experience compete:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Thinks Heather Morris' Pro Dance Background Will Only Help Them on DWTS
Y'know? Usually I am ok with people having a dance background because many celebrities do. I'm not sure what they're thinking with this one. She is a straight up pro.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

That might not be to her advantage though. The kind of dancing the backup dancers do for Beyonce isn't like the traditional kind they do on DWS unless, of course, she has other training.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Yes....from 1966 to 1978.

Which, if you believe her 1951 birth date, would mean she was only 15 years old
when she married the much older Spanish-American band leader.

Interestingly, Xavier Cugat was apparently born on January 1st 1900,
New Year's Day at the dawn of the 20th Century, he died in 1990.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:47 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
I always watch DWTS.

Mr. T's fanbase will keep him on awhile.
Charo....ugh....a little bit of her goes a loooooong way. (I also think she is much older than 65)
Nick (the Bachelor)....ugh....sick of him.
Glad the rumor about Billy Bush was false......ick.

Heather is a professional dancer; nor right for her to be on the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV