Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,486,597 times

Advertisements

As expected, Derek wont be back this season. I had read that he was going to star in a Broadway play but apparently he has other plans.

Sad to say that Tony wont be back this season either. And neither will Jenna Johnson.

Maks, Val, Sharna, Witney and Peta will be back as pros. Surprising news about Peta, as I thought she'd sit out another season to be with her baby.

So far, Olympic medalist Simone Biles, former A-Team star Mr. T and Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei have signed on for this season.

Season 24 premieres March 20 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Dancing with the Stars: Derek Hough, Tony Dovolani Won't Return for Season 24
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 06:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,238,955 times
I won't miss Dereck but I will miss Tony. Mr. T??? How old can that dude be??? Never heard of the chick. It is getting harder and harder to watch the show. I'm tired of Olympians and stars way past their prime.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:29 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,745,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I won't miss Dereck but I will miss Tony. Mr. T??? How old can that dude be??? Never heard of the chick. It is getting harder and harder to watch the show. I'm tired of Olympians and stars way past their prime.
Mr T is only 64 ad is in great shape. The chick I assume you are referring to is Normani Kordei. She is a member of Fifth Harmony. They are a pretty popular band.

One thing you have to understand is that they cant get the most popular stars. Their schedules are nuts and their price tags are way too much for DWTS to pay. They have to use reality stars, stars of the past, as well as sports stars.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:19 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,244,748 times
Erika Girardi aka Erika Jayne from RHoBH is joining the cast.

Erika Girardi Will Be On Dancing With The Stars Next Season; Will Alter Ego Erika Jayne Be The One Competing? - Reality Tea

Old 02-27-2017, 05:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
As expected, Derek wont be back this season. I had read that he was going to star in a Broadway play but apparently he has other plans.

Sad to say that Tony wont be back this season either. And neither will Jenna Johnson.

Maks, Val, Sharna, Witney and Peta will be back as pros. Surprising news about Peta, as I thought she'd sit out another season to be with her baby.

So far, Olympic medalist Simone Biles, former A-Team star Mr. T and Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei have signed on for this season.

Season 24 premieres March 20 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Dancing with the Stars: Derek Hough, Tony Dovolani Won't Return for Season 24
I was surprised too. I think she and Maks have decided to make the most of their "15 minutes" of fame.....get the fast, easy money while they can. Make hay while the sun shines on what could be relatively short careers. Maybe pass on some of the traveling venues, more time at home as a family. Wisely invest the money for the future.

When their fame fades they can fall back on the dance studios and their investments and still have a very good life.

IMO....they are being very smart.

As far as Peta being with the baby, she will probably still have more time with it than the average working mother.

Remember when Maks said he would NEVER, EVER do the show again?

.......funny how that all changed once there was a baby on the way!

Old 02-27-2017, 05:45 PM

4,497 posts, read 3,944,431 times
I just read that Nick Viall, The Bachelor, has signed on. Is there any ABC show this guy's NOT on ? Talk about stretching your 15 minutes.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:59 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,238,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I just read that Nick Viall, The Bachelor, has signed on. Is there any ABC show this guy's NOT on ? Talk about stretching your 15 minutes.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,215,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Remember when Maks said he would NEVER, EVER do the show again?
.......funny how that all changed once there was a baby on the way!
I think it had a lot more to do with Derek getting all the talented stars & winning so many mirror balls before there was a twinkling in his eye about a baby.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:27 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,745,055 times
Quote:
ABC on Wednesday revealed the full cast line-up for Dancing With the Stars Season 24, and The A-Team actor, Bachelor Nick Viall and Olympians Simone Biles and Nancy Kerrigan are among the celebrities confirmed to compete.

They join Glee grad Heather Morris, who clearly has an advantage going into the dance contest. Not only did Morris once compete on So You Think You Can Dance (having been eliminated during Vegas Week in Season 2), but she served as a back-up dancer to Beyoncé ahead of her time on the Fox drama.
Rounding out the cast: Saturday Night Live alum Chris Kattan, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills‘ Erika Jayne, ex-Jacksonville Jaguars running back Rashad Jennings, former Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross, professional bull rider Bonner Bolton, Fifth Harmony’s Normani Kordei and actress/comedienne/10-time Love Boat passenger Charo.
https://tvline.com/2017/03/01/dancin...is-mr-t-charo/

Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,486,597 times
Wow, I know fewer and fewer "stars" each season. Here are the stars and their pro partners for Season 24:

Nancy Ann Kerrigan (former Olympic figure skater) -- Artem Chigvintsev
Chris Kattan (Saturday Night Live) -- Witney Carson
Bonner Bolton (pro bull rider and model) -- Sharna Burgess
Charo (singer) -- Keo Motsepe
Rashad Jennings (NFL running back) -- Emma Slater
Heather Morris (Glee star) -- Maksim Chmerkovskiy
David Ross (catcher for Chicago Cubs and 2-time World Series winner) -- Lindsay Arnold
Erika Jayne (Real housewives of Beverly Hills) -- with Gleb Savchenko
Mr. T (A-Team star) -- Kym Johnson
Normani Kordei (Fifth Harmony) -- Val Chmerkovskiy
Simone Biles (gold medal gymnast) -- Sasha Farber
Nick Viall (The Bachelor) -- Peta Murgatroyd

'Dancing with the Stars' cast includes Simone Biles, Mr. T | abc13.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV