Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 07:13 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,678,824 times

Advertisements

Hope Maks is o.k., he is one of my favs, too! Pretty much agree with NCal, Annie and TFW. I've been watching since the beginning and haven't changed my views of some of the pros too much.

I can take or leave Derek, sometimes he really bugs me. I've always liked Maks and Tony, Val is o.k. and I liked Louis Van Amstel when he was on. I thought Mark Ballas made some uncalled for bad comments about athlete contestants and it being more of a popularity contest and not fair to other not as well known contestants. It was a bad look for him.

I'm not sure who is going home tonight, Len seems like his drawers are in a knot, a little early to be so critical. The rodeo dude has some good moves, fluid, unexpected really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 07:19 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,656,525 times
Not too many "STARS" anymore.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:28 PM

6,954 posts, read 3,990,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
How is it possible that Charo has lived in this country for more than 50 years, yet she sounds like she just left Spain for the first time a week ago? Anyone else think that the accent is completely faked?
My grandmother came to the US from Norway in 1929 at the age of 27, and passed away in 2005 at age 104. She NEVER lost her accent, although her English was perfect.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:42 PM

6,954 posts, read 3,990,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
No stars again. Has beens and never weres.
Simone is one of the most accomplished athletes ever to come out of the US. She is the most accomplished American gymnast in the history of the sport. 4-time All Around National Champion, 3-time World AA Champion, and the first reigning AA World Champion in 20 years to win the Olympic AA Championship. She is also the first black female gymnast to win an individual World Championship title, and the 2nd in a row to win the Olympic AA.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:50 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,678,824 times
Working for a foreign company for 33 years, many of the people from Europe in the states years, spoke English but always with an accent even after 30+ years. My friend from South Africa is a naturalized citizen, here probably 40 years, heavy accent.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:12 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,453,869 times
Well I would rather have seen the other couple leave

Old 03-27-2017, 08:53 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well I would rather have seen the other couple leave
Me too, although, to be honest, I was begining to wonder if we were going to hear a sob story from that star every week.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,231,014 times
At least
Spoiler
Spoiler
Charro
had some dance moves
Spoiler
Chris
did not really.

Same with Mr. T he was just "post dancing" really not dancing just being a post for his partner. He will be in the bottom next week I bet.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times
Quick Review:

Every season we have a whiny, overly-emotional star. Will it be Nancy Kerrigan this season? She was upset about being praised by her partner? I like Nancy but give me a break.

Nice to see Erika perform well tonight. I dont care for her personally but I must admit that she and Gleb are a hot couple. Of course, Gleb would be hot with a cadaver as a partner.

I said, last week, that Charo's koochy-koo would get old quickly. It's already there. And so is her anger-with-the-judges routine. She can go home next week.

Nick seemed to be very stiff and stilted, although the judges didnt call him out on that. I dont agree with the generous scores the judges gave him. I like Petra and would like to see her go far this season but I dont see it happening with him.

I thought Heather's performance was a mess. I agree with Len that the breakdown portion of the dance was terrible and didnt belong there. I presume that Maks choreographed it and he must have had a reason -- but I agree with Len's score of 6, although I might have given her a 5 or less.

Last week I said that Bonner was the eye candy this season. I take that back tonight. I'm starting to care less for him. I did notice that he moved his hand over Sharna's hand at the country&western place, which makes me believe that his arm placement last week was *not* accidental as both of them claim.

We all know Simone is the shoo-in to win. But I wonder if she can really dance without doing gymnastic moves. I havent been as impressed with her as I have been with previous gymnasts.

And I'm sorry -- I know that recovering from a broken neck is rough, but why sign up for a dancing show if you still have such bad residual problems that you have to keep making excuses for it? Last week I was going to make a comment regarding the fact that this is the first season, in a long time, that didnt have a disabled star. But tonight I realized that Chris is the disabled star. And we'll probably hear about it for as long as he stays

Same with Normani -- why sign up for this shown if you have to travel all the time? So many stars do that and it's irritating. Fortunately, she performed well tonight but that doesnt make it any the less frustrating. Gosh, I feel like grouchy Len.

Rashad! OMG, he's the real eye candy this season. Easy on the eyes in both looks and dancing. Lucky Emma! Yes, I know she's engaged to Sahsha -- but, still, how lucky is she to have a partner like Rashad. He's elegant and can be sexy without being crude.

Poor Mr T. His dancing was more standing/stomping-in-place again this week. I like him personally but he deserves to go home soon.

David is such a sweetie and a good entertainer. And he's so charismatic. He had an off night tonight but I hope he can come back to redeem himself next week.

There were only two couples "in jeopardy" tonight. The one who went home tonight wasnt a surprise, although I agree with I Love North Carolina that, personally, I'd have preferred to see the other one leave.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,891,396 times
Poor Chris, with all that hardware in his spine. Yikes. I'm still thinking of how he called Charo "Mom" in the premiere, after she started approaching him with her icky "cuchy cuchy" schtick--lol stopped her dead in her tracks (BTW, her own son is gorgeous).

Nancy Kerrigan has always been a whiner and carper. From the "Why me?!!" (edited to "Why?" by a fawning press) after that dreadful attack, to her beefing about a "corny" Disney parade.

I think we're in for more of the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV