Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,494,448 times

Advertisements

Awwww Mr T, he's so sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:57 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,601,622 times
Val has really grown on me. I think he is one of the best male dancers.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:05 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,494,448 times
So happy about who went home!!!

Old 04-03-2017, 08:07 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,601,622 times
Darn. I turned the channel to see who was winning the game and missed who went home.

Hope it was Charo...

Can someone let me know?

Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,558,693 times
What an interesting night.

First, let me say that I really liked the jumpsuit that Erin wore tonight. It was probably the nicest outfit she's ever worn on the show.

And, second, let me say that I really liked the dance performance by Derek and Julianne. She's truly a breathtaking dancer. I dont care for her as a judge, although she seems to know her stuff, but I loved her as a pro.

And, while I'm at it, let me also say that Witney may be my favorite female pro of all time. She has the rare ability to be both a sexy siren and a wholesome girl-next-door at the same time. Not an easy task to accomplish. And she's both a very good choreographer and an excellent teacher. Also not an easy combination to pull off.

OK, enough of the nice me.

Nick is still basically unlikeable and, again, I thought he was stilted and stiff. When Bruno describes a performance by saying he "appreciated the effort", you know it cant have been good.

One of the things I love about DWTS is how it shows the often-unseen sides of some stars. Whoda thunk that Mr T could be so charming and so humble -- and, as Len said, such a "gentle giant"? Yes, he pretty much walked through the performance and Kym danced around him. And, yes, I thought he'd be going home tonight because the judges are usually easier on the star who's leaving. But I pity the fool who doesnt appreciate what a sweet man Mr T is.

I cant remember a season when someone who originally seemed to be so exciting turned out to be such a dud so quickly. I dont agree at all with Len's comment that this dance showed off Bonner's personality. I dont think Bonner has a personality. Perhaps he's just painfully shy, but he comes off as being very out of his element around people. (Maybe he needs to spend less time around bulls.) I thought he looked almost arthritic tonight. The fact that he scored the same as Mr T and Charo tells you all you need to know.

Heather looked like a pro tonight because she is a pro. After her comment, as reported in the news last week, about how she suspects Maks is faking his injury, she can go home anytime. But the producers love publicity so they'll probably keep her on for a while.

Every previous season I've felt sorry for Keo's partners -- Lolo Jones (for whom it's almost impossible to feel sorry), Charlotte McKinney, Chaka Khan and Jodie Sweetin (although Jodie did well, advancing to the 8th week). He's a wonderful dancer but he just doesnt seem to make a connection with his partners -- maybe that's why he doesnt seem to be a very good teacher. But I must admit that the routine he choregraphed for tonight was elegant and sophisticated -- and showed Charo off beautifully. It was, by far, my favorite Keo performance ever.

I'm liking Sasha as a pro more and more. He's not masculine or sexy (in my opinion) but he has a sweetness that's very becoming. And maybe that's why he was chosen as Simone's partner. Tonight they were very entertaining. Simone may be the world's best gymnast amd she may end up being a very good dancer, but I still hope she doesnt win this season. Nothing against her personally -- I'm just tired of gymnasts who are automatically expected to take home the mirrorball.

The less Nancy talks, the more I like her. At least we didnt have to hear any whining this week. I think she looked like a real pro. If she can continue to do this well, she has a chance of being in the semi-finals.

I keep wondering if someone can really be as genuinely nice as David appears to be. He's so charming and so endearing -- and, as I said last week, such an entertainer. His whimsical Magic Mike dance was awesome. I loved Bruno's remark about the "thunder in the underpants".

I dont know what to say about Erika. She pretty much stood in place while Gleb danced around her. And the steps she did take looked unsteady. Surely, these stars arent allowed to drink before the show, are they?

Rashad didnt have a good night. But I dont care what the judges say -- he's smooth and easy and is made for romance on the dancefloor. I'd be willing to just stare at a photo of him on the screen for the entire two hours. I loved Emmitt Smith and Donald Driver, but Rashad is the bomb.

Normani and Val put on the kind of performace that I'd expect to see in Vegas. You can tell that Val believes he has a good chance at winning again this season. Of course, she's a pro so I'm hoping she doesnt win -- but, barring any surprises, she'll be in the Final Three (along with Rashad and Simone).

And the right person went home tonight:
Spoiler
Charo

Old 04-03-2017, 09:35 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,355,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Darn. I turned the channel to see who was winning the game and missed who went home.

Hope it was Charo...

Can someone let me know?
Yes it was Charo, thank goodness.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,047,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm liking Sasha as a pro more and more. He's not masculine or sexy (in my opinion) but he has a sweetness that's very becoming. And maybe that's why he was chosen as Simone's partner. Tonight they were very entertaining. Simone may be the world's best gymnast amd she may end up being a very good dancer, but I still hope she doesnt win this season. Nothing against her personally -- I'm just tired of gymnasts who are automatically expected to take home the mirrorball.
I hope Simone doesn't win this season either though she's probably an odds on favorite. But much like last season with Laurie, I feel like while Simone's dancing is very good she may not have the same passion or feeling to it as other dancers may have. Still kinda pissed that James lost to Laurie last season when to me he deserved to win it all.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,924,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Yes it was Charo, thank goodness.
Yes, definitely. For obvious reasons, that schtick is ickier now than it ever was.

I was happy it wasn't Mr. T. And, IMO, Nancy Kerrigan was surprisingly good.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:14 PM

14,339 posts, read 14,705,914 times
I'm not impressed with rodeo guy, I felt either he or Charo would go and wouldn't have minded if she stayed another week. I'm probably the only one here that doesn't mind her maybe because I probably watched every episode of "The Love Boat"!

I'm hoping Maksim comes back, although the replacement is doing o.k.! I don't think 37 is old for a dancer by any means. When you look at his resume and what he's accomplished pretty impressive.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,355,908 times
Quote:
I'm not impressed with rodeo guy
ditto.....and tired of the insinuations about a romance w/Sharna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV