Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 04:01 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,651,348 times

Advertisements

It really seems to me that she has true chemistry and a real relationship with Peter. I hope she picks him and not Bryan. How could anyone deal with a mother-in-law that is SO microscopically involved in her son's life?

But I actually think Bryan would make a better Bachelor than Peter. Peter's too serious. And if he's talking about not wanting to propose now, would he really want to propose on the Bachelor?

Does anyone know what Peter actually does for a living? "Entrepreneur" is too vague. I've read elsewhere that he is a personal trainer, but I thought they might have gotten his occupation mixed up with Erik's.

It's interesting we're not talking that much about Erik. I just don't see them having a similar lifestyle, honestly. There were a lot of other guys that seemed like a much better fit for her who have already gone home.

Dean is too repressed. That would be bound to come out somehow in the future. I wouldn't go near him until he's had a couple of years of therapy and manages to join the happy go lucky person he is with the very serious tough angry person he also is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 08:51 AM

3,446 posts, read 4,737,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Does anyone know what Peter actually does for a living? "Entrepreneur" is too vague. I've read elsewhere that he is a personal trainer, but I thought they might have gotten his occupation mixed up with Erik's.
Peter is actually from Madison where I was born and raised, and I do still live. It was fun watching the show last night to see what scenery and parts of Madison they would show. It was pretty good but didn't do it justice at all considering all of the beautiful surrounding lakes, etc. But the Capitol area is very nice as well being the focal point of Madison. The Farmer's Market, The Wisconsin Art Fair, Concert's On the Square and The Taste of Madison are just some of the annual events held there. It is definitely a great place to hang out and has no shortage of great local shops and local restaurants surrounding the Capitol.

He is an owner of a personal training co and also does some modeling. This article is from one of our local new's station.
Who is the Madison man on this season of ABC's The Bachelorette? - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

I know it is the Bachelorette and they "expect" people to get engaged at the end but that is one of the things that I really dislike about the show. It is much too forced and unrealistic to expect an engagement to happen by the end every time. I am actually surprised that Rachel is being so insistent that she be engaged by the end of the show. I thought she was much more realistic and level-headed to ever push that agenda and be so adamant about being engaged in such a short time when it comes to love and finding a life partner.

We all have definitely seen that being engaged surely does not mean that things will always end well after that forced and rushed engagement. So, if these are her final 3 candidates then my vote is for Peter only because he is being the most realistic and has his feet planted more firmly on the ground about the whole process. Second choice would be Eric because he is sweet, honest, wholesome and smart. I definitely don't think Bryan is a good fit whatsoever and never was but now especially since witnessing what his mom was like on last night's show. Just way too much pressure there not to mention how much family drama there would be having a MIL like her

Old 07-18-2017, 09:32 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,829,136 times
Totally agree with everyone!

Eye Makeup -

Bryan's Mom as a Potential Mother-in-Law -

Insisting on being engaged no matter what -

Dean's Dad -

Dumping Dean after profession love -

Bryan being picked and interesting that so many of us think that would be a bad choice -

Dean as the next Bachelor -

Peter as the next Bachelor (but his fear of commitment might be a problem)

Eric or Erik (not sure which is right) as the next Bachelor - - I just loved him last night so sincere!

Getting this season over and starting Bachelor in Paradise!

Old 07-18-2017, 10:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,668,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Peter is actually from Madison where I was born and raised, and I do still live. It was fun watching the show last night to see what scenery and parts of Madison they would show. It was pretty good but didn't do it justice at all considering all of the beautiful surrounding lakes, etc. But the Capitol area is very nice as well being the focal point of Madison. The Farmer's Market, The Wisconsin Art Fair, Concert's On the Square and The Taste of Madison are just some of the annual events held there. It is definitely a great place to hang out and has no shortage of great local shops and local restaurants surrounding the Capitol.

He is an owner of a personal training co and also does some modeling. This article is from one of our local new's station.
Who is the Madison man on this season of ABC's The Bachelorette? - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

I know it is the Bachelorette and they "expect" people to get engaged at the end but that is one of the things that I really dislike about the show. It is much too forced and unrealistic to expect an engagement to happen by the end every time. I am actually surprised that Rachel is being so insistent that she be engaged by the end of the show. I thought she was much more realistic and level-headed to ever push that agenda and be so adamant about being engaged in such a short time when it comes to love and finding a life partner.

We all have definitely seen that being engaged surely does not mean that things will always end well after that forced and rushed engagement. So, if these are her final 3 candidates then my vote is for Peter only because he is being the most realistic and has his feet planted more firmly on the ground about the whole process. Second choice would be Eric because he is sweet, honest, wholesome and smart. I definitely don't think Bryan is a good fit whatsoever and never was but now especially since witnessing what his mom was like on last night's show. Just way too much pressure there not to mention how much family drama there would be having a MIL like her
JoJo was the same way. She told Jordan multiple times that she wanted to be ENGAGED at the end of the show. I'm still waiting for them to announce their breakup. I agree that expecting an engagement at the end is too much added pressure.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:19 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,310,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Totally agree with everyone!

Eye Makeup -

Bryan's Mom as a Potential Mother-in-Law -

Insisting on being engaged no matter what -

Dean's Dad -

Dumping Dean after profession love -

Bryan being picked and interesting that so many of us think that would be a bad choice -

Dean as the next Bachelor -

Peter as the next Bachelor (but his fear of commitment might be a problem)

Eric or Erik (not sure which is right) as the next Bachelor - - I just loved him last night so sincere!

Getting this season over and starting Bachelor in Paradise!
I agree.....especially how she dumped Dean....when the Wisc. guy isn't even sure he likes her that much. Seriously.....poor Dean....I think that he is too young for her and needs to work on his grief and loss issues as does his Dad....They are both in so much pain. But, to dump him without warning after he had opened his life to her and overcome the embarrassment of his Dad and the drama seemed cold.

Not liking any of the other guys except Eric.....He has himself together.....So....we'll see what happens. Her family's opinions will likely be the deciding factor.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,088,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I am guessing Peter or Dean for the next Bachelor? They are both likable, seem to be decent guys. I really do think she will pick Byran and if she does not I really don't want him as the Bachelor, he just creeps me out and he has since the first night.
Dean was shown on all the Bachelor in Paradise footage that the media was showing when they started filming again. Since he is on Paradise, I would rather not have a "looking for love for the 3rd time in 6 months" Bachelor lead. It just makes the show feel even more fake then it already is when the lead has already paraded through all the other shows in the franchise.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:23 AM

27,223 posts, read 46,881,443 times
The Bachelor franchise better be careful with Dean as he is such a nice guy but also a guy who went through extremely difficult times. The franchise has a responsibility to care for the people and not just focusing on ratings. I have the feeling that ratings go above everything for the franchise, regardless of the harm it may do to a person!

Old 07-19-2017, 04:03 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,816,136 times
I 100% agree with her letting Dean go. He is a great guy, but has way too much baggage in his life right now to work through. That is tough to marry into, especially when dating on a show.

I personally like Eric and Peter for her.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM

2,926 posts, read 2,006,250 times
Not surprised that Dean was let go, but I am surprised he's part of the cast for BIP. Thought he might be the choice for the next Bachelor of the four guys remaining. Now I'm thinking it may end up being Bryan that gets the gig if he's not selected by Rachel. I wouldn't like Eric or Peter for that role. So if it isn't Bryan maybe they'll go to someone from last season, Luke maybe, or whatever the rancher/cowboy's name was. Heck, they'd probably pick Bryan just so they could have his Mom on again. She was entertaining.

Did anyone notice the room they had the rose ceremony in looked like the same one used when Brad Womack was down to his final four women and let Shawntel go?

Glad it's down to the final three. The season's been ho-hum for me. Ready for BIP, and pre-season NFL football.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM

3,446 posts, read 4,737,752 times
They have said the ratings are down this season by over 24% in the 18 - 34 age range and 15% in the 18-49 demographic.
'The Bachelorette': How Millennials Are Failing Rachel Lindsay's Season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV