Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I just finished the season.

I've always loved the character Freida, and was so glad to see her get more screen time this season! But, I forget what her crime was. Obviously she's a lifer. What did she do, did we see yet? I enjoyed seeing her childhood scenes.

Other than that, it was just a "meh" season for me. I began to think that OITNB has skewed more towards comedy to be eligible for that category at the award shows.
I love Freida! She's just a no-nonsense, git 'er done kind of person. Albeit with a few murders under her belt.

That said, I ended up loving this season. As of about epi 4, I was bored and thinking . . maybe this show has had it's run.

But then it just kept getting better. I really enjoyed getting to know a bit about (I can't remember his name right now but the gay guard who ripped Red's hair out). What made him the way he is. I didn't like the part where he ripped her hair out though.

There are certain characters that I am totally bored with - the two druggies getting their last 'high' at the end. Totally sick of them.

Suzanne can also get on my nerves when she goes off but I guess that's the story. She gets on everyone's nerves but still they take care of her.

The actress who did all the negotiating did a great job this season - trying to do right for her dead friend. I think that last decision was a mistake but . . hindsight is 20/20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,623,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I love Freida! She's just a no-nonsense, git 'er done kind of person. Albeit with a few murders under her belt.

That said, I ended up loving this season. As of about epi 4, I was bored and thinking . . maybe this show has had it's run.

But then it just kept getting better. I really enjoyed getting to know a bit about (I can't remember his name right now but the gay guard who ripped Red's hair out). What made him the way he is. I didn't like the part where he ripped her hair out though.

There are certain characters that I am totally bored with - the two druggies getting their last 'high' at the end. Totally sick of them.

Suzanne can also get on my nerves when she goes off but I guess that's the story. She gets on everyone's nerves but still they take care of her.
Ugh those stupid meth-heads. They got way too much air time but I agree with you - it got better after episode 4.

I didn't see what made that guard the way he is. All I saw was he was a psycho at his first prison guard job too.

Quote:
The actress who did all the negotiating did a great job this season - trying to do right for her dead friend. I think that last decision was a mistake but . . hindsight is 20/20.
That killed me. She did SO WELL. I was all go, Tasty, go! Right up to that last decision, as you said. That was so terrible I was all NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,478,580 times
I finished off Season 5. Definitely a 'meh' season. I did like Frieda though.

So now we are left waiting for season 6 where we are left to believe everyone will be housed in different prisons for a while? Forever?
We have the Asian lady and the hillbilly MIA.

The 2 latinos who are in deep chit with the other inmates and that will follow them to any prison they land in.

Piper and the the other chick (can't remember her name) can fade off into oblivion for all I care. So done with them and their characters.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:03 AM

5,444 posts, read 7,018,797 times
My wife and I are about half way through this season and parts of me are worried for the show. I have to wonder if it is going to go the way of Weeds. You know, a few great seasons, but then dragged off into crapness. The part that is really bothering me this season is the woman with her underground bunker. Come on, a doorway through a locker takes her through some halls and into a giant room with what looks like an unfilled pool? It is just completely silly that this would even be there.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,261,002 times
We have 4 episodes left to go. Early on we were concerned about the format of 13 episodes covering just a few short days but at this point we are both happy with the format.

I have enjoyed the show but if they decided to wrap it up with a season 6 and call it a series I would be OK with it.
Even though I guess they have committed to a season 7 as well.

Last edited by craig11152; 06-19-2017 at 11:06 AM..

Old 06-19-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
My wife and I are about half way through this season and parts of me are worried for the show. I have to wonder if it is going to go the way of Weeds. You know, a few great seasons, but then dragged off into crapness. The part that is really bothering me this season is the woman with her underground bunker. Come on, a doorway through a locker takes her through some halls and into a giant room with what looks like an unfilled pool? It is just completely silly that this would even be there.
They explained that, but I mean, this show has NEVER been realistic, so there is that.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I finished off Season 5. Definitely a 'meh' season. I did like Frieda though.

So now we are left waiting for season 6 where we are left to believe everyone will be housed in different prisons for a while? Forever?
We have the Asian lady and the hillbilly MIA.

The 2 latinos who are in deep chit with the other inmates and that will follow them to any prison they land in.

Piper and the the other chick (can't remember her name) can fade off into oblivion for all I care. So done with them and their characters.
For me, I was very pleased with the level of Piper and Voz (sp?). I think even 5 more minutes of them would be too much. They made a mistake having Piper as the primary focus so long. SO many other great characters!

What they did show I thought was nice.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
Finished the season. While I found the increasing depth of some of the characters to be interesting, I didn't find the season as a whole to be as good as the other seasons. However, I LOVED Tasty's character development especially!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:21 AM

14,727 posts, read 14,709,210 times
Like the last Jenji Kohen series (Weeds), this one will likely go two seasons too long and lose all the charm that made people watch it in the first place. The line between entertainment and ridiculousness usually gets stretched way too thin by the end of her shows.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:32 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,131,458 times
Very disappointed with this season. I think it will be my last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV