Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

Josh is, without a doubt, a little kid in an adult body. not sure what type of life his family provided for him, but he comes across as a mean momma's boy type. Always talking ****, but when it comes back at him, he'd run home crying. Basically what he's been doing in the house since day 1 LOL.

Yelling at everybody, banging on pots and pans. But as soon as somebody says something to him, he calls them names and then goes to find a quite place to have a cry.

That said, I definitely don't forgive his shenanigans, but Josh's "meanness" does have sort of an harmlessness to it...if that makes sense. He's a spoiled little boy, basically. Give him some cookies and milk, and he'd be your best friend. Cody's "meanness" comes from a place of arrogance, superiority, and judgement. He feels like none of the peasants in the house are even worth his time, they're all beneath him. Seeing Cody literally shaking with rage, frustrated that he could not physically attack Josh, shows you who he is deep.

And of course I think to myself, it's only being in the house that does this. Everybody starts to lose it somewhat after being trapped in a house, surrounded by people you don't trust. That would cause crazy behavior. But in Cody's case, he said himself he isn't close to any of his family. He also said he doesn't even any friends. Seems like people don't like to be around him in real life, too.

I don't know, I just don't like mean people I guess. I mean, looking at all of Josh's behavior in the house, and I'd just be like "geez, that guy is an idiot" and shake my head. But Cody's behavior in the house and the way he talks to people, I'd be like "holy **** that guy's crazy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 01:25 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I'm with you JKK, if you can't take it don't dish it. Just because Cody used words instead of actions I don't think he did anything worse than Josh.
Josh never threatened someone with bodily harm or threatened to defame someone once they get outside of the house. Cody either is clueless that people are watching this and won't believe a word he says or he doesn't care.

Pots and pans are annoying, being threatened physically is another.

I want to say Cody is doing this to self evict, but I honestly don't think he has the mental capacity to do stuff like this. It's just who he is, socially awkward and lacking any self awareness.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
If anyone can somehow find sympathy for a bully when he gets some consequences above and beyond what he dished out, that is a mindset alien to me, and one I will never understand. Then again, I live in a country that at heart, loves the bully and hates the victim. If you've survived it as a young person, when everyone and every authority you turned to more or less told you to suck it up (or even sided openly with your bully), then you know. If you haven't, it's like combat--those who were there know how it felt, and the rest of us do not. All I can say to those who can't comprehend it is that I'm happy for you that you can't. Don't go wishing you could, because it's not any fun if you can.

So I hope Cody gives him every form of retaliation he chooses, no matter how brutal and permanent, and I hope that it goes to a jury trial, and I hope that one single survivor ends up on that jury, and says: "There simply will not be a conviction. I refuse. Acquit him or accept a hung jury, but this survivor isn't going to be bullied into cooperation. I learned in a tough school." As a player, Cody disappoints me, but when Josh started the pots-and-pans dah-da-dada dada stuff, and the constant insults, he entered my Evil Dick Zone (for the same reason and by the same means), in which there is literally no fate I would not wish on him. And I am absolutely not sorry about that.

And if people find that profoundly disturbing, maybe that gives them an idea of why it's worth thinking about the impact of bullying, and why those who bully shouldn't get any sympathy. The bullies are this mentality's authors, and apologizing for them enables them. Support the bully--stick up for Josh in this case--and it leads here. If one wishes for less unforgiving malice in the human race, it begins with realizing that a bully getting a consequence is justice, and sometimes that consequence is outsize. Outsize consequences can penetrate even skulls as thick and vacant as Josh's. So can blunt instruments.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:06 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
If anyone can somehow find sympathy for a bully when he gets some consequences above and beyond what he dished out, that is a mindset alien to me, and one I will never understand. Then again, I live in a country that at heart, loves the bully and hates the victim. If you've survived it as a young person, when everyone and every authority you turned to more or less told you to suck it up (or even sided openly with your bully), then you know. If you haven't, it's like combat--those who were there know how it felt, and the rest of us do not. All I can say to those who can't comprehend it is that I'm happy for you that you can't. Don't go wishing you could, because it's not any fun if you can.

So I hope Cody gives him every form of retaliation he chooses, no matter how brutal and permanent, and I hope that it goes to a jury trial, and I hope that one single survivor ends up on that jury, and says: "There simply will not be a conviction. I refuse. Acquit him or accept a hung jury, but this survivor isn't going to be bullied into cooperation. I learned in a tough school." As a player, Cody disappoints me, but when Josh started the pots-and-pans dah-da-dada dada stuff, and the constant insults, he entered my Evil Dick Zone (for the same reason and by the same means), in which there is literally no fate I would not wish on him. And I am absolutely not sorry about that.

And if people find that profoundly disturbing, maybe that gives them an idea of why it's worth thinking about the impact of bullying, and why those who bully shouldn't get any sympathy. The bullies are this mentality's authors, and apologizing for them enables them. Support the bully--stick up for Josh in this case--and it leads here. If one wishes for less unforgiving malice in the human race, it begins with realizing that a bully getting a consequence is justice, and sometimes that consequence is outsize. Outsize consequences can penetrate even skulls as thick and vacant as Josh's. So can blunt instruments.
I agree with some of this, but please tell me what Josh has said or done that's worse than being threatened with bodily harm and attacking their character after the show is over?

If anything, Cody has entered the Evil Dick zone, and probably has stepped beyond that. I don't think he ever said he was going to beat someone up.

Let's not forget, we're at this point b/c Cody started this the first two weeks of the season.

Edit: You're basically saying it's ok for Cody to threaten Josh with bodily harm b/c Josh banged two pots together.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Edit: You're basically saying it's ok for Cody to threaten Josh with bodily harm b/c Josh banged two pots together.
No. I am not 'basically saying' anything. I can speak in my own words, thank you, and I do not require paraphrasing to make me say something different in altered words. I am saying it's okay for Cody to do Josh bodily harm--because Josh sustainedly harassed him, to the the point of unbearable and focused bullying obnoxiousness. If Cody hasn't actually harmed Josh, Josh got off easy, and being dumber than a sack of wet nickels, probably won't learn this time. Probably never will.

One bang or two of pots is different than hour after hour. I would last about ten minutes, and then I'd be doing life. If all Josh got in return is threatened--with anything--Josh ought to fall on his knees and be grateful he didn't even get hurt. I look at Mark as having miraculous, amazing restraint. He ripped the pans away and didn't even use one.

I don't remember where Cody did anything involving hours and hours of sustained pot-banging and harassment. Did I miss something?

As for Josh's character after the show, I think it'll be pretty hard to make look worse than Josh himself has made it look. But I hope Cody tries and succeeds.

I get that you don't agree. Fine. I do not expect most people to agree.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:10 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
Josh is a simpleton and Cody just doesn't have the time or patience for that sort. Makes sense to me. Something I still am trying to understand though is how CBS is allowing the term "meatball" to be thrown around as I always understood that to be a derrogatory ethnic slur.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:16 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Wink And now back to SPOILERS

TMZ was just reporting on some unladylike behavior by Jessica on the men and at least one woman in the house. WOW !!
Wonder if any of this will air this week???

'Big Brother' Houseguests Furious Over Unwanted Butt Poking | TMZ.com

Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Josh is a simpleton and Cody just doesn't have the time or patience for that sort. Makes sense to me. Something I still am trying to understand though is how CBS is allowing the term "meatball" to be thrown around as I always understood that to be a derrogatory ethnic slur.
Against which ethnicity? Swedish? No sarcasm intended; I sincerely have never heard it used as an ethnic slur. I would think it was meant to insult a large, muscular male. Which Josh somewhat is (had fun watching him take the hosing in the sack tonight on OTEV), but granted others are more so...then again, perhaps Josh is quite capable of using for someone else a slur that also could apply to himself.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:17 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
"Meatball" is an insult to Italian people and others...A stupid, tedious person; an obnoxious or disgusting person; creep, jerk: ''How come?'' ''Because he's a meatball''
Meatball | Define Meatball at Dictionary.com

A few years ago many of these mean spirited and childish antics would have contestants thrown out of the game. Today the producers ignore it for the ratings.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:21 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
TMZ was just reporting on some unladylike behavior by Jessica on the men and at least one woman in the house. WOW !!
Wonder if any of this will air this week???

'Big Brother' Houseguests Furious Over Unwanted Butt Poking | TMZ.com
In the most bizarre "article" I've ever read online, TMZ wrote about butt poking going on in the house. To add, they said that the HG's are "furious" (they're not lol) about Jessica poking butts with her finger.

What TMZ failed to report (as if this story even needed to be reported) is that Paul has done the same thing to Mark, as Matt has "vagina punched" Jessica and in a separate incident, Matt encouraged Jess to grab Raven's ass.

The story they should be reporting on, is about Raven and her alleged scams that her and her mother pull via GoFundMe fundraising. (Find out more by searching for #RavenExposedParty on Twitter).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV