Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM

35,155 posts, read 57,308,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I certainly hope this is not the series finale and Bravo renews this show. The name of the show is Flipping Out for a reason, it's because Jeff FLIPS OUT all the time, it's the whole basis for the show.
Lea Black did Jeff no favors with her presentation at his office. Jenni did say that working for JLD has been humiliating as an actress. Hmmm, did she think Jeff didn't hear her say that? In the car she pretty much blamed Jeff for the fact that she is not an A-List actress in Hollywood. That is not his fault. There was no Nicholas Cage movie so she was lying. Did Jeff have to be so harsh and continually call her a liar? No, but his feelings were hurt too. They've had arguments like this in the past so I'm pretty sure she probably thought that they would just cool off for a week and then apologize to each other and then move on. Nope, Jeff doesn't want to be responsible for holding her back in her acting career so it was time to say goodbye.
Here's the thing though, Jeff hasn't been paying her to work for him for years. She only "works" for him when they are filming. So she is playing a part in a reality show and has been being paid by Bravo. I don't think this show needs Jenni. The show only needs Jeff & Gage and whatever crazy people that are willing to work for them.
How do you know Jennie’s lying? How does Jeff? You and he don’t. No one with any common decency or manners would openly and publicly call someone a liar multiple times in front of others and on camera. Why would Jenni lie on camera? She explained the opportunity and why she did not pursue it. She was obligated to be attached to the show and though she does not work for Jeff, he had to approve her taking the time off. Given his personality and his ego, I can see why she did not pursue it. Maybe she was wrong not to talk to him about but that is no excuse for Jeff calling her out. None.

Do people even know that it was Jenni and her first husband, Chris Elwood that brought the show to Bravo. They concieved it as a show about two young actors trying to make it in showbusiness. They just happened to be working for Jeff at the time. The executives liked what they saw but changed the shows focus from the actors to Jeff. That is why Jenni stuck around and put up with so much. Does that not mean he should be respectful? Even then there is no reason that he should have treated her or anyone so poorly. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:27 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,237,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
How do you know Jennie’s lying? How does Jeff? You and he don’t. No one with any common decency or manners would openly and publicly call someone a liar multiple times in front of others and on camera. Why would Jenni lie on camera? She explained the opportunity and why she did not pursue it. She was obligated to be attached to the show and though she does not work for Jeff, he had to approve her taking the time off. Given his personality and his ego, I can see why she did not pursue it. Maybe she was wrong not to talk to him about but that is no excuse for Jeff calling her out. None.

Do people even know that it was Jenni and her first husband, Chris Elwood that brought the show to Bravo. They concieved it as a show about two young actors trying to make it in showbusiness. They just happened to be working for Jeff at the time. The executives liked what they saw but changed the shows focus from the actors to Jeff. That is why Jenni stuck around and put up with so much. Does that not mean he should be respectful? Even then there is no reason that he should have treated her or anyone so poorly. Jay
She said she said herself that in her mind she knew she would have gotten the role in the movie had she pursued it. That is not the same thing as she for sure 100% had the part in the movie. It was a feeling she got.
I am aware that is was Jenni and Chris that had the concept for the show. I think he was on Punk'd after Jeff fired him.
Jeff did apologize to Jenni and explained himself. She accepted his apology. I can just see where Jeff was coming from and I believe I said he didn't need to talk to her like that. Now Jenni has the opportunity to work on her craft full time, if that's what she wants. It certainly seemed like that is what she was saying.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:04 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,035,850 times
OK. Let me get this straight, not having watched this season. Jenni not an employee of Jeff's. She is being paid, by a third party, and only in his office when being filmed for the show. Now, is that an accurate description of her role? She no real say in design or decorating decisions?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
OK. Let me get this straight, not having watched this season. Jenni not an employee of Jeff's. She is being paid, by a third party, and only in his office when being filmed for the show. Now, is that an accurate description of her role? She no real say in design or decorating decisions?
Correct, for the last three seasons she only "works for Jeff" while filming the show and she is paid by Bravo, not Jeff.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:03 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,035,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Correct, for the last three seasons she only "works for Jeff" while filming the show and she is paid by Bravo, not Jeff.
So, everything she's involved in, for intents and purposes, are scripted.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
So, everything she's involved in, for intents and purposes, are scripted.
Not exactly. She and her ex husband are responsible for Flipping Out being a show. I think she wanted to stop working for Jeff 3 years ago but Bravo wanted her to still be on the show. Jeff allowed her to "quit" working for him. So she doesn't work for about 7 months out of the year but films Flipping Out for 5. There may be some stuff on the show that is producer driven but that argument that she and Jeff got in was not fake or scripted by any means. That was real, Jeff ending their working relationship was real. She could still work for Bravo, just not with Jeff.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:09 AM

23,922 posts, read 33,766,592 times
Jeff Lewis and Jenni Pulos' Final Words About Their Friendship on the Flipping Out Finale

Quote:
As of Tuesday, Flipping Out had not yet been renewed for a twelfth season. Lewis said on Jeff Lewis Live that his contract with Bravo was not renewed before an Oct. 15 deadline. He later clarified that his contract’s expiration doesn’t necessarily mean the show had been canceled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV