Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 05:20 PM

44,433 posts, read 20,200,157 times

Advertisements

Crap shows that I can't believe ever took off? The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I can't believe audiences actually think those "relationships" are real. No one behaves normally when they're in front of a camera crew and know that hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people will eventually watch their most intimate moments on TV. What a crock!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:39 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,266,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That role was originally conceived for Bruce Lee, but the network wouldn't cast an Asian in a lead role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_F...;s_involvement
That would have solved the non Chinese appearance problem, but remaining would have been the problem that every single week the plot was basically a remake of Billy Jack. Pacifist endures a lot of crap while remaining non violent, finally the people that he cares about that week are threatened and he resolves it all by going chopsocky city on the bad guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 05:56 PM

22,995 posts, read 28,465,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
... the problem that every single week the plot was basically a remake of Billy Jack. Pacifist endures a lot of crap while remaining non violent, finally the people that he cares about that week are threatened and he resolves it all by going chopsocky city on the bad guys.
Joe Bob Briggs's summary of Billy Jack: "I am gonna teach these people peace, love, and understanding if I have to kick every ass in town!"

Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 AM

268 posts, read 101,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
Hey, no dissing Mr. Ed. That was high quality tv for its time!..... Note, I was only 4 or 5 when I was watching it. At the time, shows like Mr. Ed, My Favorite Martian and the Beverly Hillbillies seemed like Emmy Award level entertainment

Lol, ah ok, nostalgia, I understand, but still, a talking horse?, the star of a TV show on network television?, I still cant believe that took off, in that case My Mother the Car should have been a hit, lol (jk)

Old 01-28-2019, 05:55 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,430,962 times
- Lost
- Designated Survivor
- Breaking Up Together
- Keeping up with the Kardashians

Old 01-28-2019, 02:42 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,242,567 times
doogie howser. lasted four seasons.

yeah yeah, i watched it sometimes back in the day and it was amusing at times and i got a kick out of it. but it's so silly. a 14 year old licensed physician. come on now...

Old 01-28-2019, 03:22 PM

17,754 posts, read 15,539,867 times
Gilligan's Island. Hard to believe that people kept watching over and over.. I mean, it's not like they were getting off the island. It's a silly premise.. But it worked.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:31 PM

2,293 posts, read 1,441,417 times
There was a show a few years ago called The Neighbors about a family of humans unknowingly (at first) living among a community of aliens in New Jersey. I remember seeing the promos and thought it looked so dumb. Then I watched it and thought it was absolutely hilarious and clever. It lasted maybe two or three seasons. Still wish it was on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=7UmVaDP94N4

Old 01-28-2019, 06:15 PM

179 posts, read 150,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
This isn't exactly what you're going for but my vote goes to The Dome. It was supposed to be a one-off, limited episode summer filler show that wrapped everything up in a season. However, I guess it got just popular enough they decided to milk another season. It was not great but I stuck w/ the first season to see how it ended. Once they announced S2 I never did tune back in to find out what it was all about. Just wasn't that good. Still don't know what the Dome was...Lol!

I didn't watch any of it. For some dumb reason, I read the book, and after many chapters, still thought it might get better and come to resolution. That's a chunk of my life I'll never get back. My reason for giving up on that author.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:09 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,790,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
My mother the Car.

I saw this show as a rerun sometime recently. Indeed, awful.
It is worse than Mr. Ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV