Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 09:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,289,123 times

Advertisements

I missed the first responders commercial. I will go to YouTube to see it, if it's up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 10:35 AM

1,013 posts, read 735,970 times
I liked the NFL legends ad, the elevator ad and first responders ad. Husband’s favorite was the Budweiser ad with the dog on the beer wagon with Bob Dylan singing “Blowin’ In The Wind”.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:30 PM

157 posts, read 92,067 times
I missed some of these being mentioned in here like the Bateman elevator ad; it was pretty good. Overall I thought--and even commented last night--how lame a year it was for SB commercials. NFL 100 was the best and other than that...meh. Even the Big Lebowski (whom I love) spot wasn't great. I detested the cell phone spots...trying to convince us they're human after years of overcharging and underserving...lol!

Interesting that Romo is being bashed here. It's widely reported today that he was the one bright spot in an otherwise unloved game. I don't mind him; not my favorite color guy but he'll do.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,460,710 times
I was catching up on True Detective when I realized that it was almost halftime. I turned to the half time show. I thought it was a comedy skit at first. Then I realized it was REALLY Adam Levine. I don't know about the game but the half time show was horrible. I like the Handmaid's sneak peek commercial.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:49 PM

24,793 posts, read 17,529,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
I missed some of these being mentioned in here like the Bateman elevator ad; it was pretty good. Overall I thought--and even commented last night--how lame a year it was for SB commercials. NFL 100 was the best and other than that...meh. Even the Big Lebowski (whom I love) spot wasn't great. I detested the cell phone spots...trying to convince us they're human after years of overcharging and underserving...lol!

Interesting that Romo is being bashed here. It's widely reported today that he was the one bright spot in an otherwise unloved game. I don't mind him; not my favorite color guy but he'll do.

Who isn't tired of the cell phone commercials? Why don't they stop spending millions of dollars for ads and instead offer discounts? Money will persuade more people than some silly ad.

Romo is annoying but he knows his stuff, most of the time. What gets me about him whenever he was commentating a regular season Patriots team he was always telling the opposing team how to win but he didn't say much when it came to the Patriots. Maybe they didn't need his help?

It seems like the elevator ad with Jason Bateman was the most popular and I agree.

I still think it silly and unnecessary for a celebrity to make a cameo in a commercial. It used to be that an actor that was looking to make some rent money would go over seas to pitch something knowing that the ad would never air in America but now it is acceptable.

I don't need a celebrity endorsing a product for me to buy it.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,261,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is halftime at the Superbowl and so far the ads have been hit and miss. I don't know why the agencies feel the need to spend the money on a celebrity but they do. In others I can't believe they get the green light.
All of the commercials truly sucked, save one which was really funny, the Chunky-style Milk.

The funniest one ever is the All-State commercial based on the Butterfly-Effect.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:09 PM

26,926 posts, read 27,127,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
All of the commercials truly sucked, save one which was really funny, the Chunky-style Milk.
You can't say that this wasn't funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8T...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-04-2019, 04:52 PM

17,752 posts, read 15,539,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You can't say that this wasn't funny.

It was OK. I was hoping for more from an appearance of The Dude.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:39 PM

545 posts, read 414,958 times
Favorite commercial wasn't even an actual commercial at all. It was the promo for the new Twilight Zone created by Jordan Peele.

THAT will be interesting.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:47 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,580,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The only one I have liked is the one with all the football players. Half time was awful. Hoping Rams win
This year most of them sucked, Except the one you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV