Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:19 AM

1,074 posts, read 647,594 times

Advertisements

Annoyed

MAFS has never once had an inter-racial couple since I have watched. They came close when the cute mixed guy married what's her name who ended up getting her own show. When I saw the trailers, I thought this was the season, but alas, no. I am going to have to quit watching if they can't get it together. I guarantee many of those that they put together did not have a preference on race.

That said, love the 2 basketball player boys!
Something slightly fake about the pretty mixed girl who is allegedly a virgin
No opinion on anyone else yet

Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 05:33 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,662,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Annoyed

MAFS has never once had an inter-racial couple since I have watched. They came close when the cute mixed guy married what's her name who ended up getting her own show. When I saw the trailers, I thought this was the season, but alas, no. I am going to have to quit watching if they can't get it together. I guarantee many of those that they put together did not have a preference on race.

That said, love the 2 basketball player boys!
Something slightly fake about the pretty mixed girl who is allegedly a virgin
No opinion on anyone else yet

Thoughts??

"...allegedly a virgin."

I smell shade. Come sit over here!

Old 06-13-2019, 07:40 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,928,698 times
Not sure why every show now has to put a label on being a “virgin”.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 PM

3,316 posts, read 3,073,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not sure why every show now has to put a label on being a “virgin”.
No kidding. She fussed about that white dress so much, I told my sister I'm sure she was disappointed there wasn't time to embroider "100% Virgin" and a downward pointing arrow on it.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:14 AM

1,074 posts, read 647,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
"...allegedly a virgin."

I smell shade. Come sit over here!
I try not to throw shade. And she is a cute girl. I just never buy the "virgin" thing....or at least I am skeptical of it.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
I try not to throw shade. And she is a cute girl. I just never buy the "virgin" thing....or at least I am skeptical of it.
I believe her, and think that it's wonderful that she waited for marriage, but I do think that seems inconsistent with getting married to a stranger. Waiting for marriage usually connotes a desire to have sex for the first time in the context of love and true commitment. With a stranger, she will have neither-- unless she keeps him waiting for quite a while. It will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:38 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,928,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
I believe her, and think that it's wonderful that she waited for marriage, but I do think that seems inconsistent with getting married to a stranger. Waiting for marriage usually connotes a desire to have sex for the first time in the context of love and true commitment. With a stranger, she will have neither-- unless she keeps him waiting for quite a while. It will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.
I agree with you...kind of weird to be a virgin and basically having sex the minute you get married to a stranger as that will make it ok!

It almost makes you wonder that the show needs to have someone stay next to the bed to check if that Virgin thing is even true..like back in the days/history, when royals had someone check the sheets to see if the female was truly a virgin or she would be beheaded or other cruel way to die. Just brought up as an example as to me it is nuts to go on TV and keep saying “I’m a virgin”. Does that mean that others are bad people?

Old 06-19-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you...kind of weird to be a virgin and basically having sex the minute you get married to a stranger as that will make it ok!

It almost makes you wonder that the show needs to have someone stay next to the bed to check if that Virgin thing is even true..like back in the days/history, when royals had someone check the sheets to see if the female was truly a virgin or she would be beheaded or other cruel way to die. Just brought up as an example as to me it is nuts to go on TV and keep saying “I’m a virgin”. Does that mean that others are bad people?
I don't think she means to imply that others are bad. 27-year-old virgins are unusual in this day and age, so the production is playing it up. It's "reality" tv, and I get that. She probably doesn't talk about it very much in ordinary life. Why would she?

Old 06-19-2019, 08:31 PM

What do you think of the couples?

So far, I'm open-minded about all but Jamie and Elizabeth. She seems loud and trashy, and just rubs me the wrong way. I guess we'll see if that's his thing.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 AM

4,792 posts, read 4,501,147 times
I just caught most of it last night, and while in the past, this show has not gotten me hooked ( I just watch it sporadically and with not much interest) this season looks a bit more promising.
I really enjoyed the couples and thought they looked promising as well. I am not too good with names, but the very attractive black couple (virgin lady) seemed to be the real deal to me.

As a side note, I do wish someone would do a glossary of who is who for easy following. Any volunteers??

I guess from the comment above that the couple with the guy with the shaved/bald head and the louder female, although they are singing each other's praises and seem very attracted ----at the moment------ they seem that longevity is not going to happen for them. She does seem rather LOUD and brash.

The other couple with the TALL guy and the short woman whose mother is a lesbian... well I don't exactly see it but they seem to be quite happy with each other and they both seemed to be full of issues. We will see if they bond or break from those.
The other black couple I guess I didn't see enough to get a feel for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV