Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times

Advertisements

I am sorry for your loss too, Eggalegga. I had Gracie going on 14 years. My two kitties before her for 18. HereOnMars is correct, they do become family.

I hope Baretta didn't mind a little bit of thread hijacking here regarding our pet losses. Gracie was a "Days" fan too. We used to watch together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 01:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
...Ciara is a brat. Would love to see what kind of teen she's going to turn into ... if the show is on the air, by then.

I couldn't agree more, and find myself saying that over and over and over again. I've never seen a kid's character with more guile than this one--hiding that envelope long ago, knowing she shouldn't have kept the first earring, grabbing the back pack from Sammi, telling her mother, "Says who?" Huh? That kid doesn't know who's the parent and who's the child. IMO, she's a very unappealing character.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I couldn't agree more, and find myself saying that over and over and over again. I've never seen a kid's character with more guile than this one--hiding that envelope long ago, knowing she shouldn't have kept the first earring, grabbing the back pack from Sammi, telling her mother, "Says who?" Huh? That kid doesn't know who's the parent and who's the child. IMO, she's a very unappealing character.
If I'd tried to say that to my mom when I was a kid, I would've been spanked.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's the problem right there. The parents never made her see who the parents were and who the child was. I think ever since Ciara was kidnapped Hope got really lax on the parenting and allowed her to get away with anything and everything. If I remember correctly, she and Bo even had a couple of arguments about that.

Then Bo left and Hope felt guilty so she excused Ciara every thing she did. Ciara isn't stupid. She used all this to manipulate Hope. Now Hope has a real spoiled brat on her hands.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:52 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
That's right. I forgot about that. Wasn't it a letter telling her some dangerous criminal was headed to Salem. I think the guy held one of the women hostage. My memory is fuzzy but I remember Hope never knew about it because Ciara hid the envelope on the bookshelf because her mom promised to take her to the zoo and she didn't want "her plans" to be interrupted. I guess you could say that kid gets on my nerve. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
If I'd tried to say that to my mom when I was a kid, I would've been spanked.
Me too

Old 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
Quote:
That's right. I forgot about that. Wasn't it a letter telling her some dangerous criminal was headed to Salem. I think the guy held one of the women hostage. My memory is fuzzy but I remember Hope never knew about it because Ciara hid the envelope on the bookshelf because her mom promised to take her to the zoo and she didn't want "her plans" to be interrupted. I guess you could say that kid gets on my nerve. lol
It was a letter from the prison regarding the upcoming release of a convict. That convict is the one who was after Nick, but ended up attacking Rafe by mistake. Rafe was carrying a bag from Gabi's favorite bakery with blueberry muffins or something. I think that's why the idiot ex-con mistook him for Nick. I guess he overhead Nick was going to be getting said muffins for Gabi. I don't remember the exact details. Wait, maybe I'm mixing my stories up. Maybe the ex con was the one who was in the woods/mountains chasing after Nick, Will, Sonny & Gabi when Gabi went into labor. Great. Now I'm confusing myself.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
It was a letter from the prison regarding the upcoming release of a convict. That convict is the one who was after Nick, but ended up attacking Rafe by mistake. Rafe was carrying a bag from Gabi's favorite bakery with blueberry muffins or something. I think that's why the idiot ex-con mistook him for Nick. I guess he overhead Nick was going to be getting said muffins for Gabi. I don't remember the exact details. Wait, maybe I'm mixing my stories up. Maybe the ex con was the one who was in the woods/mountains chasing after Nick, Will, Sonny & Gabi when Gabi went into labor. Great. Now I'm confusing myself.
Yeah, that's it. The guy was being released and was after Nick. Hope didn't get the info because the letter was secretly put there by Ciara.

Is that the same guy that beat up Rafe, too? Don't feel bad. I'm as confused as you are. There was so much emphasis on how Stefano was involved in the hospital attack on Rafe, I'd completely forgotten how Rafe ended up in the hospital, to begin with.

On another note ... I think Nick is even worse now than he was before. Everyone he's threatening should just ban together and deny everything. Nick wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I'm still not sure how Percy (the birdwatcher) is involved in all this. The storyline is lame and I haven't been paying much attention (if at all) to the show, lately.

Also, I wish the writers hadn't put Daniel and Jennifer back together. Each would be better off with someone else. I'm just not feeling any chemistry with them. But, JJ is sure changing. I'm growing quite fond of him. Anyone who can play a guitar is aces in my book. lol

Old 03-03-2014, 04:35 PM

It kind of makes me mad how they are downplaying the fact that Nick attacked Gabi which is what started the whole hitting him in the head with a rock thing in the first place. She could press her own charges against Nick.

Just hearing about the story does not make the Will and Sonny accessories after-the-fact as Nick told them they would be. They were not witnesses. If I remember my criminal law, and I do, that's simply hearsay. Either Nick knows that and is bluffing and is depending upon Sonny and Will's ignorance or Nick isn't as smart as he makes out to be.

On the other hand, Percy the bird man took pictures of the women dumping Nick's body in the lake. He is really the one who is the accessory-after-the fact because he has evidence of a crime that he withheld by not bringing it to the police. He is also a witness to the crime which makes it even worse.

Nick committed a crime by not reporting it. You don't just "forgive" an attempted murder as he claims to be doing. You have to report a felony even if you don't want to press charges otherwise you are an accessory to the crime. If Nick is calling the dumping in the lake a murder, he is guilty being an accessory to a felony crime by not reporting it. If he is not calling it attempted murder, he has nothing on Gabi.

So who's the criminal here?

Old 03-03-2014, 06:15 PM

You're making too much sense here, Minervah. Evidentally, the show has no legal "expert" to guide the writers through this crazy storyline. lol I still think all the players in this secret should just deny everything, leaving Nick to twiddle his thumbs. Deny deny deny. A criminal's mantra. Oh and Gabi is a ditz. Just sayin'

Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
You're making too much sense here, Minervah. Evidently, the show has no legal "expert" to guide the writers through this crazy storyline. lol I still think all the players in this secret should just deny everything, leaving Nick to twiddle his thumbs. Deny deny deny. A criminal's mantra. Oh and Gabi is a ditz. Just sayin'
Yeah, I know. I shouldn't but it drives me crazy because their legal premises are always so off kilter. LOL! I agree, they just should just tell Nick to take a hike. Better they stick to the silly love stories. Those are much more entertaining.

Gabi is a super ditz. She would be so much better off with T. He is a cutie. I hope they can find him someone who isn't at total flake someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV