Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2021, 11:05 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,243,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Harry has done serious harm to his family and country. The blokes and officers in the British military see him as a traitor. It's treason. "To England!" is a powerful cry of patriotism. Harry is a disgrace to his country.
I feel bad for him. I mean, picture your entire upbringing being colored by your ascribed position and how you are perceived by the press. You don’t actually get to choose whether you want fame, you just inherit it. You also have to follow a bunch of stupid arcane rules and are discouraged from having any sort of unique or colorful personality. Seriously, just take a moment and think about that.

Everyone says blah blah blah he’s privileged he shouldn’t complain but what exactly is his basis of comparison?

And after what happened with his mom, with whom I would bet my bottom dollar he was much closer than his father, he probably didn’t get the therapy he needed because of “bad optics.” So ridiculous.

I don’t think he is a victim of Meghan like some people do. I think he found exactly what he was looking for in her. I mean, he was dating in Canada at the time and clearly didn’t care about the pedigree of any potential match. I do think he’s put himself in a precarious position. The royal family has a poor track record with long term marriage viability and he’s put all his eggs in one basket with Meghan. I don’t want to see him crawling back to England with his tail between his legs. I hope things work out for him because I do feel for him.

Maybe he will be regarded as a traitor but I do believe he has valid feelings about his father and brother and the royal family in general, and I applaud his courage for speaking about it.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:23 PM

15,552 posts, read 10,541,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So, her hurt feelings were the reason for this internationally televised slam against the Royal Family? I've been trying to figure out the WHY.

I say baloney. The interview was done to keep their name front and center in furtherance of their business ventures going forward. Using the term "their" loosely here, because I get the sense Meghan is running the show. If they don't want the press talking about them, stop talking. It's not rocket science. But, of course, that is not the agenda at all. Certainly not Meghan's agenda.

I hope Harry is able to reinvent himself. He's lost everything, imo.
I agree, they are just trying to promote their business adventures. So far, it's working out fairly well, they are making tons of money.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:15 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,691,388 times
Part of the purpose of the interview was to promote their new business (productions? experience?) yet in the first few minutes when she denied knowing anything about Harry being a Prince when she started dating him and NEVER googled him nor had any idea of the monarchy and their traditions...come on! Even those of us who don't follow the Royals know about them!

Old 03-12-2021, 06:17 AM

4,741 posts, read 4,442,448 times
As with most things, I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe it's closer to one side and not 50/50 but I would say that for sure there are slights and hurts that MM has felt and been dealt.
I just find that the very act of doing the interview with Oprah is so questionable. For people concerned about their son's security, why would you bring more and more publicity to it?

Old 03-12-2021, 06:51 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,612,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Calling and having a therapist come over? No, absolutely not. Didn't you watch The Crown?? When you're a family member in a monarchy, you don't get to just do whatever you feel like doing. Princess Margaret couldn't even marry who she wanted to!

The Crown is not a documentary; it is a drama about the House of Windsor that includes some facts and some fiction. Princess Margaret would have been allowed to marry Townsend if she had been willing to lose the income and (as I remember) the title of Princess. Also, that was back in the 50's, over 60 years ago. The royal family has changed enough to allow the second son of the heir to the throne to marry a divorced woman (Megan Markle) and give them a huge and very nice wedding, not to mention lots of money and perks while they were working for the monarchy.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:39 AM

2,106 posts, read 984,100 times
I wonder if some one had mentioned if the baby might be white , Would that be racist too ?

Old 03-12-2021, 08:01 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Calling and having a therapist come over? No, absolutely not. Didn't you watch The Crown?? When you're a family member in a monarchy, you don't get to just do whatever you feel like doing. Princess Margaret couldn't even marry who she wanted to!
And bringing in a civilian therapist who'd then be privy to the family's deep, dark secrets is a risky prospect.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:05 AM

9,543 posts, read 16,559,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I wonder if some one had mentioned if the baby might be white , Would that be racist too ?
Oh no that wouldn't be. Anymore than when most of us wonder. "What color will our baby's hair or eye color be. Wondering what color the skin would be is no different. It's a mixed race baby. Why wouldn't people wonder. There is no crime in that. Except for Politically correct fanatics, that one has to walk on egg shells dealing with them. It's a double standard. It's pathetic.

I think the whole family problem business, needs to be dealth with between all these family members. Not with Oprah or the rest of the world. Everyone including the Royals are entitled to some level of privacy, especially family matters of not getting along. When its a legal matter that is one thing, but these people basically do not get along and that is private.

Its a shame the Queen who is in her mid 90's or so I think, has to deal with this in her final years of life. I'm sorry for Harry and Megan to a point (and the point is getting narrower) but I wonder, did they even think of the toll all this would take on the Grandparents. I'm understanding many of the British people are disgusted with both Harry and Megan. If these 2 were my family and went on TV for the whole world to see. I'm not sure I would want any part of them again. Harry has to come to terms with He married Megan, the Royal Family didn't recruit her for him. He should have left the Royal Family before he married her, if that is what his plan was to do.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:31 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,086,234 times
He could have left the RF with Chelsey and ended up a lot happier - and a lot less annoying!

Old 03-12-2021, 08:52 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,342,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
He could have left the RF with Chelsey and ended up a lot happier - and a lot less annoying!
In all honesty, if there is merit to people's speculation of his desire to renounce his royal patronage, he could have done that before marriage, while single, at any time.

Either he is weak willed and needed a woman to help him "escape" (how else do you get out of being trapped?) or he is weak willed and a woman twisted everything about his life into something abject and he was led away. Either way it doesn't look good for him.

--Side note--
Undoubtedly both Meghan and Harry were hounded for this story, look at the ratings, and in the UK 82% of the population watched it when it aired. So people who are in this thread who are saying who cares... I mean really get a clue. One of the most famous families in the world, a scandal, etc of course people will talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV