Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 09:20 AM

9,920 posts, read 4,673,512 times

Advertisements

Both were either naive or rebellious where they thought they could reinvent the wheel. In others words it's a given that the family(royals) are pretentious and/or uppity. Also if she wants to go the reality tv route perhaps her and Harry should do a season of the Real House Wives of Beverly Hills.

I don't even need to hear names and I have no doubt as to the attitude and language shown at times. But I don't think the palace is on 24/7 mission to discriminate, discredit and rebuke Markle & friends.

The Kardashians are done so how 'Keeping Up With The Markles'

Old 03-12-2021, 09:29 AM

18,537 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Both were either naive or rebellious where they thought they could reinvent the wheel. In others words it's a given that the family(royals) are pretentious and/or uppity. Also if she wants to go the reality tv route perhaps her and Harry should do a season of the Real House Wives of Beverly Hills.

I don't even need to hear names and I have no doubt as to the attitude and language shown at times. But I don't think the palace is on 24/7 mission to discriminate, discredit and rebuke Markle & friends.

The Kardashians are done so how 'Keeping Up With The Markles'
aye but just singular is all about her not a couple and never will be.. this is Megs planning from a long time ago to further her dreams of being in politics even when she couldnt pass the exams to get in.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:55 AM

2,524 posts, read 2,078,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Good points. Harry was raised from birth what was expected. The royal lifestyle didn't feel restrictive. Unlike Megan from America. She felt restricted. Can't go make a movie in America if she wanted to. She has to be Harry's royal wife.

Harry doesn't seem to know what to do in America. This is where you can be whatever you want to be. Did he have any personal aspirations? Like being a teacher? Musician? Fly airplanes? You can aspire to whatever you want to be in America. Except, being a royal. You can't aspire to that. But he was raised only to be a royal, and not aspire to personal ambitions.

It was Megan that made him realize he was trapped. Leaving UK he could do whatever non-royal pursuits he wanted. They wanted to remain royals but live independent of the royal 'firm'. He thought maybe they could do that. Live anywhere they want, and get royal benefits, but only check in a few times a year to the Queen. Queen said no so fast.

So Harry didn't really have a way to 'find' his independent self away from the royal firm. That doesn't happen UNTIL you have completely become independent from them. THEN you can start finding out who your independent self really is. What Harry is doing is way more difficult then Megan. But she rarely talks about how difficult it is for him.

They are very media savvy. They knew they couldn't have a plain jane interview with Oprah. There had to be bombshells to get top press attention. To promote themselves. Some of this is planned imo.

So true, especially the last 2 paragraphs! "but she rarely talks about how difficult it is for him'

'There had to be bombshells to get top press attention'

jmo

Old 03-12-2021, 10:18 AM

21,981 posts, read 13,019,895 times
"Royal Housewives of Beverly Hills"

Old 03-12-2021, 10:40 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Undoubtedly both Meghan and Harry were hounded for this story, look at the ratings, and in the UK 82% of the population watched it when it aired. So people who are in this thread who are saying who cares... I mean really get a clue. One of the most famous families in the world, a scandal, etc of course people will talk.
I wonder, too, how many people who are so critical of Megan Markle in this interview feel/felt the same way about Diana's bombshell interview with Martin Bashir 25 years ago? Diana was mostly seen as brave and tragic for telling her truth, but wasn't she being just as opportunistic and self-promotional?

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-12-2021 at 11:14 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 10:58 AM

2,873 posts, read 1,153,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Whether or not Harry's blood is royal is still a matter of some debate. James Hewett?
My thoughts exactly. While Diana was no saint, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that she'd have kicked Harry's As* from here to Helena, had she lived to hear the mockery her son was making of the Royal family.
Disgraceful for him - and absolutely outrageous of his wife to make the allegations she has. She is nothing but low class.
As for Oprah, she capitalizes on ascribing the title "racist" to any viewpoint that does not align with hers. It appears that she's also fallen off the Weight Watchers bandwagon.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
My thoughts exactly. While Diana was no saint, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that she'd have kicked Harry's As* from here to Helena, had she lived to hear the mockery her son was making of the Royal family.
Disgraceful for him - and absolutely outrageous of his wife to make the allegations she has. She is nothing but low class.
As for Oprah, she capitalizes on ascribing the title "racist" to any viewpoint that does not align with hers. It appears that she's also fallen off the Weight Watchers bandwagon.
You know, if I had her money and power, I'd pay someone just to hang around and knock food out of my hand.

Diana was no saint but she also didn't pretend from what I could tell. What you saw was what you got. I mean, I think most people knew she was unhappy and not suited for the job (who would be, but I digress...) many years before the infamous interview. I also believe most people knew she was trying, and trying, and trying to fit into the role and into that marriage. And she was so young when she got engaged and got entangled with "the Firm." I always felt like so many people pitied her. I don't believe many people (myself included) pity Meghan Markle.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"Royal Housewives of Beverly Hills"
Disloyal Royals.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Your post very clearly illustrates why they did what they did. The hatred poured on her from the very beginning has been insane.
Not true I was very happy for Harry when he got engaged..I wanted him to be happy at last and wished them both well.. sadly it wasnt to last.. as I dont think Meghan can be happy anywhere with anyone..

Old 03-12-2021, 12:11 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,771,694 times
I do think Harry loves Meghan deeply. I think if it ends, it will be she who ends it. I hope that doesn't happen - I always liked Harry. But if it does, I do think his family would welcome him back with open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV