Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 12:40 AM

14,161 posts, read 8,277,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Megs will ditch Harry is 5 years max.

Did she get her nose done?

Sounds about right.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:59 AM

18,672 posts, read 18,960,864 times
Quote:

No it naturally goes like that when she does interviews.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:59 AM

10,218 posts, read 7,668,878 times
It was a good interview. I don't keep up with British press, so the headlines I've seen since are really shocking and disgusting. I can see why Meghan was so unhappy. The constant barrage of hate, including saying she looks like a "monkey" (clearly a reference to her race), and that Archie might look like one...that is really out of the park for hate press. Diana didn't have to go through headlines that bad. And it was clear that the tabloids weren't like that for Kate, either. So the royal line "we all have gone through that" simply isn't true. Bad headlines, yes. But not at that level.

I don't think Harry's a wimp who has been manipulated by Meghan. When he was a little boy, it was obvious he was very affected by his mother's death. That he mentioned he saw their situation, Meghan's situation, as repeating Diana's experience with being a royal was clearly the main reason they chose to leave. Because the barrage of hate wasn't going to stop, the RF was not going to speak up for her (it does occasionally speak up for others), that their children weren't going to be given titles (which was the first time royals in their position would not be given titles or security) all factored in.

Security is important to them, and that was going to be denied. Esp with all the hate in the country for Meghan, and with Harry particularly seeing the need for security because of what happened to his mother.

Charles has said before that he wants the number of RF main members whittled down. I guess because of cost. So they weren't going to be performing many duties, anyway.

I do think that Meghan was foolish not to research what life in the RF would be like. Maybe she was enamored with the prospect of being married to a Prince, so didn't want to know. Maybe she thought she could do her own projects on the side. Let's face it...as glamorous as being a RF member sounds, it also seems like a very boring job. You're told where to go, when, and stand there for hours not saying anything while smiling. Or shake hands. She's American and not into British life, so she didn't seem to know much about it. It doesn't sound like Harry discussed it much, either, if he never mentioned his mother's famous interview, which was what led to the divorce.

Harry's never been a very active member of the RF. He's the "other son." So I wonder why it's such a bru-ha-ha that he decided to pursue other opportunities.

Meghan was respectful of the RF, particularly the Queen, and made a point of saying that Kate is a good person. I saw Piers Morgan's tirade and wondered what interview he watched, because it wasn't the one I saw. He said that she trashed the Queen, Kate, etc. She did not at all. She said several times that the Queen was always nice to her, she liked the Queen, etc. Her criticisms were aimed at "The Institution," whoever those are who control the RF. The ones who said she can't see a mental therapist. The ones who told her to keep a lower profile, when she had been out of the Palace only twice in four months.

It sounds almost like she was imprisoned in their rooms at the Palace. No car, had to seek approval to go anywhere, no kitchenette to whip up a snack.

It's hard on commoners, particularly Americans, I guess, who aren't raised around the monarchy or that system. Diana's main trouble was with her marriage, but she also had issues with the system. And she was a "Lady" who was raised around the RF.

I hope they do well in California. I don't know what to think about Meghan. I think she must not be very bright not to know what her new job would involve. But she seems like a nice person. She has a lot of friends, that's for sure. Harry seems like a really great guy. Meghan is very lucky. Maybe they can stay married, away from the RF. I hope they can repair their relationships with their family members. They are family, after all. (I'm guessing it was Charles who talked to Harry about the skin color of the babies.)

Old 03-14-2021, 01:43 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,703,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I wrote a little about it in the Political forum, but overall I completely agree that Meghan convinced Harry to leave his family and caused nothing but discord for him. It's pretty sad and I hope for him his relationship with his brother can be mended.

Meghan never sounded grateful for the privilege or luxury she was given by being a part of the Royal family, she came across as dishonest and blaming everyone else.
Not having always paid close attention to them, but seeing here and there, I recall sensing they would not be staying put with the Royals.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:58 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,703,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I dont believe she didn’t know who she was marrying , didn’t her friends tell her he was a prince and he lived in a palace , sounded like she planned on going rogue and playing the race card from the start .
So she wanted Archie to have a Royal title? Queens own daughter princess Anne made sure her kids didn’t have any royal titles , yet Meghan not knowing first thing about the Royals ...... Wanted her son to be a prince , fat chance of that happening now.
It seems it has been all about her all along, running the show. They will likely part down the road and he will return to his family. Then, they will be in the tabloids thereafter...about the kids, new relationships, like many other celebrities.

I hate to say that, it would be nice if things were actually better...but it is just what I sense.

* I just thought to look up her birthdate...she's a LEO, just as I guessed. Not saying all Leo's are the same and ALL signs have positive / negative traits, leanings, but they can be very showy..many being in entertainment. (I am a Leo myself, however, depending upon birth time, chart placements, one can be influenced by different signs, and be more or less of their Sun sign personality traits. (Sorry, once I learned something about this year's ago, it just stayed with me).

Last edited by In2itive_1; 03-14-2021 at 03:19 AM..

Old 03-14-2021, 07:18 AM

22,153 posts, read 13,313,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Even before she met Harry, Meghan was very active in humanitarian causes especially those that pertain to women. She has championed women's causes for a very long time. She is an ambassador for several worldwide charities, and that's before Harry. She, like Harry spent time doing humanitarian work in Africa. That's what drew them together. She was an activist even as a little girl, she acclaimed some fame as a child for a campaign she started when she was 11 regarding a dishwashing soap commercial that she felt was demeaning to girls and women. Proctor and Gamble actually changed the commercial due to her efforts. As much as people want to hate her, she is not a piece of fluff, she has substance behind her. Harry has spent extensive time in Africa on humanitarian efforts. Both William and Harry have followed in Diana's footsteps in that regard.
Meghan has always been a relentless self-promoter, and "humanitarian causes" is the current way to do that.

Maybe instead of buying a $14 million mansion, she could have contributed to some? Put your money where your mouth is!

Old 03-14-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:

Agree on the ditching; on to the next useful idiot!

I don't know for sure, but if she did, she made it look EXACTLY like Harry's "ski-jump." Which would be very weird. Or else very brilliant; they say people marry people who look like them.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:26 AM

147 posts, read 61,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Meghan has always been a relentless self-promoter, and "humanitarian causes" is the current way to do that.

Maybe instead of buying a $14 million mansion, she could have contributed to some? Put your money where your mouth is!
Self promoters do not typically engage in a lot of selfless humanitarian work, but of course, anything that she does is harshly criticized. It's easier to nit-pick at a person, than to just come out and state, I don't like Meghan because I'm envious and threatened by her...

Old 03-14-2021, 07:51 AM

I wouldn't state the latter because it's not true, but I WILL just come out and state, I don't like Meghan...

Old 03-14-2021, 07:59 AM

147 posts, read 61,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I wouldn't state the latter because it's not true, but I WILL just come out and state, I don't like Meghan...
Well, I don't like the monarchy. The "Queen," has a lot of resources/land, but hordes everything for herself and immediate heirs. Why is she not sharing those resources w/ the general public? Also, why do British tax payers have to fund her family's privileged lifestyle, when they have more than enough resources at their disposal to buy whatever they need and want.

Instead of disliking Meghan, why not redirect your focus on the systems and institutions that create wide-spread socioeconomic inequalities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV