Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 10:03 AM

147 posts, read 60,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You sound like you have quite the axe to grind. Why should you care so much about the values the British hold dear? Perhaps worry about your own American values and whether or not you practice what you preach.
I understand that the truth hurts, but it shall also set you free.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:11 AM

8,631 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
Your truth? We live in a world where everywhere, fakeness is prevalent. It is much too easy for people to create illusions of reality for self-serving purposes, and they will be oblivious that they believe their own lies to themself to be what is true.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:29 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,208,590 times
Quote:
Unfortunately there is no single truth, but the sign over the entrance to the camps was Arbeit macht Frei.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Unfortunately there is no single truth, but the sign over the entrance to the camps was Arbeit macht Frei.
I agree, there's no single truth, but there are blatant lies.

Leading royal commentators have come under fire after they were filmed giving their views about Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey for an undisclosed fee, days before they had seen it. Four commentators, including Elizabeth's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter and CNN’s royal commentator Victoria Arbiter, gave interviews to a fake news company created by YouTuber pranksters Josh Pieters and Archie Manners on Friday, two days before the interview was aired.

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j35t3GCsk

Old 03-14-2021, 12:37 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Quote:
I agree, there's no single truth, but there are blatant lies.

Leading royal commentators have come under fire after they were filmed giving their views about Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey for an undisclosed fee, days before they had seen it. Four commentators, including Elizabeth's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter and CNN’s royal commentator Victoria Arbiter, gave interviews to a fake news company created by YouTuber pranksters Josh Pieters and Archie Manners on Friday, two days before the interview was aired.

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j35t3GCsk
You once posted to someone:

" I really want to know why white people's opinion means so much to you? You shouldn't subject yourself to living in a building that you do not feel comfortable in, but at the same time, I think you have to stop giving so much weight to their opinions.

They are not paying your expenses and as such, do not have any authority or control, outside of the attention that you directly give them."

I really want to know why reporters' opinions mean so much to you. I think you have to stop giving so much weight to their opinions.

No reason to be so consumed with the opinions of others when it comes to the Royal Family. They are not paying your expenses and as such, do not have any authority or control, outside of the attention that you directly give them.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
LOL you said "Nazis." Well, sort of.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:43 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
This is really amazing--- the commentators -who are reacting to something they have not seen-- I guess have guessed perfectly well what the interview would be as their comments are spot on to the interview.
I almost wonder if they did get snippets before?
Tooooo funny. The script is written.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You once posted to someone:

" I really want to know why white people's opinion means so much to you? You shouldn't subject yourself to living in a building that you do not feel comfortable in, but at the same time, I think you have to stop giving so much weight to their opinions.

They are not paying your expenses and as such, do not have any authority or control, outside of the attention that you directly give them."

I really want to know why reporters' opinions mean so much to you. I think you have to stop giving so much weight to their opinions.

No reason to be so consumed with the opinions of others when it comes to the Royal Family. They are not paying your expenses and as such, do not have any authority or control, outside of the attention that you directly give them.
My prior post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The OP from that thread was very upset and concerned about the opinions of white people in his building, whom he believed were behaving in a very racist manner towards him. My follow-up statement was that he shouldn't subject himself to any type of abuse and should move out of that building.

I must have struck a major nerve speaking the truth about Elizabeth (and her heirs) and the diabolical system that the monarchy represents, so much so, that you felt compelled to dig through my prior postings. Thanks for making me feel so relevant. And as an aside, I don't need to sift through any of your prior comments, because I can effectively discuss the topic at hand, without resorting to detractions...

I'm not personally impacted by anything that was expressed in that video, but I can see how blatant lies, presented as "truths," over and over again, can be very damaging to Meghan, especially if people are presenting themselves to the public as "royal experts," who watched the interview, when in fact, they did not.

Lastly, I'll say it clearly, so that no one can be mistaken about my opinion on the so-called royal family. I don't value or respect any monarchy and would never bow down to another mere mortal. Other people are however free to continue to worship Elizabeth and her heirs.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:59 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,208,590 times
We don't "worship" the Queen. We respect her. She has earned it.

Others worship themselves. It's called narcissism.

Old 03-14-2021, 02:29 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
We don't "worship" the Queen. We respect her. She has earned it.
What has she earned, though, really? She had the good fortune to be born into a family that was arbitrarily designated as special, and through events not of her own doing, became the Queen of England. A title which is essentially symbolic and has no real governing power or authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV