Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 01:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,673,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Americans are not assertive. They come across as obnoxious wherever they go abroad. What Meghan perceived as racism was class-consciousness in British society. Meghan has many strikes against her in the world of British snobbery. I believe that she suffered mightily even at the hands of the scullery maids at Buckingham Palace. She asked for it. She thought she could be a real princess when she met Prince Charming in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Lol I take no offense at calling us yanks obnoxious...we won that right from the brits centuries ago and refuse to cow-tow to anyone...my point was she internalized everything as racism and I agree it was snobbery mixed with royal rank...

Old 03-15-2021, 06:48 PM

2,268 posts, read 1,364,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I also had never heard of "Suits" before Ms Markle hit the tabloids with Harry. I wouldn't call it a popular or well known show. Now I'm beginning to wish I never heard her name HAHA
Nor have I. And I live in Canada. Ha Ha!

Old 03-15-2021, 08:00 PM

2,268 posts, read 1,364,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

According to both Harry and Markle, the Queen has been extremely supportive and nice to them.

The alleged racism was also nothing to do with the Queen or Prince Philip.

In terms of what has been alleged, they suggest someone inquired as to how dark the baby would be, which given the fact that Markle isn't even black (at best she looks tanned) and Harry is a pale ginger wouldn't be very dark at all.

They also alleged that Archie would not be given a royal title due to racism, which once again is nonsense.

Archie is white for a start and secondly as has already been pointed out titles are not given to great grandchildren, indeed most of the Queen's grand children don't have titles.

Princess Anne's children Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips don't have titles, whilst Prince Edwards children merely have reduced titles in relation to Viscount and Lady.

There are plans to reform the 'Royals', and to only allow immediate family members who are working royals to hold titles, something which seems very sensible.

As for the security, if Harry and Meghan want to pay for security, then Britain will provide it, however why should hard working British taxpayers pay for armed British police to fly to California to protect none working former Royals, who according to recent media reports are now worth over £100 million ($140 million USD).

It also should be noted that British police have no legal powers in the US, and the Armed Royalty Security would not be able to carry guns on guard duties in the US. Foreign Armed close protection officers are only allowed to carry guns on agreed visits by world leaders and royalty and not as some type of permanent guarding duty, and this includes the US Secret Service overseas.

In relation to hiring armed private US security why should Britain pay for it in relation to former non-working royals.

The fact that these two were playing the racism card to Oprah Winfrey who is worth $2.7 billion USD and is a neighbour in California beggars belief.

Poor Meghan, poor Harry and poor Oprah, having to deal with all those hardships in life.

Do they not realise how patronising there comments seem to ordinary people, who now by and large dislike them and want them stripped of their titles according to recent polls.

The narcissism, entitlement and privilege that these two have displayed is stomach churning.

Harry and Meghan’s personal wealth ‘soars to almost £100m’ as Californian home rockets in value - Daily Mirror
Well researched and well spoken.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:08 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,821,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
A few times during the interview I had to wonder, "Do they talk to each other?" Because her excuses and fundamental lack of knowledge (are blatant lies oops), if they are to be believed, could have been cleared up by conversing with her mate, the prince.
She talks he obeys . end of.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:08 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,553,474 times
This thread has gone way off topic of the Oprah TV show; multiple off topic posts have been deleted (but perhaps some were missed). Feel free to post elsewhere about Harry and Meghan but this thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.