Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 11:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,943,115 times

Advertisements

Anyone notice that Rhaenyra’s dragon is still hatching clutches and Rhaenyra is having children…
Looked to possibly be pregnant in last episode
And despite two different men for fathers, she has only born male children
Her father had 2 of each, Daemon’s two oldest are female, her aunt had 1 of each sex…
I just think it is interesting aspect—she is fecund, produces healthy offsprings, and so far all male…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 12:42 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Anyone notice that Rhaenyra’s dragon is still hatching clutches and Rhaenyra is having children…
Her father had 2 of each, Daemon’s two oldest are female, her aunt had 1 of each sex…
I just think it is interesting aspect—she is fecund, produces healthy offsprings, and so far all male…
In this day and age, I genuinely salute anyone who uses "fecund" correctly in a sentence.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In this day and age, I genuinely salute anyone who uses "fecund" correctly in a sentence.
Retired English teacher who has enough age to be not of this “age”, and I appreciate the compliment

Old 10-12-2022, 05:41 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
Interesting as far as the storyline goes, I suppose. But from a biological standpoint, it says more about the fathers than about her.

Her male offspring are due to the 2 fathers' contributions, independent of her. She supplies one of her two X chromosomes to each child.

The father contributes either an X or a Y chromosome. In her case, the both fathers passed along a Y chromosome to each of the 4 kids.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Interesting as far as the storyline goes, I suppose. But from a biological standpoint, it says more about the fathers than about her.

Her male offspring are due to the 2 fathers' contributions, independent of her. She supplies one of her two X chromosomes to each child.

The father contributes either an X or a Y chromosome. In her case, the both fathers passed along a Y chromosome to each of the 4 kids.
I know that sperm determines the sex of the child—
But I also know there are wives’ tales that suggest how to achieve one sex or the other when you try to conceive
It is just an interesting aspect
Since males are valued more highly than females in that culture—

Old 10-12-2022, 11:49 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,610,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I think she (the serving girl) was led to believe she was being given the "kill your baby" tea, the same one Rhaenyra was given a few eps ago. But I feel confident she was actually given a "go to sleep and never wake up" tea.

Excellent episode. An Emmy for the King. His climb up the Iron Throne was gripping. And when he stood up, catspaw dagger in hand, ready to attack Vaemond (only to have Daemon beat him to it), what a moment. Even with all his ailments, he's ready to defend the crown's name.

That family dinner was something else. And just as Viserys, Alicent and Rhaenyra had reached an uneasy truce, young @sshole Aegon opens his mouth. Again.

Aemond One-Eye appears to be a smart, conniving, cunning kid. Still evil, but smart about it. Aegon is evil, but also a d@uche and an idiot. And his sister-wife knows it.

Rhaenys is sharp. She would have made a good queen.

Final question: At the end, with her husband on his deathbed, did Alicent truly misunderstand what he said, and think Viserys was telling her Aegon was the one who was promised? Or did she finally realize he thought he was talking to Rhaenyra, but not care and decide her kids should be the rulers?

I'm pretty sure that the servant girl was given Moon Tea; the Westerosi universal women's remedy for cramps and unwanted pregnancies. If Alicent had planned to kill her by putting something lethal in that tea; she wouldn't have bothered to advise the girl to keep quiet about Aegon's raping her, she just would have just been sweet to her and told her to drink the tea and take a nap and they'd find another place for her to serve.

Viserys' painful last walk to the Throne was magnificent and Emmy-worthy; as was Paddy Considine's entire performance this season in my opinion.

Rhaenys would definitely have made the best ruler out of all of them. But then we probably would not have had a Dance of Dragons (maybe, since Laenor would not have been able to sire an heir), and there might not be a show.

I think Alicent thought that Viserys was telling her that he'd changed his mind, that he wanted Aegon to rule after him.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:22 AM

Interview in NYTimes with the current Alicent and Rhaenyra actors—
Neither one would tell about what Alicent was thinking at the death bed…
Sad that a King dies alone, that he was so sick for so long than he became incidental to life at court

Old 10-13-2022, 10:13 AM

5,848 posts, read 6,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the servant girl was given Moon Tea; the Westerosi universal women's remedy for cramps and unwanted pregnancies. If Alicent had planned to kill her by putting something lethal in that tea; she wouldn't have bothered to advise the girl to keep quiet about Aegon's raping her, she just would have just been sweet to her and told her to drink the tea and take a nap and they'd find another place for her to serve.
I read something on another message board that said the Director of the episode confirmed that it was, indeed, Moon Tea, so I think you're correct.

My takeaway from that scene was that Alicent seemed weary and experienced in cleaning up after Aegon and the girl was not the first that Alicent had paid off and/or given Moon Tea to.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:56 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,610,676 times
[quote=loves2read;64278491]Anyone notice that Rhaenyra’s dragon is still hatching clutches and Rhaenyra is having children…
I just think it is interesting aspect—she is fecund, produces healthy offsprings, and so far all male…[/QUOTE
]

In Fire & Blood, the book on which House of the Dragon is based, Rhaenyra's last pregnancy produces a stillborn daughter. So she will have had five sons who will survive infancy and early childhood; a good record for Targaryens. Sadly, the Dance of Dragons will not be kind to them; but her line will survive.

Old 10-14-2022, 02:59 PM

7,387 posts, read 12,695,548 times
[quote=Regina14;64287197]
Quote:
I just think it is interesting aspect—she is fecund, produces healthy offsprings, and so far all male…[/QUOTE
]

In Fire & Blood, the book on which House of the Dragon is based, Rhaenyra's last pregnancy produces a stillborn daughter. So she will have had five sons who will survive infancy and early childhood; a good record for Targaryens. Sadly, the Dance of Dragons will not be kind to them; but her line will survive.

Spoiler alert!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV