Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2022, 03:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,943,115 times

Advertisements

[quote=Clark Fork Fantast;64290546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post

Spoiler alert!
I don’t consider the story ruined—
People who get really upset by spoilers shouldn’t go on boards like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 03:59 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Old 10-14-2022, 05:05 PM

32,121 posts, read 34,792,404 times
[quote=loves2read;64290810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

I don’t consider the story ruined—
You mean they can't shut down Twitter and other social media until I've had a chance to get caught up on all my shows?

Old 10-14-2022, 07:39 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,670,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I read something on another message board that said the Director of the episode confirmed that it was, indeed, Moon Tea, so I think you're correct.

My takeaway from that scene was that Alicent seemed weary and experienced in cleaning up after Aegon and the girl was not the first that Alicent had paid off and/or given Moon Tea to.
There is a slight chance, perhaps the slave girl will have a baby boy who grows up being loved & cherished. A boy who loves the village people & helps them when he has an opportunity. He will be strong, handsome, respected, & one day may sit on the Iron Throne...

Old 10-14-2022, 09:59 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,245,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You mean they can't shut down Twitter and other social media until I've had a chance to get caught up on all my shows?
Quote:
There is a significant difference in spoilers between:

You're slightly behind, but someone posts something about what happened on the show last night,
and
Someone posting in this thread about things that happened in the book, but haven't happened in the show yet.

Yes, it's funny (not really) to be sarcastic and say "shut down twitter". But what if I posted "Wait until next week, when Daemon ends up getting pissed at Rhaenyra when she becomes queen, because she won't kill Alicent's kids, and so Daemon does it himself with his dragon".

I'm not going to bring it up again, since it seems I'm in the minority here, but... spoilers from aired episodes aren't really spoilers. Spoilers from things that haven't been shown, but are known to exist, are spoilers. And I think they ruin it for most people.

BTW, what started all this was a comment from Regina14 foretelling what will happen to Rhaenyra's kids, based on the book. I've read the book, otherwise I'd be pissed. Again, just my .02.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:21 AM

I.Don’t. Care.
You either watch a show because you like it or you don’t
What if Daemon does what you say?
Your one sentence summary does not carry the same emotional voltage and revelation as actually watching it on film
I prefer not to read a reveal of each episode before it happens but I watched all the episodes after the wedding AFTER coming here and reading comments and reading the summaries in the NYTimes
I don’t watch to be SURPRISED—-I watch to be entertained…

For example, in “The Sixth Sense” I understood what the plot twist would be before it was revealed—
Should I have walked out of the movie once I understood that Bruce Willis was a ghost? Hardly…
And re “The Shinning” which I had read multiple times, should I have passed on the movie because I knew what “redrum” meant and what Danny’s dad really was???

If you don’t like spoilers, if they inhibit your enjoyment that much— then avoid places they are likely to be spilled…

PS—for example, I recently watched “The Northman” a retelling of the historical tale Shakespeare likely based his “Hamlet” on. I had also seen an earlier film called “Prince of Jutland” which was an historical version of the Amleth story, lower budget shot about 25 yrs ago that had similarities and differences between “The Northman” and most versions of “Hamlet”
All of them were enjoyable for their own unique reasons and their differences…
And I knew the main details of the plots—and had read reviews…

Maybe I am unusual in that regard—-and I guess perhaps my attitude has changed as I have aged
The only real surprise is in discovering talent where you did not expect to find it

Last edited by loves2read; 10-15-2022 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-15-2022, 10:25 AM

7,387 posts, read 12,695,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

You're slightly behind, but someone posts something about what happened on the show last night,
and
Someone posting in this thread about things that happened in the book, but haven't happened in the show yet.

Yes, it's funny (not really) to be sarcastic and say "shut down twitter". But what if I posted "Wait until next week, when Daemon ends up getting pissed at Rhaenyra when she becomes queen, because she won't kill Alicent's kids, and so Daemon does it himself with his dragon".

I'm not going to bring it up again, since it seems I'm in the minority here, but... spoilers from aired episodes aren't really spoilers. Spoilers from things that haven't been shown, but are known to exist, are spoilers. And I think they ruin it for most people.

BTW, what started all this was a comment from Regina14 foretelling what will happen to Rhaenyra's kids, based on the book. I've read the book, otherwise I'd be pissed. Again, just my .02.
Thank you, Astrohip. That was my point with my (rather innocent, I think) "spoiler alert" remark directed at Regina14's reference to the book's storyline about Rhaenyra's kids which will probably be featured in the upcoming weeks of the TV series. I don't want to know these major events ahead of time. It ruins the suspense for me. I have nothing against posting comments about already aired episodes, although that's hard to manage when we're talking about streaming series. In such cases I use the spoiler function myself.

I won't mention this again, either. We had this whole debate going in the original GoT threads, and we (some of us, anyway) reached a very sensible agreement not to interject "knowledge" from the books about future TV plot lines without hiding it as a spoiler. But this is another day, another series.

Old 10-15-2022, 10:42 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,245,048 times
Quote:
For example, in “The Sixth Sense” I understood what the plot twist would be before it was revealed—
Should I have walked out of the movie once I understood that Bruce Willis was a ghost? Hardly…
There is a HUGE difference between realizing what the twist is (or even realizing there's going to be one) while you're watching, and learning about one in advance. What if you knew the twist before you even walked in? Would that change your experience? Of course it would, whether you care to admit it or not. You'd be watching each scene knowing what's coming, and that changes your entire awareness.

Think about that A-HA moment you had when you realized what was coming. Nope, it was spoiled for you, not gonna happen.

It's more than just "do I enjoy this or not". If I don't enjoy something, I stop watching. Spoilers are different. they take away the story as the writers intended it to be experienced.

I need to step away from this thread drift, as it's not going to change your mind. But I will say this: This is the only, ONLY, TV site I read (and I read about 15-20 a day, I love my TV) where spoilers aren't prohibited. I think you'll find the vast majority of people prefer NOT to see them.

Old 10-15-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
There is a HUGE difference between realizing what the twist is (or even realizing there's going to be one) while you're watching, and learning about one in advance. What if you knew the twist before you even walked in? Would that change your experience? Of course it would, whether you care to admit it or not. You'd be watching each scene knowing what's coming, and that changes your entire awareness.

Think about that A-HA moment you had when you realized what was coming. Nope, it was spoiled for you, not gonna happen.

It's more than just "do I enjoy this or not". If I don't enjoy something, I stop watching. Spoilers are different. they take away the story as the writers intended it to be experienced.

I need to step away from this thread drift, as it's not going to change your mind. But I will say this: This is the only, ONLY, TV site I read (and I read about 15-20 a day, I love my TV) where spoilers aren't prohibited. I think you'll find the vast majority of people prefer NOT to see them.
Sue they do
I prefer not to read about them
But it won’t stop me from watching a show I like
You go on sites like this and it is a crap shoot what others will post

Old 10-16-2022, 01:35 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,610,676 times
Quote:

and

I didn't foretell the exact individual fates of each of Rhaenyra's sons; just that the future would not be kind to them, but that her line would survive; which could imply anything from injury, imprisonment, death, survival, to eventual triumph. The book Fire & Blood has been out for nearly four years; that book revealed the fates of almost every character on the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV